Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Jets

KDawg

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On another note, As Galdi brought up they complained last year when they stepped up practice in a short week.   Peterson had to chime in to get it under control.  I agree with @Gibbs Hog Heaven on this -- you need players who are winners.  This reflects poorly on the personnel and their mindset to strive to be great.  I think its no coincidence that it was Peterson of all people who had to talk to players about this last year -- he's the epitome of a hard working winner. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 1.58.27 PM.png

He's the one player on this roster you really feel for. 

A true modern-day great, who still works his behind off and is a true leader. Surrounded by guys just in it for the money who are content to do the bare minimum. 

If they can't be inspired by AP's example for what it takes to not only be at the very top of the game but constantly striving to get better,  on a daily basis then there's little hope for them to ever be anything other than mediocre. 

Hail. 

One other thing. Was Penn benched? I know Norman, Nicholson (and Dunbar?) were benched in the game, but I wonder if we can see what we have in Christian and maybe Martin and Ross, to see how good these guys are at OL and how much we need to invest in it. 

Regardless, I look for a few guys in the draft this year to replace the guys leaving. 

Randoms

That feeble grounding Dwayne attempted that went about 1 yard was worth a laugh, but he was bailed out and called in the grasp.

The OL did Haskins no favors, nor did the play calling, that one screen we called aside. Terrible just terrible play calling for Haskins. Get rhythm, when you get the blues.

It was interesting we started the game passing, but of course it was to AP, who was likely just getting check downs.  No trickery or deception, fumbled Jet aside. I am stunned we went deep, but that was probably TMC improvising on a broken play.

TMC, MVP.  It seems like Tress Way and his 5 plays a game is finally getting some competition.

It must be painful for players to listen to Callahan drone on in a wasted season, especially during a bye week.  We can have lunch at 12:15, and then we can self scout all afternoon!!!1! oh FML.

I think it's obvious that we are the worst team in the league, and worst run organization. 

11 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

It was interesting we started the game passing, but of course it was to AP, who was likely just getting check downs.

I love me some AP, but watching him on the -1 yard reception by the sideline made me feel embarrassed when he tried to out-juke a CB like he's Chris Thompson. It was painful.

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am out on him.  Cooley has said (and PFF scores back him on this point big time) he's not a good blocker but if anything below average.  The whole idea of Sprinkle was that he'd potentially be a good blocker who can be some threat in the passing game.  But he's neither. 

I believe you. But at the same time he's out number 1 right now. I try to have hope in Hentges but he's giving me nothing. At least Sprinkle caught the 15 yarder and had another play where he was open for big yards and could have gotten maybe 30. He's definitely not a dominant TE but the question for this year is Sprinkle, Hengtes or Burton. Somebody's got to emerge as a possibility to checkdown. they don't have to be Reed or Vernon but they need to catch the balls that are sent to them. Sprinkle missed that 1 and caught 2. That's a better catch % than Hentges and Burton so he's in the lead for me to emerge. 

And this is saying nothing about blocking. I've kinda given up there. 

16 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I love me some AP, but watching him on the -1 yard reception by the sideline made me feel embarrassed when he tried to out-juke a CB like he's Chris Thompson. It was painful.

Apparently he has turf toe. I think that is what largely grounded Jordan Reed much of last year. And has CT grounded.  He probably shouldn't bother playing right now, and if indeed hindered to the point it is holding him back, shouldn't be allowed to play.   I am starting to wonder the return on investment he is getting by playing through. Life will go on without AP. We can bring in dinner bell CJ Anderson or many others.

I get the sense that AP takes pride in trying to play through all injuries and pain, but to the extreme.  I am actually stunned Callahan didn't blindly try to feed him 20 carries to make his "we run!!!1!" point.

tenor.gif?itemid=13943484

By the way, Doc Walker knows his brand and always sticks to it.

His solution to every problem in football is "work harder" and "get tougher." He probably thinks Alex Smith could have played this year if he "just wanted it more."

So, OF COURSE, he likes the idea of an extra practice during a bye week. Doc would deny water breaks if he could.

I'm pretty confident in stating that these teams problems are not going to be fixed by a few extra hours of practice.

