Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So about this Chicago Game?

Veretax

I just now read that not only is this game at Home at FexEx, but its also on Monday Night.

ACcording to the Washington Post Monday Night Is the Saddest night at least going back to 1998.

I had thought that it was just Jay Gruden who was bad on Monday Night, but then I saw that we are 1 and 15? in the last 16 attempts?  1 and 16 if you go back to 1998?

I knew I felt miserable after losing to the cowpokes at home the way we did, but someone please, tell me, is there anything at all on this team, this week, that I can be optimistic about? 

Theres a few things this team does well. Or adequate. Or just only kinda awful really, but monday night football at home is not one of them. 

Grudens week 1 team can always smoke the Monday at fed ex team. 

Losing at home at night is as guaranteed as us running the ball slowly on first down.

If you need something to be optimistic about, at least the entire leagues complete fan base will know how bad this franchise is and we wont have to explain it to fans of semi competitive franchises any more.

2 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

tickets are selling for like $25 on the secondary market.  Ugh I can't even give mine away....

Club seats can be had for under $50 on Stubhub, and that includes fees. And we're still talking four days before the game. 

I might consider going but don't want to pay for a parking pass. If I took Metro, wouldn't I have to leave the game pretty early to catch a train?

53 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

2-16 on MNF in the history of the stadium . That is mind-boggling. And most of the games the Skins have been blown out. 

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Pretty sure it’s 1-16. Not 2-16. Slow down we’re not THAT good :P 

Either way, this is absolutely PATHETIC!!! 

You would think with home field advantage, even with a team as terrible as ours has been, the record would hover close to 500.

1 hour ago, Veretax said:

I knew I felt miserable after losing to the cowpokes at home the way we did, but someone please, tell me, is there anything at all on this team, this week, that I can be optimistic about? 

Absolutely nothing. 

The team is a soulless, gutless, classless, barren wasteland of ineptitude. Any individual on the team who does NOT fall under that category - and there are a few - is still, inevitably, swallowed up by it. 

Sorry. 

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

2-16 on MNF in the history of the stadium . That is mind-boggling. And most of the games the Skins have been blown out. 

The only reason we hang in vs anyone is because nobody gets up for us... put us on a MNF & you eliminate our lone advantage. 

10 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

It's actually 2-16 at FedEx...the 1-16 stat starts in 1998 for some weird reason. FedEx was open for bidniz in 1997. Bad either way, but that's why the other guy said 2-16.

2-16? Only one i can think of was.....redskins vs giants 2012. What was the other win?

from a list of MNF history in the NFL 1990’s to present, only other one i can see that we won was against the jets 16-13 in 2003. Except that was a Thursday night, so i dont think that would count as MNF....would it?

21 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

Home field advantage, that's a good one. 😂

:lol: 

But our fans apthatic approach is fairly new.   But it wasn't ALWAYS like this.  The sell out streak just ended last year.  For YEARS we had the highest attendance in the league.  So yeah, now our stadium is basically a host destination for opposing fans.  But this is, for the most part (vs Pittsburgh 2008 MNF aside), a new development.

1 hour ago, Howie411 said:

tickets are selling for like $25 on the secondary market.  Ugh I can't even give mine away....

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Club seats can be had for under $50 on Stubhub, and that includes fees. And we're still talking four days before the game. 

I might consider going but don't want to pay for a parking pass. If I took Metro, wouldn't I have to leave the game pretty early to catch a train?

If tickets are the cheap and Snyder really is "Just a fan who wants to win", why doesn't he just buy the remaining tickets so we don't get taken over again.

I posted in the prediction thread that I was leaning toward picking the Skins until I realized it was a Monday night game. 

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

2-16? Only one i can think of was.....redskins vs giants 2012. What was the other win?

from a list of MNF history in the NFL 1990’s to present, only other one i can see that we won was against the jets 16-13 in 2003. Except that was a Thursday night, so i dont think that would count as MNF....would it?

Was the "Brunell to Moss" game against the Cowboys a Monday night game? (Maybe Sunday night? Not sure.)

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It was against Dallas...21-16 win at home.

It truly is a sad state when the fans in the area won't go with a free ticket, sadly defines this team right now.

I live in Philly and was contemplating taking a half day monday/half day tuesday and going because it's so cheap, and being solo!  But this just is an example of the frustration from the fans.

Archived