Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT BY WASHINGTON #REDSKINS OWNER DAN SNYDER-BRUCE ALLEN FIRED

TK

13. Please refrain from including overly explicit material in posts.
This includes, but is not limited to, overly violent, obscene, or sexual content in any media form--- including text, pictures, gifs, audio clips, or videos. Use discretion, and err on the side of caution in instances where material you are considering posting might be considered “over the line.” A significant quantity of our traffic visits occur during work hours, are made in public environments, and are made by individuals less than 18 years of age. This is a board open to all, including entire families of all ages of Redskins fans, and it is the official board of The Washington Redskins. Show pride and respect for that fact and give thought to what you post on ES. If you are in doubt about something you're about to post, simply don't post it.

Members quoting posts that include such violations (or other rule violations) without editing the violation out of the quote are simply creating another violation of this Rule and may be penalized accordingly.

You know, for the first time in a loooong time it feels good to be a Redskins fan again.  Hope is a beautiful thing.  Feeling much better than I have in 4+ years.  We deserve it after all the crap sandwiches we have been fed over the last few years.  It just feels right, and very nice.  Been a long time.  It's also nice to see the positive energy amongst US again. Our dysfunction has caused so much strife between us as fans that being on here just wasn't fun anymore.  All is not solved by any means yet, and MUCH work to do, but it feels damn good to have cleared out some of the chaff and hopefully on the road to respectability again.  It's not fun to be the laughing stock as it is not familiar territory to us old fans (50 and older), but more important, the young fans who never got to experience any glory...maybe you can get a taste finally.  I hope so, and actually looking forward to the 2020 season already.  Cheer all, happy New Year, and HAIL!!!!!  :cheers:

So ... has Bruce totally ruined his father's legacy here in D.C.? It's a legitimate question, I think. For me, I'd say "no." But I'd say he's tainted it considerably. Allen is my second favorite Redskin coach of all time. I loved how passionate he was, how he lived and died by the state of the team, how he got his guys fired up and always playing incredibly hard. 

But Bruce? Bruce seemed to have just the opposite effect on the team over his decade of destruction here. For generations moving forward, he's the "Allen" that will be associated with the Redskins, an Allen synonymous with failure. Wonder if he fully grasps that. 

In a way, kind of sad to think of the young kid cheering in this clip at 1:10 as a kid who'd grow up being one of the most hated men in Redskins history. The apple fell pretty damn far from the tree in this case. 

23 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

So ... has Bruce totally ruined his father's legacy here in D.C.?

You can't blame the dead father for the sins of his idiot son.  

George Allen's legacy is exactly the same as it was in 1980, 1990, 2000 and 2010. 

30 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Dan got me ! Again sorry Mods thanks for your leniency

You were a leak inside Redskins Park?

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

So ... has Bruce totally ruined his father's legacy here in D.C.? It's a legitimate question, I think. For me, I'd say "no." But I'd say he's tainted it considerably. Allen is my second favorite Redskin coach of all time. I loved how passionate he was, how he lived and died by the state of the team, how he got his guys fired up and always playing incredibly hard. 

But Bruce? Bruce seemed to have just the opposite effect on the team over his decade of destruction here. For generations moving forward, he's the "Allen" that will be associated with the Redskins, an Allen synonymous with failure. Wonder if he fully grasps that. 

In a way, kind of sad to think of the young kid cheering in this clip at 1:10 as a kid who'd grow up being one of the most hated men in Redskins history. The apple fell pretty damn far from the tree in this case. 

I can't believe you posted this. Just last night I was looking for that entire game, I was out of the country and have never seen it in it's entirety.  All I found was clips like this, but I did land on the 2nd half of the Redskins/Rams MNF game in '71, Allen's first return to LA.  My observations:

The game has not really changed all that much. Sure the players are bigger but you can't tell that from watching the game

Roman Gabriel had a really really long delivery

FG Kickers sucked back then, Knight missed 2 badly leaving the door open for  a Rams comeback

Roy Jefferson was even better than I remembered.

Pat Fisher was amazing in his ability to stick with receivers all over the field

it was cool seeing so many familiar names, Hell I even recognized the name  of the Rams punter. 

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I can't believe you posted this. Just last night I was looking for that entire game, I was out of the country and have never seen it in it's entirety.  All I found was clips like this, but I did land on the 2nd half of the Redskins/Rams MNF game in '71, Allen's first return to LA.  

FG Kickers sucked back then, Knight missed 2 badly 

IIRC, Knight made a 50+ yarder that game, and that was when the posts were in the front of the end zone, so the ball was spotted on our side of the field.

That also might've been the game where Andy Reid was in the PPK competition and he was 10 times bigger than anyone else!

Archived