Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Navy Is Said to Proceed With Disciplinary Plans Against Edward Gallagher

No Excuses

On 12/24/2019 at 9:21 AM, Fresh8686 said:

@The Sisko you need to put that **** in a spoiler tag man. Give people the choice on whether or not they want to be exposed to that picture.

This piece of **** Trump mother****er is corrupting everything he touches. We are watching it happen in real time.

On 12/24/2019 at 9:54 AM, TK said:

Thank you.

@The Sisko That should have gotten you a nice little ban, but it's Christmas so consider this edit as a gift of mercy. :) 

Thanks for the leniency guys. Mea culpa. Whether it’s a reflection of the desensitized world we live in, the result of senility on my part or both, it honestly didn’t occur to me that it was that bad. Either way, I should’ve known better.

the right calls it Trump Derangement Syndrome.... but i am soooooooooooo  soooooooooooooooooooooooooo  soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo    tired of hearing about this absolute total and complete piece of ****.

it is not derangement to somehow notice that EVERYTHING he does is ****ty.   he is so multidimensional in his ability to suck, it would be awe-inspiring...if it wasn't so pathetic for our country, and so very appalling that almost 50% of the country appear to LOVE this steaming load of crap whose ONLY  identifiable skill appears to be triggering snowflakes.   ..... but that appears to be more than enough for the 50%.   

at this point, I think the "deplorable" tag that outraged half of the electorate is too kind by far.

It kind of makes me wonder about his wife, family and friends. If it were me that had done this, I know with 100% certainty my wife would divorce me and I’m reasonably sure all my friends would drop me. I wouldn’t associate with anyone that wouldn’t distance themselves from me under such circumstances. It’s sad that, at least as far as we can tell, this murderer isn’t a social pariah.

FWIW, the SEALS that prevented him from killing more civilians by firing warning shots and through other means are the real heroes in this story. They deserve better than to have their service crapped on by Gallagher’s attorney. 

the press continues to ignore he was acquitted, not pardoned.

he also served the sentence for his only conviction.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/military/story/2019-11-20/navy-seal-eddie-gallagher-neither-pardoned-nor-cleared-by-trump-says-navy-retaliating-against-him

why would people with morals continue to ignore reality?

59 minutes ago, twa said:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/military/story/2019-11-20/navy-seal-eddie-gallagher-neither-pardoned-nor-cleared-by-trump-says-navy-retaliating-against-him

why would people with morals continue to ignore reality?

I don’t know. Why would some people without them twist the facts to make a murderous war criminal look like a choirboy? The fact is, the only reason this criminal was acquitted was because a witness that was given immunity then confessed to the crime. That’s an obvious “fix”. Most likely he was paid off, cajoled into it, threatened or some combination. Sorry but an acquittal doesn’t equal innocence.

Again, when similar things happen to our guys and the fact that responsible parties on the other side aren’t convicted of anything for no other reason than the enemy choosing to turn a blind eye, I’ll be sure to point out that they weren’t convicted of anything and that we had it coming. In the meantime, I’ll be taking notes from your troll’s bible on the silliest and most disingenuous way to do it.🙂

28 minutes ago, Larry said:

Right.  

They prosecuted somebody who Trump decided, after the fact, to use as a prop.  Clear prosecutorial abuse, there.  

so you know nothing of the case or why the lead prosecutor was replaced.

nice talking to ya

3 minutes ago, twa said:

so you know nothing of the case or why the lead prosecutor was replaced.

nice talking to ya

I know that the court didn't seem to think he was railroaded.  

And I know that your track record of yelling prosecution abuse seems to be somewhat selective.  

46 minutes ago, Larry said:

I know that the court didn't seem to think he was railroaded.  

really?

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-edward-gallagher-seal-war-crimes-prosecutor-dismissed-20190603-story.html

so you would say the court removing the prosecutor for cause and ....

released Gallagher from custody as a remedy for interference by prosecutors in the middle of a hearing that also included accusations they withheld evidence from the defense.

means the court saw nothing wrong?

3 hours ago, twa said:

You all know I hate defending TWA but sometimes it is needed.  The press, who should be held to a higher standard than they seem to perform at far too often, sure likes getting their words and facts wrong with regard to this guy.  Like it or not, he is not a convicted war criminal.  Like it or not, he has not been pardoned of anything.  Like it or not, he served time appropriate for the crime he was convicted of.  Like it or not, he got off of more than he probably should have because MORE than just the prosecutor broke the rules in his case.  And when that happens, valuable evidence can be thrown out.  Etc.......  And most of you all know this.  But it pisses you off so you ignore it.  (Pisses me off fwiw but I still try to be honest about the facts)

But I’ll re-post this since some many are so sure they know all the facts and everything is so clear cut.

On 11/27/2019 at 6:15 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

As for war crimes, why hasn't any other "jurisdiction" tried to bring war crimes charges if it is so clear cut that he committed them?

Are all the flights to The Hague booked?

Archived