Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GAMEDAY THREAD: JETS @ REDSKINS

SkinsGuy

4 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I agree with a lot of what you said.  But McLaurin’s catch along the sideline is not a play many wideouts can make.  And it was well contested.  To pretend there was nothing encouraging, is like watching the game with blinders.

That play is more a McLaurin highlight than Haskins highlight. But we already know McLaurin is a baller.

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Did you watch Peyton Mannings rookie year? Troy Aikman? By your logic, the Colts and Cowboys shouldve given up on those QB's.

Nah, by my logic, you 1) are probably using stats to make this argument here, because Manning, though he threw a ton of int's, also showed brilliance in that iirc he also threw a ton of touchdowns that year, and was a very polished player at Tennessee.  Probably not a fair comparison to Haskins (again, irony)

2) Aikmans rookie stats are awful. Too bad stars don't tell the whole story, like how you diagnose plays, how you manipulate the pocket, how you deliver the football, how fundamentally sound you are, etc

I'm 31, I didnt watch either of their rookie seasons. Did you? Did they look as hapless at just about everything as Haskins did? I mean, its absurd to think a rookie is not going to have his ups and downs playing the pro game.

But for a first round talent to basically not be able to move the football? To play like he was never taught the position?

We really gonna act like this is all the teams fault? I mean they're not blameless, but it's not like everyone even had a first round grade on this guy, and the things he's showing now are what they were concerned about.

How is that the fault of the Redskins? I'm curious... Because if teams could just automatically fix players with issues, there would be no busts... Right?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

m 31, I didnt watch either of their rookie seasons. Did you? Did they look as hapless at just about everything as Haskins did? I mean, its absurd to think a rookie is not going to have his ups and downs playing the pro gam

Aikman did.

8 minutes ago, SamoaSkinz said:

Yes, the defense sucks. Norman is a waste of money, Manusky and dline coaches are not on the same page and we need to see where exactly the leak is and fix it. 

I don’t know what more evidence you need that Manusky is clueless, than the fact that he hasn’t benched Norman yet.

WHAT is Callahan thinking?!

He says they’re going to go back and prepare harder.  His methods of preparation are what needs work.  They had TWO weeks to prepare.....

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Aikman looked like a scared 8 year old....he had no protection and no clue where to throw the ball...no timing, nothing. He was a train wreck. 

Yep. I watched every game because of my hatred for Dallas. It was a joy to watch. It got less joyful as he figured it out.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

No one is right either way now. Has he looked meh? Yes. Has he shown signs of improvement? Yes. Would he be a starter if this was his ceiling? No. Does he have a lot of potential? Yes

Theres nothing to be right about because nothing has been proven.

How dare you have a rational, moderate, measured opinion?  This is the internet, bro.  Pick an extreme opinion, never change your mind, and screech it from the rooftops.  Wetting yourself is optional 

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Hey man, you said it, not me :P  

Yes, yes I did say it, you are absolved my son 

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Aikman did.

Hmmm, that's interesting. At any rate, I havent "Given up" on Haskins. But he is bad right now. And that's just facts. I have no idea if he'll become the franchise qb we need him to be. No idea if he'll be serviceable either. I do know he's farther behind than he should be. Hopefully by seasons end he looks better.

I'm not getting my Hope's up though

33 minutes ago, Csup said:

I know there are pro Haskins fans out there - but you come across as relative of Haskins...are you?

Hell no......and dont ask me am I related to Haskins all because I dont agree with people calling him a bust. Ask those people if they know **** about football calling him (OR ANY rookie QB with 2 starts) a bust....

1 hour ago, Csup said:

Do you really think this organization has the capability to turn things around under Snyder/Allen regime?

Absolutely none. I'm just hoping that at least the "Allen" part of that equation won't be around after this season. And yeah, even then ... the possibilities are small. But with Allen, they're nonexistent. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Hmmm, that's interesting. At any rate, I havent "Given up" on Haskins. But he is bad right now. And that's just facts. I have no idea if he'll become the franchise qb we need him to be. No idea if he'll be serviceable either. I do know he's farther behind than he should be. Hopefully by seasons end he looks better.

I'm not getting my Hope's up though

Go look at the game log from Aikman’s rookie year. The poor stats don’t even do it justice.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Go look at the game log from Aikman’s rookie year. The poor stats don’t even do it justice.

Yeah I saw it. **** looked bad lol. I remember the 90's Cowboys but by then he was beating the crap out of people.

I was around 11 when I started watching for real, right in time for the '99 season. That's tg he first season I remember from start to finish

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah I saw it. **** looked bad lol. I remember the 90's Cowboys but by then he was beating the crap out of people.

I was around 11 when I started watching for real, right in time for the '99 season. That's tg he first season I remember from start to finish

He didn’t have a ton to work with so that didn’t help. It also didn’t help that they traded Herschel halfway through the season and got no players back.

but yeah, he looked bad. Even got benched.

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

He didn’t have a ton to work with so that didn’t help. It also didn’t help that they traded Herschel halfway through the season and got no players back.

but yeah, he looked bad. Even got benched.

He did look bad his first year, but he was not benched.  He was injured and missed time, but got his job back the first game he was cleared to play.

26 minutes ago, TommyWilson said:

How dare you have a rational, moderate, measured opinion?  This is the internet, bro.  Pick an extreme opinion, never change your mind, and screech it from the rooftops.  Wetting yourself is optional 

Now you tell me....

Archived