Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

I didn't like him missing the final snap for selfies, but I haven't found anything in the press conference to be up in arms about. The hurting his wrist thing was kind of lame for an explanation for sailing the passes every time he plays, but I do recall him falling on his back and holding his wrist in the game after taking a hit.

6 minutes ago, MariusVT said:

So you'd rather have tannehill, Finley, Fitzpatrick, trubisky and B Allen on this team as the starter?  I'm not saying he's great but he's also hardly the worst starter or behind every starter in the league plus some backups.  Because if you rank that 35,  you're saying you'd rather have guys like flacco, Dalton, Mariota here as well.

Yes to all of them.

The more I see of him on and off the field, on the sidelines, and on social media the less I like. We already have:

1) The Haskins-linemen incident

2) The selfie, causing him to miss a play

3) Peterson allegedly saying he needs to study the playbook more

4) "Fake news" deleted tweet

5) "Don't be a fan later"

The league done messed up? Maybe it was the Redskins...

1 minute ago, Makaveli said:

The more I see of him on and off the field, on the sidelines, and on social media the less I like. We already have:

A kneeldown. The most pointless play in the NFL. Who gives a **** if Keenum had to go in for the final snap? Don’t backups go in for the final snap at times? I’ve certainly seen a few do that from time to time 

and the selfie was because a fan handed his phone to Haskins to take a pic of him and his friend, and Haskins. So pretty much people are whining about him interacting with fans, while he’s hyped up about his first career win at home, causing him to miss a pointless kneeldown. 

Non-issue 

7 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

1) The Haskins-linemen incident

3) Peterson allegedly saying he needs to study the playbook more

4) "Fake news" deleted tweet

5) "Don't be a fan later"

The league done messed up? Maybe it was the Redskins...

Kind of agree with you.  Don’t forget looking totally disinterested on the sideline of a game earlier this year.  

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

A kneeldown. The most pointless play in the NFL. Who gives a **** if Keenum had to go in for the final snap? Don’t backups go in for the final snap at times? I’ve certainly seen a few do that from time to time 

and the selfie was because a fan handed his phone to Haskins to take a pic of him and his friend, and Haskins. So pretty much people are whining about him interacting with fans, while he’s hyped up about his first career win at home, causing him to miss a pointless kneeldown. 

Non-issue 

That is the most inane comment that I have read on this 311 page thread so far.  To not be aware that the game is not over yet is criminal.  And I did listen to Haskins 6 minute press conference after the game - it was cringe-worthy.  His speaking skills are pathetic.  

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Non-issue 

This is such a disingenuous post. Come on. We all want him to succeed but are you guys really going to blindly defend things you know are bad looks ?? Seriously? 

He doesn’t need to be publicly shamed for it but it was a bad look. He’s the starting QB. This is one of the more bizarre things to happen at the end of a game in while tho. I don’t understand how folks can think the media is wrong for questioning it.

I guarantee we’d all be in here on a joke time had Dak/Wentz/Jones did the same thing. 

again, he shouldn’t be killed for it but i promise you it’s ok to be honest with yourself and admit it was a bad look that he needlessly brought on himself. 

6 minutes ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

That is the most inane comment that I have read on this 311 page thread so far.  To not be aware that the game is not over yet is criminal.  And I did listen to Haskins 6 minute press conference after the game - it was cringe-worthy.  His speaking skills are pathetic.  

He had a lot of adrenaline I’m guessing, and understandably so, given he just got his FIRST career win, AT HOME.  I can forgive him for getting excited and not knowing there were 8 measly seconds left. So Keenum had to go in, why is that even an issue? Like I said, I’ve seen backups take the final snap to end games. Non-issue. 

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

This is such a disingenuous post. Come on. We all want him to succeed but are you guys really going to blindly defend things you know are bad looks ?? Seriously? 

He doesn’t need to be publicly shamed for it but it was a bad look. He’s the starting QB. This is one of the more bizarre things to happen at the end of a game in while tho. I don’t understand how folks can think the media is wrong for questioning it.

I guarantee we’d all be in here on a joke time had Dak/Wentz/Jones did the same thing. 

again, he shouldn’t be killed for it but i promise you it’s ok to be honest with yourself and admit it was a bad look that he needless brought on himself. 

It was not a “bad look”, it was him simply being hyped about his first career win, understandably so. Plenty of things to criticize him for. This, however, is not one of them. Had this same thing happened to jones/Wentz/Prescott, in their rookie seasons, I would have no problem with it just like i have no problem with Haskins either. It was a KNEEL-DOWN. Who the **** cares which QB goes in to kneel down to end the game? 