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

By the way, Doc Walker knows his brand and always sticks to it.

His solution to every problem in football is "work harder" and "get tougher." He probably thinks Alex Smith could have played this year if he "just wanted it more."

So, OF COURSE, he likes the idea of an extra practice during a bye week. Doc would deny water breaks if he could.

I'm pretty confident in stating that these teams problems are not going to be fixed by a few extra hours of practice.

Doc is a caricatured himself.  

Yhe only thing i agree with him on is a player constantly screws up, then try somebody else because you’re paying them, so why not? 

Here are the simple things teams do presnap to our OL, that causes confusion, and missed blocks, consistently, for almost Callahans entire tenure here. Bring 4, yet a guy is free.

Those same things our defense rarely to never tries, which makes it harder for our OL to prepare, I am most certain.  The play before Haskins had his fireside chat with his OL, is even worse. Bullock will have it up soon I am sure.

Okay, I've watched so little of them this year, you can take these with a grain of salt, but I also still come in here and read some so just to mix it up for you guys (it seems like there are 4 or 5 of you these days).  

1.  Sprinkle is the kind of guy that plays a lot of years, but just for bad teams.  He's the guy that plays for your team for a few years, then you lose track of him, and then some time when you are playing a bad team he shows up on their roster.  And its like oh he plays for them, that makes sense.

2.  I have no idea why Norman was on the roster at the start of the season.  Much less today.

3.  The Haskins OL rant/pep talk was odd, and the OL seemed so disinterested.  It wasn't like they cared at all positively or negatively.

4.  As somebody else pointed out, I think Haskins has some ability (e.g. the 2 point play). I think he could be a good QB, IF he had landed in the right situation.  And this isn't it.  The thing about bad mechanics is the more you play with them, the harder they are to break/correct.  I feel sorry for him, and if I were running the team, I'd be tempted to trade him at the end of the season out of sympathy.

5.  I have no confidence in Guice being healthy going forward long term.  If you can get him through the end of the season healthy and get almost anything for him, I'd trade him.

6.  Scherff was a mistake the day they drafted him.  I've got no problem if they let him walk.

7.  The young WRs look good, not great.  On a good team, I think in the future, they could be okay, but I don't think any of them are going to be part of making a good team great or a bad team good.

8.  If I had to bet on a guy making a bigg(er) impact (than expect) in the future, it would be Sweat. 

8 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Okay, I've watched so little of them this year, you can take these with a grain of salt, but I also still come in here and read some so just to mix it up for you guys (it seems like there are 4 or 5 of you these days).  

1.  Sprinkle is the kind of guy that plays a lot of years, but just for bad teams.  He's the guy that plays for your team for a few years, then you lose track of him, and then some time when you are playing a bad team he shows up on their roster.  And its like oh he plays for them, that makes sense.

2.  I have no idea why Norman was on the roster at the start of the season.  Much less today.

3.  The Haskins OL rant/pep talk was odd, and the OL seemed so disinterested.  It wasn't like they cared at all positively or negatively.

4.  As somebody else pointed out, I think Haskins has some ability (e.g. the 2 point play). I think he could be a good QB, IF he had landed in the right situation.  And this isn't it.  The thing about bad mechanics is the more you play with them, the harder they are to break/correct.  I feel sorry for him, and if I were running the team, I'd be tempted to trade him at the end of the season out of sympathy.

5.  I have no confidence in Guice being healthy going forward long term.  If you can get him through the end of the season healthy and get almost anything for him, I'd trade him.

6.  Scherff was a mistake the day they drafted him.  I've got no problem if they let him walk.

7.  The young WRs look good, not great.  On a good team, I think in the future, they could be okay, but I don't think any of them are going to be part of making a good team great or a bad team good.

8.  If I had to bet on a guy making a bigg(er) impact (than expect) in the future, it would be Sweat. 

Totally in agreement with you, except for...

5: I like what I've seen from Guice so far, although admittedly it is a small sample size. If he can stay healthy for the rest of the season then I think he's a keeper.

7: Mclaurin is performing far better than expected and is already bordering on great IMO. Harmon is looking very good and I think that both will help define our future.

Archived