Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Outer Space Thread

RemoveSnyder

and yeah it's to ocloudy out. Someone gave me glasses at a party yesterday, I was like I'll try to see it, then when I looked out at 3 pm it was clouds everywhere so I didn't bother

That was very cool to experience...sun turned into a ring of fire for a few minutes and the eclipse made it look like a massive rainstorm was on the way.

When the moon fully covered the sun (except for the ring) people on all the blocks around me started cheering and cars all started honking lol. Some college kids were having a cookout and playing music outside as a build-up to the eclipse. Others set off firecrackers.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Google Searches for 'Eyes Hurt' Spike Amid Solar Eclipse

Those who spent a little too much time looking at the flaming ball of fire in the sky quickly took to the internet to find the source of their new eye pain, and Google Trends noticed (as spotted by Wall Street Journal SEO Editor Shalom Goodman on X/Twitter). Specifically, search terms like “eyes hurt,” “my eyes hurt,” and “why do my eyes hurt” saw a significant uptick around 11 a.m. PT / 2 p.m. ET. In case you haven’t been keeping up with the solar eclipse schedule, that’s just around the time the moon started to pass between the Earth and the sun. Related searches seemed to reach their peak at 12 p.m. PT / 3 p.m. ET.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 3

With the eclipse being during school hours I had a minor bout of parental worry that my kids were going to come home with hurt eyes, but they used their eclipse glasses and had a great time. 

• Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, China said:

Google Searches for 'Eyes Hurt' Spike Amid Solar Eclipse

Those who spent a little too much time looking at the flaming ball of fire in the sky quickly took to the internet to find the source of their new eye pain, and Google Trends noticed (as spotted by Wall Street Journal SEO Editor Shalom Goodman on X/Twitter). Specifically, search terms like “eyes hurt,” “my eyes hurt,” and “why do my eyes hurt” saw a significant uptick around 11 a.m. PT / 2 p.m. ET. In case you haven’t been keeping up with the solar eclipse schedule, that’s just around the time the moon started to pass between the Earth and the sun. Related searches seemed to reach their peak at 12 p.m. PT / 3 p.m. ET.

Click on the link for the full article

4db85fa8-8f63-4d5e-9bf5-55e94cf2c4f2.png

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Paging @PleaseBlitz defend your honor.

I went to the University, I am not from WV.

I watched the eclipse on a rooftop on Pennsylvania Avenue surrounded by lawyers on the various rooftops between my building and K Street.  These people follow the rules. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 hours ago, Skins24 said:

How can anyone see this and not think it's cool!

20240991501-20240991856-GOES16-ABI-CONUS

I don't think it's cool. It shows a curve, which is bull**** because the earth is flat. This is NASA up to their same old world domination control tricks and you sheep just keep falling for it.

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...