Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Cow****es at Redskins

TK

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Just wow. ANOTHER 40 yard TD. 4 in the QUARTER I think. It is just outrageous.

Edit: Mahomes has 300 yards and 4 Td's IN THE SECOND QUARTER. lol.

It's incredible. I thought they were showing a replay of one of his earlier TD's when he threw the last one lol. 

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Just wow. ANOTHER 40 yard TD. 4 in the QUARTER I think. It is just outrageous.

Edit: Mahomes has 300 yards and 4 Td's IN THE SECOND QUARTER. lol.

Jay, watch this I'll start strong and then go into the most pathetic shell of a soft defense the world has ever seen.

Jon, hold my beer!

Must be some sort of a twisted sibling rivalry going on here.

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

As long as fans show up at the stadium and purchase merchandise nothing will change imo

False, the stadium will be half or completely full of the other opposing teams fans.  That's only gotten worse since last year, we don't really have home games anymore.

Both games would’ve benefited from a few 13 play 8 minute drives by Alex Smith ;) 

Keenums been aight and has good value at $3.5 mil this year. Really thought he was much craftier in the pocket and one who will scramble for a first down or two a game. He shrinks in the pocket and has failed to create himself passing lanes in moments of chaos. A must for a QB his size. 

With that said, the run game and defense were not great. An elite or running threat QB is the most critical component in today’s NFL though. 

Haskins!!!!

18 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

At this point, I want Gruden gone. mainly because I don't want him to leave any kind of mark on out new franchise QB. Bring a new guy in and let him groom the rookie. I've seen enough of Gruden.

This is my main concern as well. I would really rather Haskins not spend any serious amount of time with Gruden. 

3 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

This team is completely in disarray.  I don't see anything working like it should.

Are they trying to set a season record for offensive holding calls?

Gruden thinks we shouldn't panic. Gotta check the tape to see all this

6 minutes ago, #BgMase76# said:

Watching the game you're just floored by the miss tackles, bad schemes, and utter lack of discipline and technique.  Everyone looks out of place and clueless. 

I noticed that too.

I gave up counting how many times a player tried shoulder-tackling Elliott when he was just starting to kick it in gear.

One thing that bugs me is the line; they're ok in pass blocking, even with Dallas blitzing and the bull rushing they were doing; they do have some speed.

But run blocking is a whole other ballgame. Yes, the Pukes have good LBers but the only decent gains AP made were when he kicked it outside, and even those were few and far between.  With refs 6 feet behind them, the line is grabbing onto shirts and hanging on for a long time, enough where the refs HAVE to throw a flag because its so obvious. Those were killing drives a lot. They just don't have the strength nor coordination to work together as a unit, its like everyone for themselves.

All of you that want Gruden gone, who do you think is going to replace him without front office stability? You think any coach worth a darn wants to be here until that gets sorted out? He is literally the best we are going to get for now and he is good enough. We need a new DC that's actually any good and we go from mediocre to competitive with the talent we have. 

6 minutes ago, LaxBuddy21 said:

All of you that want Gruden gone, who do you think is going to replace him without front office stability? You think any coach worth a darn wants to be here until that gets sorted out? He is literally the best we are going to get for now and he is good enough. We need a new DC that's actually any good and we go from mediocre to competitive with the talent we have. 

Nobody who wants Gruden gone wants the FO to stay as it is. We want a real GM hiring the next HC. Suggesting anything else is just a strawman that's easy to beat up in order to defend something no one is arguing for. 

Gruden is not the best we can get, he is not good enough. He has gotten multiple chances at DC's...three in fact. He's trash. 

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

This is scary because to me he was the most exciting player we drafted this year and nobody wants to address his play.  I think it's shocking how inept he looks.  I know he's young and needs time to develop but he's not a tenacious or instinctive player, that's not taught its innate.  Also, his ability to use his hands to get off blocks is nonexistent.

Is it coaching or did Allen miss badly again. Are they asking him to play a style that doesn’t utilize his strengths?  All I know is that defensive high draft picks and FAs

come to this team and are mediocre at best.  Collins is looking pretty bad, Allen and Payne have been “ok”, Norman has been mediocre.  Many guys have not taken the next step like Kerrigan, Ioannidis, Payne, and Allen.  

Perhaps a combination of both.  Guys who could be pieces in a really good defense when well coached but aren’t good enough to dominate on raw ability.  

13 minutes ago, LaxBuddy21 said:

I actually don’t think Gruden has been that bad on the offensive side of the ball give the garbage he’s had to work with.  However his choices of Barry and Manusky, proven losers, as DC’s I think should be his downfall.  If it was to “protect himself”, well for shame.  

3 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

How can Snyder continue to be satisfied with this dumpster fire of an organization?  Doesn't he realize that the Redskins organization is the laughingstock of the NFL.  Even the Browns are showing some capacity for getting better.

This astounds me, to be honest.

It's incredible, but the guy is making money hand over fist either way.

However, he does need to waste most of his Sundays actually watching it all go to **** every week during the season, and that's our best hope for him to get pissed and fire Bruce Allen---for it to get so bad and embarrassing this season that even he can't ignore it. It's what's worked in the past. 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

It's incredible, but the guy is making money hand over fist either way.

However, he does need to waste most of his Sundays actually watching it all go to **** every week during the season, and that's our best hope for him to get pissed and fire Bruce Allen---for it to get so bad and embarrassing this season that even he can't ignore it. It's what's worked in the past. 

I mean, damn, the guy said that he's a football and Redskins fan.  How can he sit by and watch this epic **** week after week, season after season and do,  literally, nothing?

15 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

I mean, damn, the guy said that he's a football and Redskins fan.  How can he sit by and watch this epic **** week after week, season after season and do,  literally, nothing?

I know. I know. It's the big question

42 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Nobody who wants Gruden gone wants the FO to stay as it is. We want a real GM hiring the next HC. Suggesting anything else is just a strawman that's easy to beat up in order to defend something no one is arguing for. 

Gruden is not the best we can get, he is not good enough. He has gotten multiple chances at DC's...three in fact. He's trash. 

It's not just about getting the front office gone. You need to replace it and then show it's stable before any respected coach will come near this organization. So yes, I definitely think he is the best we can do right now until that happens. Otherwise, be ready for Zorn 2.0. 

29 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Allen is just the symptom of the problem here.  The real disease is Snyder's ego.  He would rather be the big fish in a small polluted pond than a small one in a big ocean swimming in a nice choreographed school of fishes.

He showed glimpses of change when he hired McCullough, even though he didn't work out and Dan was right to sack him.  What I fear is Snyder tried it the right way, once, and because it failed he won't try it again because he thinks it will be a repeat of Scott.

Archived