Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

10 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Y’all are ****ing weak sauce. Not a single one if you were here happy about alex at any point prior to his leg injury. I swear half this fan base is so fragile. It’s ridiculous. 

*raises hand* I was happy about Alex's 6-3 record. Are you happy about Dwayne's 3-9 record?

28 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

At this point, hoping for Dwayne Haskins to deliver a playoff appearance for Dirty Dan Snyder has really ruined the appeal of a successful season. Damn them both. 

Sure they’re both horrible, but that won’t stop me from wanting a playoff season from this team just because two guys are awful. 

If that makes me a “bad fan”, whatever. Sorry i like my team making the playoffs 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Yea. We all saw that. But apparently the family member never came to the hotel. Nevertheless, we get it. The young man can't get right. But again, there are players in this league that get away with **** all the time. You know why? Because they ball out on the football field. **** just stays quiet. Publicist and fixers work harder for those guys. DH just needs to get his game right. I'm not saying continue to do stupid **** from a public perception standpoint. And definitely don't do anything illegal. But improve your game DH, and you improve the public perception of yourself. Scorned people will be scorned. They'll always resort to the negative **** a person does in life. But if you play well and win games, reporters start treating you like they treat Ben Roethlisberger or dare I even say, our own ST. I am not saying you'll ever get to that level of play. But you'll need to in order to quiet the crowd per se. This is simply how it works for public figures. 

Don't play the moral equivalency game. It'll keep you from going insane. Rothlesberger (sp?) should be in a jail, but comparing him to Haskins won't get anyone anywhere. It's like kids. I can't compare my kids to what other kids do, I can only do as they require and what I think is best.

This was a case where Haskins knew there could have been an issue and still didn't seem to care. This goes deeper than just immaturity and it's not often than someone can be this much of a knucklehead and get right on the field. The former will prevent the latter.

13 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Y’all are ****ing weak sauce. Not a single one if you were here happy about alex at any point prior to his leg injury. I swear half this fan base is so fragile. It’s ridiculous. 

I was. I was ecstatic about having a 6-3 record and 1st in the division. Sure, it wasn’t pretty, he was getting the job done, which Keenum/colt/Dwayne didn’t do. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Too bad I am not rooting for the high pick late this season like I did last year.  If I were, Haskins starting with no Terry would hit the spot for me. 😧

I'm not convinced that TMC will not play.

He's been rated officially as "Questionable" several times this year, and still played the whole game

45 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

This quite honestly is disappointing but not surprising. He may just need more time than is available this season for his calf to heal before he can effectively play.

His calf muscle’s integrity has been compromised by his injury and subsequent leg reconstruction and by the increased demands put on it by the brace he wears.

Here’s a video from a doctor that accurately predicted he wouldn’t be able to play last week which explains the near symbiotic interplay between Alex’s calf, his leg reconstruction and the brace which miraculously allows him to play football (warning there are some blurred but graphic images)...

Here’s a video from a doctor that predicted he wouldn’t play last week that explains how his calf muscle is essential to the functionality of the special brace he wears. ..

Am too lazy to watch it, did he say he could play if they make the playoffs?

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm not convinced that TMC will not play.

He's been rated officially as "Questionable" several times this year, and still played the whole game

Probably so.  I think Gibson is key though. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure I agree with FInlay saying he doesn't look fluid.

He could be reading too much into something that isn't relevant.

Maybe for example, Smith is intentionally going light on his fight, purely out of precaution.

I mean it's not a game, and it's not even a practice play ; it's a drill ! Why risk re-injury on a freakin drill !

And Smith, of all people, with all his experience, is one of the last people who needs to go all-out on a fundamental drill, whether he's hurt or not.

6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

*raises hand* I was happy about Alex's 6-3 record. Are you happy about Dwayne's 3-9 record?

No, though I was actively rooting for losses last year to secure Chase Young. Every post here wishing for a loss when we have a shot at the division is weak sauce. 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I was. I was ecstatic about having a 6-3 record and 1st in the division. Sure, it wasn’t pretty, he was getting the job done, which Keenum/colt/Dwayne didn’t do. 

See I doubt this because I was one of the few happy with the trade, and I was in the minority then defending it. And I’ve never cared for his game. It was still a decent trade. 

2 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

You nailed it bro! lol 😂

I’m turning my living room into a diy home theater with a seriously bad ass 7.2.2 sound system. Spending money I can’t afford but I’m a widower with responsibilies only to myself. Plus I’m not getting any younger and I always wanted to have one when I was working so now that I’m retired and have the time why not?

As for the goldbelly ads— I bought something called a “brown bag apple-peach pie” from them for Thanskgiving that was almost as good as my wife used to make. Their ads have been a fixture on any website I go too ever since.

Sorry for your loss bro. 

I’m a home theater guy too. I have 200 inch 4K projector screen setup with a 7.2.4  in the living room. I just got an 86 inch lg tv for the bedroom with hdmi 2.1 for 120hz gaming on Xbox series x. Setting it up this coming week. I went with a atmos sound bar in there with a couple of wireless rears. 

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

See I doubt this because I was one of the few happy with the trade, and I was in the minority then defending it. And I’ve never cared for his game. It was still a decent trade. 

You......doubt that i was ecstatic about 1st place at 6-3? LOL. Why the **** wouldn’t i? Go ahead, give me one reason why the **** I (one of the hugest fans) wouldn’t be happy about 6-3 and 1st place. 

i have alllll day. I’ll wait for your answer :) 

23 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Yup! This board was littered with posts criticizing Alex’s play in 2018 and how it was all the defense and running game and that if we had Kirk we’d be going places. People were in disbelief when you suggested his intangibles and management of the game were huge factors in a winning record. Now, we’re screwed without him lol. Can’t make this stuff up.

24 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Don't play the moral equivalency game. It'll keep you from going insane. Rothlesberger (sp?) should be in a jail, but comparing him to Haskins won't get anyone anywhere. It's like kids. I can't compare my kids to what other kids do, I can only do as they require and what I think is best.

This was a case where Haskins knew there could have been an issue and still didn't seem to care. This goes deeper than just immaturity and it's not often than someone can be this much of a knucklehead and get right on the field. The former will prevent the latter.

Moral equivalency game is not played here. You missed the point. But sometime attempting to make a point to someone that is set in their ways of thinking is futile. Carry on....agree to disagree.

2 minutes ago, SweatSuit said:

Yup! This board was littered with posts criticizing Alex’s play in 2018 and how it was all the defense and running game and that if we had Kirk we’d be going places. People were in disbelief when you suggested his intangibles and management of the game were huge factors in a winning record. Now, we’re screwed without him lol. Can’t make this stuff up.

Alex is not going to get you a SB win. Playoff yes. So back in 2018 that was still the same. Today Alex > Haskins. 

You don't need to make stuff up. We need a franchise QB. Don't think anyone here was saying Alex was our answer to the QB position then or now. We all knew Alex had to go. But that buffoon of a GM we had gave him a pretty big contract so we are stuck with him. Bruce should have drafted a QB that year instead of getting Alex. 

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

Alex is not going to get you a SB win. Playoff yes. So back in 2018 that was still the same. Today Alex > Haskins. 

You don't need to make stuff up. We need a franchise QB. Don't think anyone here was saying Alex was our answer to the QB position then or now. We all knew Alex had to go. But that buffoon of a GM we had gave him a pretty big contract so we are stuck with him. Bruce should have drafted a QB that year instead of getting Alex. 

Absolutely Alex>Haskins. Not even close. One is a 15 year vet though and one is a 12 game vet.

And we still need a franchise QB, agreed. The point is that it’s funny the board flipped from ripping Alex a new one to propping him up as our only real chance at playoffs and we’re screwed without him. We were well on our way to the playoffs in 2018 before the injury but he was put down in every which way and you were scoffed at if you ever suggested he was part of the reason we were actually winning games.

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

Today Alex>Haskins. Yes. But He still ain’t winning you anything in the playoffs then or now. It’s why I’ve clamored for developing Dwayne because at least it’s a question mark. 

I think the plan has been fine up until the moment we benched Haskins in week 4. Should have rode him til the bye and decided his fate right then and there. 

4 minutes ago, SweatSuit said:

Absolutely Alex>Haskins. Not even close. One is a 15 year vet though and one is a 12 game vet.

And we still need a franchise QB, agreed. The point is that it’s funny the board flipped from ripping Alex a new one to propping him up as our only real chance at playoffs and we’re screwed without him. We were well on our way to the playoffs in 2018 before the injury but he was put down in every which way and you were scoffed at if you ever suggested he was part of the reason we were actually winning games.

Well let’s see one QB is playing for us with all heart after having leg nearly chopped off.  The other can’t studying a damn playbook.  I wonder which one gives me a better chance to win and get the players to play for them?  

7 minutes ago, SweatSuit said:

My guess is that seeing what Sanchez/colt/Johnson did to end 2018, and then what keenum/colt/Haskins did in 2019 made people realize “ya know what? Maybe smith WAS part of the reason we were winning games....”

it’s not a bad thing for people to realize that finally 

16 minutes ago, SweatSuit said:

Thank You! It’s like I’m taking crazy pills here. 

Just now, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Well let’s see one QB is playing for us with all heart after having leg nearly chipped off.  The other can’t studying a damn playbook.  I wonder which one gives me a better chance to win?  

I get it, and I’m not disagreeing. The overall gist of what I’m saying is that people are beginning to catch on Alex is a big part of a winning team. He just wins games and that’s why we all want him out there over Haskins. In 2018 no one thought anything good about Alex Smith and that we was riding the coattails of our D and run game. I thought then as I do now that he was a big part of our success. 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

My guess is that seeing what Sanchez/colt/Johnson did to end 2018, and then what keenum/colt/Haskins did in 2019 made people realize “ya know what? Maybe smith WAS part of the reason we were winning games....”

And that’s fair. I get that maybe the perspective changed over time and with more of a sample size. It just seemed pretty clear from the get go and from his time in KC the guy could win games. SB? Perhaps not but never say never. Smith went toe to toe with Drew Brees one year in the playoffs as a 49er and once you get into the dance anything can happen.

Archived