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

again, he shouldn’t be killed for it but i promise you it’s ok to be honest with yourself and admit it was a bad look that he needless brought on himself. 

Of course it’s an issue.  And the coach - who made it a point to say its unacceptable - will talk to Haskins about it.

it was a very, well, Redskins thing to do.  

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He had a lot of adrenaline I’m guessing, and understandably so, given he just got his FIRST career win, AT HOME.  I can forgive him for getting excited and not knowing there were 8 measly seconds left. So Keenum had to go in, why is that even an issue? Like I said, I’ve seen backups take the final snap to end games. Non-issue. 

It was not a “bad look”, it was him simply being hyped about his first career win, understandably so. Plenty of things to criticize him for. This, however, is not one of them. 

Sure seems like QBs get their first career wins pretty regularly in the NFL. It’s kinda odd that no one has ever done that before. 

They must not care as much as he does I guess. 

That's EXACTLY what it was.  Dude was amped.  It should be a non-issue. 

That being said, it was not a great game from him, but there were some things that I liked on that last drive.  That's something that I hope he can build off of going forward. 

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Sure seems like QBs get their first career wins pretty regularly in the NFL. It’s kinda odd that no one has ever done that before. 

They must not care as much as he does I guess. 

They obviously care too, not everyone handles their happiness the same way 😂😂😂 Haskins was excited after Dunbar’s game winning INT, which got him his first career win. I dont Blame him for not thinking there were 8 seconds left 🤷🏻‍♂️ Plus, at least on FOX, the clock showed 0:00. Not sure what it said on the stadium game clock. 

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Non-issue 

Super surprised by your post.  Seems Joe Theismann has weighed in on this, and frankly, similar to some of us whiney fans he found it unprofessional.   I found it concerning.  There is something off with this guy seriously. 

17 minutes ago, Csup said:

Kind of agree with you.  Don’t forget looking totally disinterested on the sideline of a game earlier this year.  

I considered that. But I actually give him a pass on that. From what I remember that was a single picture, which can be misleading at times. I would have to see how that entire interaction went.

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It was not a “bad look”, it was him simply being hyped about his first career win, understandably so. Plenty of things to criticize him for. This, however, is not one of them. Had this same thing happened to jones/Wentz/Prescott, in their rookie seasons, I would have no problem with it just like i have no problem with Haskins either. It was a KNEEL-DOWN. Who the **** cares which QB goes in to kneel down to end the game? 

Useless hypothetical, you never have to worry about another rookie QB doing that, because in the history of rookie QBs, not a single one has missed the end of a game because they were celebrating.  It literally has never happened.  And a lot of rookies have been excited about winning their first game.  

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Daniel Jones won his first game in TB. But there were 60% Giants fans there. For some reason, he managed to stay on the field

So did Sam Darnold last year

and Baker Mayfield

and Kyler Murray 

hell, I think Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf managed to stay on the field lol 

All of this over missing a kneel-down.  LOL. 

106.7 gonna be on fire tomorrow. 

They obviously care too, not everyone handles their happiness the same way 😂😂😂 Haskins was excited after Dunbar’s game winning INT, which got him his first career win. I dont Blame him for not thinking there were 8 seconds left 🤷🏻‍♂️ Plus, at least on FOX, the clock showed 0:00. Not sure what it said on the stadium game clock. 

Everybody else in the building knew there was time on the clock.  

1 minute ago, skinsmania123 said:

Super surprised by your post.  Seems Joe Theismann has weighed in on this, and frankly, similar to some of us whiney fans he found it unprofessional.   I found it concerning.  There is something off with this guy seriously. 

So being happy is unprofessional? It’s a KNEEL-DOWN, come the **** on. I saw the replies on theissmans tweet, most of the replies were of the same opinion as mine, that it’s a non issue 

I'm in a weird state of mind.  I'm happy Haskins got his first win.  It may build confidence.  But his play was disappointing against a bottom 5 defense.  13 for 29 with a pick is not good.  He made the wrong reads at times, and his accuracy was just awful.  We would have lost this game if it wasn't for the kickoff return.  Also, his maturity issues are starting to bother me.  I know he is 22, and I shouldn't judge because I did some dumb things at that age as well.  He needs to spend more time around Alex Smith.

1 minute ago, RonArtest15 said:

All of this over missing a kneel-down.  LOL. 

106.7 gonna be on fire tomorrow. 

Well i was replying to a silly post with a silly exaggerated response. Again, it’s stunning the mental gymnastics you guys want to do to deflect against even minor criticism. 

The real issue is that the guy is flat out bad right now. He missed 3 TD passes today. That’s the concern. 

Archived