Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Navy Is Said to Proceed With Disciplinary Plans Against Edward Gallagher

No Excuses

The medic who said he killed the ISIS fighter testified that Gallagher DID stab the prisoner in the neck.  But because he was still alive, the medic proceeded asphyxiate him as a mercy killing.   So is posing with the corpse of a combatant you just stabbed in the neck considered a war crime? 

Tomato/tomat.o

1 minute ago, visionary said:

I think the stabbing and posing, while terrible, is more the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Galliger.  He did far worse and would have done worse yet if not hindered by those around him.  

Yep. The stabbing was what had the most evidence. Him shooting randos would have been hard to prove. It would be hearsay. Doubt they would have been able to get his victim. Prosecution really ****ed this one up. They put a murderer in a position to walk.

53 minutes ago, visionary said:

How many US soldiers who committed war crimes were prosecuted in the icc?

Depends on how you view it.  Have they committed a war crime if no jurisdiction has concluded they have?

But to answer what I think you’re asking, none that I am aware of.  And we could take this thread down the rabbit hole of problems with the ICC and why we “aren’t a part of it”, under both GOP and Dem leadership.  

But I also haven’t found any investigation done by the ICC and finding info on their investigations I’m finding quite difficult with the exception of global-headline making things.  And there is nothing stopping them from doing an investigation.

i know there was something in here a while ago about him wearing something of some marketing nautre i think, so dunno if this is that ot different but i think it's a new deal that he's actually developing a brand (which has been obvious that he was going to monetize this notoriety---you could see it starting early on fox news..

https://www.yahoo.com/news/navy-seal-edward-gallagher-launched-123712538.html

Navy SEAL Edward Gallagher has launched a lifestyle brand

The New York Times reported on Tuesday that Gallagher appears to have embraced the branding opportunities that come with his increased public profile by launching a clothing collaboration and endorsing nutrition supplements and coffee.

The collaboration, called Salty Frog Gear, includes T-shirts, sweatshirts, and drinkware consisting of a branded whiskey glass and a decanter.

pics vids and much more article at link

btw, just speaking from a purely scientific perspective :P, i only had to watch that guy a few minutes to find it easy to believe he did everything his mates accused him of or close enough---and of course he loves trump, a giveaway :evil:

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

So is the frog choice (Salty frog clothing) a reference to his SEAL days or an allusion to the racist rightwing pepe frog...or both?

Yeah, probably both.

Edit..all it's missing is the upside down okay symbol. 

It's a rough translation of the Vietnamese town where his stuff is made. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived