Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

34 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Yea but its direct evidence Murray can play regardless of what's around him.

Can't say the same for Haskins or at least there's far less evidence.

I agree with you. Back to the original point that I stated, just wondering why Kyler + Tua aren't getting knocked for the same thing in regards to the talent surrounding them and their overall success. The other criticisms of Haskins are legitimate. The talent argument just doesn't hold up much at least for me. In my opinion. Everyone needs Talent, pretty much everyone in every team sport struggles with winning percentage when they don't have talent around them. That's all I'm saying. And to be clear I have concerns about Haskins

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

^

Jordan Fuller in that video has to be related to the NFL's 3 Fuller brothers.

Not just the name, but he looks a lot like them, especially Kendall. And he's a DB.

This is another one of Jordan Fuller.

No relation to the Fuller brothers.

Does the YPA or depth of receiver account for the where the wr is located?  A receiver 10 yards deep in the middle of the field is about a 15 yards in the air pass, but a wr running an out on the far sideline is more like a 25 yard pass.  It seems this should be accounted for when determining wr depth.

Why Jay will enjoy DH — and why Reed May be able to stay healthy, back the safeties up.

Protect the kid.

Here is where you see a distinction with Kyler:

Here are concerns I mentioned over the last 4 months

Here is a human that wants Haskins to have a pro bowl left guard

Here is why I think Luck will enjoy Parris.

Here is why you should never watch ESPN

Here is a majestic puffin.

F4BD4CAC-646D-4319-BBFB-8D25D6330E8D.jpeg

How's his cadence, and play action fakes? It seems like those 2 traits alone are good for a few positive plays every game.

We never seem to be that team with the QB that can get the DL to flinch via his HUT HUT LOS antics.

The old call yellow 30 never got anyone to jump.

4 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

How's his cadence, and play action fakes? It seems like those 2 traits alone are good for a few positive plays every game.

We never seen to be that team with the QB that can get the DL to flinch via his HUT HUT antics.

Griffin was surprisingly good at this! 

5 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Looks like he shortened up his release more than usual feeling the pressure behind him, that’s a ridiculously compact motion to result in that kind of throw to the outside. Impressive. 

I thought he was sacked for real

4 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

We never seen to be that team with the QB that can get the DL to flinch via his HUT HUT LOS antics.

The old call yellow 30 never got anyone to jump.

Alex was actually really good at that. I think he got Preston Smith for 2 or 3 offsides/encroachments when we played the Chiefs a couple years back.   We got a few last year when he was playing too.  We just haven’t had a QB that knew how to take advantage of it and get a free play out of it like Rodgers consistently does. 

21 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Looks like he shortened up his release more than usual feeling the pressure behind him, that’s a ridiculously compact motion to result in that kind of throw to the outside. Impressive. 

Nice catch 😉

I think a QBs feel for when to creep forward in the pocket, is a very underrated trait.  Feeling pressure. Here is my take. QBs shouldn't wait to feel pressure, they should always have their clock going after seeing a DE flying by and inch forward as he readies to throw.

It's maddening as a fan seeing Kerrigan and others get close and QBs just slide forward to escape time and time again. Some QBs are clearly better at it than others.  Ben is the one of the best, who goes as far to basically just hold his collapsing OL in place, and throw while completely surrounded by linemen.

4 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

In the clips shown above and the OTA videos I'm not seeing this long slow release as advertised. Has this been overstated due to player comparisons or am I completely missing it?

He had the quickest release in the draft I believe.

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Nice catch 😉

I think a QBs feel for when to creep forward in the pocket, is a very underrated trait.  Feeling pressure. He is my take. QBs shouldn't wait to feel pressure, they should always have their clock going after seeing a DE flying by and inch forward as he readies to throw.

It's maddening as a fan seeing Kerrigan and others get close and QBs just slide forward to escape time and time again. Some QBs are clearly better at it, than others.  Ben is the one of the best, who goes as far to basically just hold his collapsing OL in place, and throw while completely surrounded by linemen.

Agree completely. He’s very natural moving up/sliding/climbing & dipping his shoulder from edge rushers, it’s easy to see he’s dedicated a ton of time to that.

Thank you. Where is the slow release coming from?

Regardless release, arm strength look very good to me. I understand the foot work concerns but that's why he's a prospect not a finished product.

Seems to me we lucked out he doesn't have more experience because if he did would he have fallen to 15?

I did like the clips showing him diagnosing/calling protections. Very cool.

@volsmet I thought you weren't big on Haskins until the last couple of days or was it you liked him but just thought Rosen is better or had better value in the 3rd?

8 minutes ago, volsmet said:

He had the quickest release in the draft I believe.

Agree completely. He’s very natural moving up/sliding/climbing & dipping his shoulder from edge rushers, it’s easy to see he’s dedicated a ton of time to that.

