Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NCAA Football thread

ixcuincle

14 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

All the Cali schools gonna be made ineligible in a few years.  Ironically it seems the schools didn’t want the Cali Governor to make the move to pay athletes after NCAA threatened to bar them. 

I assume you’re referring to this case.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-09-30/college-athlete-endorsement-deals-ncaa-california-law

If you can construct a reasonable argument for American adults being legally barred from accepting income from corporate endorsements, I’d be interested in hearing it.

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I assume you’re referring to this case.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-09-30/college-athlete-endorsement-deals-ncaa-california-law

If you can construct a reasonable argument for American adults being legally barred from accepting income from corporate endorsements, I’d be interested in hearing it.

The NCAA already said they would do it.  Cal has a lot more to lose here. Athletes and coaches will move.  People are already leaving due to the costs of living.  I won’t get into the paid thing as I see arguments both ways.  

23 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Must read law before commenting. Schools are NOT paying players in this case. 

Here is the issue with California passing this. The Cal schools don’t support it because they believe this is a excuse to tax them harder.  The PAC 12  is against them and stated as such.  California has no leverage.  NCAA will be fine if they kick them.  Athletes and coaches will go other places which hurts California long terms which a obvious fear of the universities too.  California should have only done this if they had mass support around the country.  I don’t even see full support in their state.  It’s not the 1950s where LA ran the show.  Players go to schools with major tradition and rivalries to get their exposure.  No one is watching a Berkeley football game at 10pm in a California league.  They barely watch them now in the PAC 12

52 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Here is the issue with California passing this. The Cal schools don’t support it because they believe this is a excuse to tax them harder.  The PAC 12  is against them and stated as such.  California has no leverage.  NCAA will be fine if they kick them.  Athletes and coaches will go other places which hurts California long terms which a obvious fear of the universities too.  California should have only done this if they had mass support around the country.  I don’t even see full support in their state.  It’s not the 1950s where LA ran the show.  Players go to schools with major tradition and rivalries to get their exposure.  No one is watching a Berkeley football game at 10pm in a California league.  They barely watch them now in the PAC 12

Your point is that by allowing athletes to receive compensation for the use of their images will HURT recruiting?  That these athletes would rather play where they can’t receive compensation?  Also...population/housing market nonsense?!?

What kind of alt-right, anti-California, podcast hive mind stuff are you getting into these days?

4 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Your point is that by allowing athletes to receive compensation for the use of their images will HURT recruiting?  That these athletes would rather play where they can’t receive compensation?  Also...population/housing market nonsense?!?

What kind of alt-right, anti-California, podcast hive mind stuff are you getting into these days?

Get out of here with that bull **** political garbage.  Students are given free tuition, free food, free housing, free clothing, etc.  They leave debt free with the ability to showcase themselves in front of the whole country 1-4 years.   Stop acting like they don’t get any damn benefit.  I was on the athletic booster advisory board for a major university.  I know exactly what athletes get.  Non athletes (From C+ to deans list) would kill to have perks they get.  California was already warned they’ll be banned by the NCAA if they passed the bill. They don’t have the support of the Cal schools, conference, or NCAA.  

12 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Get out of here with that bull **** political garbage.  Students are given free tuition, free food, free housing, free clothing, etc.  They leave debt free with the ability to showcase themselves in front of the whole country 1-4 years.   Stop acting like they don’t get any damn benefit.  I was on the athletic booster advisory board for a major university.  I know exactly what athletes get.  Non athletes (From C+ to deans list) would kill to have perks they get.  California was already warned they’ll be banned by the NCAA if they passed the bill. They don’t have the support of the Cal schools, conference, or NCAA.  

deleted.

too folksy

Archived