Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NCAA Football thread

ixcuincle

That was a great game. OSU has only themselves to blame though. The early FGs when they could have really separated. But what really had me scratching my head was the 3rd down call when they were up 2 and trying to run out the clock. You win by keeping the ball, but they seemed to be more worried about the clock. The screen just seemed like they were more worried about keeping the clock running. As soon as they ran that and then punted, I knew they would lose. 

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

most excited I’ve been since the Deshaun Watson/ Bama rematch 

Like SEC defenses are generally quite good but LSU is different.  They aren’t dominate but they are good and when they really get up they can be a force. Clemson’s defense isn’t as dominate as previous years but still very good. 

Really it comes down to the QB’s making plays.  Both are very composed and they bring toughness to their team.  I think Trevor might be a bit more humble (I can’t believe they got him to say 24-0 in the pregame video because he hates the spotlight. Announcers even said that.) but both QBs have the tools to be great at the next level. 

21 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This Clemson vs LSU game is going to be legendary.  Haven't been this excited for any of the CFP championship games so far, and we've had some great ones before.

I think LSU will blow them out, not as much as they did with Oklahoma, but it won't be close.  As Redskin4ever saild above, OSU only had themselves to blame for losing that game.  I don't think LSU will make the mistakes OSU did, and Clemson has shown weakness and it will be exploited.

2 hours ago, China said:

I think LSU will blow them out, not as much as they did with Oklahoma, but it won't be close.  As Redskin4ever saild above, OSU only had themselves to blame for losing that game.  I don't think LSU will make the mistakes OSU did, and Clemson has shown weakness and it will be exploited. 

I think Clemson will win, but at the very last, it'll be close.  Clemson's secondary is about a thousand times better than that Oklahoma group and there is no way Jefferson and Marshall will bully them like they did those awful OU DBs.  Clemson's front isn't going to get punked like Oklahoma's did either.  Those guys are big and good and extremely well coached.  Their defense is better than LSU's, and their offense is powerful too.

Clemson is on like a 10-1 roll against the SEC in the past couple years, they're not going to be scared of LSU and they're not going to get outcoached like Ohio State and Oklahoma were.  They waxed an "unbeatable" Alabama team that people were trying to give the championship too in November of last season.  Clemson has a culture of competence and confidence and they compete with everyone.

8 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think Clemson will win, but at the very last, it'll be close.  Clemson's secondary is about a thousand times better than that Oklahoma group and there is no way Jefferson and Marshall will bully them like they did those awful OU DBs.  Clemson's front isn't going to get punked like Oklahoma's did either.  Those guys are big and good and extremely well coached.  Their defense is better than LSU's, and their offense is powerful too.

Clemson is on like a 10-1 roll against the SEC in the past couple years, they're not going to be scared of LSU and they're not going to get outcoached like Ohio State and Oklahoma were.  They waxed an "unbeatable" Alabama team that people were trying to give the championship too in November of last season.  Clemson has a culture of competence and confidence and they compete with everyone.

Ultra.  Instinct.

On 8/27/2019 at 3:35 PM, BayouBrave86 said:

LSU’s best team since 2012. I’m honestly excited about our team for the first time in a while. Our offense will now be modern. Our defense will be ridiculous as usual. We may have the best secondary in the country with Delpit, Fulton, and Stingley. Stingley is going to be our next Patrick Peterson, mark it down. We finally have a gamebreaker at RB again in LSU and our receivers are probably the best we’ve had since Odell and Jarvis with Jefferson and Chase. The key is just staying somewhat healthy and avoiding injuries to the Oline mostly. I think we beat everyone except Bama and then hopefully sneak into the playoffs as the 3rd or 4th team. It’s Bama Clemson Oklahoma and ? In my opinion this year.

we are going to be absolutely work Texas in two weeks.

What a ride this season has been. Went down to ATL for both the SEC Championship and Peach Bowl. Flying down to NOLA next Sunday to watch us complete this epic season in the dome and win it all! I honestly think we win comfortably against Clemson. They may get a late score to make it look closer than it really was (see Alabama). This is the game Burrow has been dreaming about his entire life. In the words of Coach O, we comin!

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo this is something I've been thinking about since oh, NCAA Football '00. Just what in the hell is up with the odd similarities between these two teams, like the name, the stadium nickname, and even the damn fight songs. Were they once a single school or something? I've never understood this 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Soooo this is something I've been thinking about since oh, NCAA Football '00. Just what in the hell is up with the odd similarities between these two teams, like the name, the stadium nickname, and even the damn fight songs. Were they once a single school or something? I've never understood this 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/01/10/tiger-mascot-lsu-clemson/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/01/10/death-valley-clemson-lsu/

Archived