Those can be and often are subtle huge difference makers.  The lame duck QB with tunnel vision will always run risk of far more strip fumbles, sacks, and getting hit while throwing = INTs.  Turnovers often decide games, and a QB moving away from a OLBs paw avoiding a fumble is a great play that doesn't get enough credit.

Conversely, a lack of pocket awareness is enough to keep an otherwise good QB out of the big dance. The defenses crank up in the playoffs, and those QBs wilt.

He was the best most accurate natural passer in the draft. He could be really good. He just needs to work, work, work, on everything. Best part is he knows how to work. It won’t be from lack of work and effort if he doesn’t succeed. When you set your sights on something, a goal, at 9-11 yrs old and you achieve what you set out to do and shine spectacularly doing it, obviously anything’s possible for the kid.

8 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

@volsmet I thought you weren't big on Haskins until the last couple of days or was it you liked him but just thought Rosen is better or had better value in the 3rd?

I think missing on Rosen was a big mistake, so that likely let more frustration into my posts than I intended, but sometimes criticisms just come off as if they’re personal when I’m just breaking down the reality of what’s on his tape. There is plenty of good — like you eluded to above, I speculated, in the draft thread, that he could have left with an Andrew Luck type of grade if he returned for another year, he’s got the ability to threaten every level of the field, he’s comfortable climbing the pocket, his release is incredibly quick, and I think he had the strongest arm in the draft other than Tyree Jackson. 

The concerns I had haven’t changed, everything I have pointed out, both positive and negative, are backed up by someone’s analytics... the depth of the analytics has become overwhelming, in a good way, but it’s all easy to see if you watch him play. He is very awkward at times, then he’s picture perfect other times, you just don’t see those awkward moments from many high level QBs, and that’s because most of them are better pure athletes than DH, even Big Ben was incredibly gifted moving at MoO; Haskins will need more from his protection than most, he will depend on coaches & blocking more than most guys, but he can put the ball in places most can’t & he evaluates the field more quickly & naturally than most 5th year seniors which is almost unbelievable. His feel for edge pressure & the way he processes the field makes me bullish on the Bullis prospect, but a lot of what he does will be on Jay & even more will be on the interior of our line. 

Rosen is a guy I’ve watched handle the least hospitable environment in the nfl, and he’s younger than DH ... I wish we had left the draft with Sweat, Josh & next years #2.... but just as there are reasons DH fell to 15, there are reasons no one offered a #1 for Rosen & reasons we didn’t part with a #2 for him. I also liked the fact that, along with keeping our 2nd, if Rosen wasn’t any good, we would be free to get back in to a very deep 2020 draft class ... if Rosen was that bad, we are probably picking top 5 and we can nab a stud & move on more quickly. Haskins has at least 3 years & he’s been the most well protected QB in the country & had the most yards after the catch ... two things he loses immediately. He has played such a limited amount... it makes him riskier & more intriguing ... he hasn’t begun to put it all together, it’s not possible in under 30 starts... the processing of the field is where he’s different than the rest, I hope we can protect him well enough to allow him to find comfort in scanning his reads... the speed difference in the NFL is absolutely insane, if he gets hit early, it’s going to be very tough for him to prove anything. 

It’s really hard to believe his 15th - 20th, post high school starts, will be against Dallas, Philly, Chicago ... that’s nuts. Not to mention, his roster has 1/8th of its cap on the IR, that’s tough ... it’s an under appreciated factor we can’t overlook in his first season, he’s got 7/8th of the roster everyone else has & he’s accustomed to having a far superior roster. 

I love the Skins, not my opinions, I hope Rosen is garbage & that DH is ROY ... in step one of his path to the HOF.

httr

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

^

Jordan Fuller in that video has to be related to the NFL's 3 Fuller brothers.

Not just the name, but he looks a lot like them, especially Kendall. And he's a DB.

This is another one of Jordan Fuller.

MG_9461_vnzbma.jpg

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this video..I haven’t looked into it yet to see if he is-it would just strike me as strange that he wouldn’t be playing at Va.Tech??

DWAYNE HASKINSWASHINGTON REDSKINS

The most intriguing part about Haskins’ game at this point might be the unknown. The highest single-season passing grade of every quarterback drafted in the first round since PFF started grading college players is listed below:

First_Round_Qbs.png

Only Sam DarnoldJosh Allen and Baker Mayfield didn’t earn their highest passing grade in their last season of college football (although Mayfield earned a 94.5 and we don’t have 2013 data for Winston or Mariota). Mitchell Trubiskyis also the only other quarterback besides Haskins to not throw 100-plus passes in multiple seasons. That means it’s very likely we would have seen even more impressive grading from Haskins had he not declared after his first full season as a starter after his redshirt sophomore season. Every first-round quarterback that’s hit the 87.0-plus grading mark has a pretty solid track record once they’ve gotten to the NFL.

Franchise QB Chances: Moderate (needs more seasoning)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-how-excited-should-you-be-about-your-new-qb

Archived