Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What does Doug Williams do exactly?

El Mexican

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Does he, though?

I don't think he thinks he's confused or flustered at all. I think WE think that because we have eyes and brains. But I think he is that delusional. I think what we see as confused or flustered is his way of wondering what planet WE'RE from with such "horrible" questions.

He absolutely does lol...I agree he may not think he does, but he couldn't sell anyone anything or get anyone to believe anything. I don't see "slick" when I see him, or when I listen to him, I should say.

I think he's VP of player personnel, which I assume makes Bruce President of player personnel (although his title says just President. Whatever!!)

Anyway, you have a guy running the college side (Kyle) and another guy running the pro side (Alex Santos). Doug is in charge of those guys. The issue with Doug and probably the reason Bruce is still here (beside the stadium effort) is because Bruce is known for negotiating contracts and understanding agents (since he was one).  Doug doesn't seem to like the camera and is apparently not efficient in contracts and the salary cap. This draft was good. Whether he should be credited for it I'm sure is up for discussion. I honestly think if Doug was more efficient in the money/contract area, he'd be the GM. Right now Dan is paying three guys (Bruce, Doug and Eric Shaffer) to do a job that maybe one guy may be able to do. I haven't done research to see how the successful organization do it. But if you look at the Patriots, there is not a lot of layers. You've got the Owner, the Co-owner (his son), a player development guy that is in charge of all the scouts and Bill, coach/GM (who gets to pick his guys and negotiate the contracts). So obviously it can be done. The Patriots site doesn't go down in the weeds with their entire front office staff (no scouts shown) so I can't see how things are structured. But its apparent that the buck stops with Bill and his Patriot Way. The Steelers VP is also the GM. The Redskins front office looks like congress. Bottom line IMO, the Redskins need a football guy that can push a football culture while being solid with contracts, negotiating and maneuvering the salary cap. Who that could be is the question? I hear people talking about Kyle Smith. But I'm not sure what type of relationships he has with the Drew Rosenhaus' of the world, if he would be a good money guy or a Vinny (??) I will say, the Redskins have improved on the money and contract structure side of things. And based on what's going on in the north star state, maybe that part of things is not so bad. But still Bruce needs to get that stadium and order that UHaul truck as soon as possible.

Until this week Bruce had not spoken to the press in over 4 years and Dan does not speak to the press period.  Doug is there to try and justify all the stupid **** the team does and provide cover to the ****weasels running the show because we all love him too much to be mean to him when he is explaining away why we are 

1. Pimping out cheerleaders to Dan's buddies

2. Trading picks and assets for over the hill veterans

3. Cutting guys with trade value

4. Paying Greg Manusky to coach in the NFL

5. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

6. Leaking trashy TMZ **** about employees we want to fire

And the list goes on (and on)

12 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

I remember when we claimed Reuben Foster last year. The beat reporters claimed that the acquisition was 100% Bruce Allen yet Doug Williams was sent to the podium to explain the controversial move to the press. 

After Jay was first out to the podium.

Jay had to face questions such as "did you talk the domestic abuse victim?" and a slew of other questions not proper to ask a coach about.

So Doug was dispatched out on day 2, and had to apologize for his comments on Day 3. 

23 minutes ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

He's simply a part of Dan the fanboy's "Redskins humans" memorabilia collection.  He's got George Allen's son as his Starbuck's runner. Doug Williams just hangs out. Joe Theismann does preseason games.

Friends

Sometimes Danny has to buy them

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

After Jay was first out to the podium.

Jay had to face questions such as "did you talk the domestic abuse victim?" and a slew of other questions not proper to ask a coach about.

So Doug was dispatched out on day 2, and had to apologize for his comments on Day 3. 

That’s how you do it.  Crisis averted.  Take the focus off the fact that we signed a domestic abuser and shift it to what unbelievable idiots we are.  Well done, Bruce...well done.

Archived