Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Great weekend for the Caps, and don't forget they made it to SO against a really good Stars team on Thursday. 

We're not going anywhere this season, but still nice to know they can be competitive on any night when they put in a solid effort.

Strome continues to impress. Guy was the 3rd pick in the draft not too long ago. Can't believe 2 other teams gave up on him so easily.  GMBM has made some really dumb moves over the past few years, but good on him for this pickup.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, TradeTheBeal! said:

Cap One and Gallery is tired.  A change of scenery couldn’t hurt.

He should pay for it with all his money connections. Ted is just a typical owner that only cares about money at the end of the day. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Ted can **** all the way off. Clown turned out to be such a disappointment after taking ownership of these franchises.

I mean, we did win a Cup, so there’s that.  

But given we were basically handed a top three goal scorer of all time (you can argue about if he’s 1,2 or 3) it’s hard to say we didn’t severely underperform compared to e.g., the Penguins.  We only had a single trip even out of even the second round for his entire career (which technically isn’t done, but I’d be shocked if we have another run at this point)

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

• ixcuincle changed the title to 2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread (Capitals moving to Potomac Yard?)
2 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

So Ted gonna put the arena right next to the airport sos opposing teams fans will have easy access. Brilliant. 🤣

I used to work on that land with RF&P rr. I remember when JKC was looking to build there after CSX closed the yard, ****ed the RF&P employees & moved their ops to FL. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Too little, too late. 

egg will be on DC Govt face for waiting this long to do anything. 

Doubt it, this seems to be a chess move by scumbag Ted to get the MCI Center refurbished. I seriously doubt he has any firm agreements with VA they still have to approve the deal on their end and I doubt the people in that area will be happy about the influx of traffic in Alexandria. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

This complex would be about a 12 minute drive from my house. I guess it would be cool, but I also like heading into Chinatown/Penn Quarter. 

I sure a hell don’t want my taxes lining Leonsis’ pockets. 

Interestingly, Alexandria’s mayor no-commented on it today, so he may not be down with it. 

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I doubt the people in that area will be happy about the influx of traffic in Alexandria. 

People around here get ****ing furious about traffic when small retail stores open. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I remember when Ted purchased the Caps in 1999. For the next few seasons, you could count on him being at almost every game, walking the concourse and shaking hands with fans, calling into morning radio shows the morning after, and even interacting with fans on internet message boards. I met him several times. I could tell he was a little thin-skinned and pushy, but at least he was trying.

He's definitely changed. I guess money will do that to people.

Mayor Bowser and most of the city council are idiots, but shame on Leonsis for trying to extort the DC taxpayers.