Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

True. We weren’t able to ruin Lavar nearly as quickly as we ruined Chase.

How exactly have we ruined Young?  Because he occasionally drops into coverage?  Young ruined Young.  More accurately Young was never as good as he thought he was and didn’t work hard to narrow the gap between his his play and the hype.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

True. We weren’t able to ruin Lavar nearly as quickly as we ruined Chase.

How do you ruin a superior DE taken at #2 and called can't miss? Maybe attitude? But even then, a guy at #2 who really wants to be great will find a way and leave this team to go to another one and make 100 million bucks.  No way this is on WFT. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

How do you ruin a superior DE taken at #2 and called can't miss? Maybe attitude? But even then, a guy at #2 who really wants to be great will find a way and leave this team to go to another one and make 100 million bucks.  No way this is on WFT. 

WFT’s only mistake with Young was drafting him.  The signs were there that he wasn’t as good as the hype.  I’m not sure in a non-Covid year he gets drafted that high. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I think its more that DL just aren't that impactful in today's NFL. Its easy to take a DE out of a gameplan with quick passes and if you're on a bad offense you're not given much opportunity to rush the passer as much.

I agree with you but our pass rushers should dominate most plays that aren’t quick throws. They’ve improved more as a unit in that regard in the last three.  

In this game, Young appeared to be taking effort breaks in this game but it could have been the play design or the altitude.  The forced fumble is what we expect from him. We need more plays like that in big situations. 

Edited by Leonard Washington
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

8 games, 1.5 sacks, 3 tfls.

Nick Bosa did more than that today. 

I would trade Young and Sweat for anything that they could get..Those two only care about money and have no heart

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I would trade Young and Sweat for anything that they could get..Those two only care about money and have no heart

They wouldn’t get much at this point, not worth it.  You let their contracts run out, hope maybe they get better or at least don’t need to be above average (ie we upgrade linebackers and safeties).

My suspicion is that both will ultimately be journeymen.  

Just now, Capsman said:

They wouldn’t get much at this point, not worth it.  You let their contracts run out, hope maybe they get better or at least don’t need to be above average (ie we upgrade linebackers and safeties).

My suspicion is that both will ultimately be journeymen.  

Who cares..they aren't helping the team now are they?

3 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Who cares..they aren't helping the team now are they?

Well, unless you can get someone better in FA or you think they are cancers, the other options are worse.  Trading them for a bag of peanuts when there’s a small chance they improve is not smart.  

• Like 1

It's like chase is watching the game on the field. I don't see chase from last year at all. So many plays he could have been a part of with a little effort. I don't like this late hit stuff either. Show how dominant you are between the whistles. He may be great but I'm just not seeing it this year

1 minute ago, Daniel.redskins said:

The sad thing is this.  If we wanted to trade Young for a first round pick, we wouldn't have any buyers.  

I would take a second in a heartbeat for his ass..He just dosen't have the drive to be great..It's all about the money for that guy.

7 minutes ago, RoseHill said:

It's like chase is watching the game on the field. I don't see chase from last year at all. So many plays he could have been a part of with a little effort. I don't like this late hit stuff either. Show how dominant you are between the whistles. He may be great but I'm just not seeing it this year

Last year I didn’t think he was a particularly good pass rusher but I could see some of the athleticism that made him attractive in the draft.  This year I don’t see the athleticism.  He doesn’t look quick or fast any more. I’m curious about his weight this season versus last. 

10 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Meanwhile watching this Dallas defense and guys like Gregory playing like absolute monsters. 

Their scouting is 1000x better than ours. Not even close. Yes plastic face Jones has struggled to build complete teams but Dallas consistently has way more talent on the field than we do. I’m not sure I can ever forgive Mayhew/Rivera for the Davis pick.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Their scouting is 1000x better than ours. Not even close. Yes plastic face Jones has struggled to build complete teams but Dallas consistently has way more talent on the field than we do. I’m not sure I can ever forgive Mayhew/Rivera for the Davis pick.  

Yeah its insane how they can have a complete team with players that can play everywhere, we have production from like one receiver this entire year....Jamin Davis man i had such high hopes for him....

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Yeah its insane how they can have a complete team with players that can play everywhere, we have production from like one receiver this entire year....Jamin Davis man i had such high hopes for him....

Jamin Davis pick was laughable. Kid had one good year @ Kentucky and was a combine warrior. Awful pick. Getting rid of Kyle Smith was a mistake and Ron's guys are proving to be terrible in draft and FA. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pico926 said:

Jamin Davis pick was laughable. Kid had one good year @ Kentucky and was a combine warrior. Awful pick. Getting rid of Kyle Smith was a mistake and Ron's guys are proving to be terrible in draft and FA. 

Eh, Cosmi and St.Juste I think were quality picks for where they were drafted.   But yeah Davis, unforgivable.  

5 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Eh, Cosmi and St.Juste I think were quality picks for where they were drafted.   But yeah Davis, unforgivable.  

Cosmi yes. St Juste is purely a push. Getting nothing more than expected out of a 3rd rounder. A flash here and there but nothing spectacular. Samuel, Jackson, and McCain. I rest my case