Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Romantic places to stay in Virginia

SkinsWmsbg

I want to surprise my girlfriend for her birthday at the begining of October and take her away for a night.  I live in Hampton Roads now and dont know much about the western part of the state.

She loves beautiful scenary with hills/mountains... any recommendations for a place to stay with fantastic scenary around the Charlottesville area?

Howdy. Charlottesville area native here. I live pretty close to the aforementioned winery in Afton. It’s a stunningly beautiful area and October is a great time to visit. 

What do you guys enjoy doing? Do you and your girlfriend enjoy wine and/or beer? Hiking? Taking in natural beauty without breaking a sweat? I’m here to help. 

AED5030B-DE0E-4F6A-95FC-56BCC2C7BE72.jpeg

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Howdy. Charlottesville area native here. I live pretty close to the aforementioned winery in Afton. It’s a stunningly beautiful area and October is a great place to visit. 

What do you guys enjoy doing? Do you and your girlfriend enjoy wine and/or beer? Hiking? Taking in natural beauty without breaking a sweat? I’m here to help. 

Glad you mentioned wine and beer. Nelson 151 is a place you can go nuts in for hours and take some pretty sweet tours. 

45 minutes ago, SkinsWmsbg said:

I want to surprise my girlfriend for her birthday at the begining of October and take her away for a night.  I live in Hampton Roads now and dont know much about the western part of the state.

She loves beautiful scenary with hills/mountains... any recommendations for a place to stay with fantastic scenary around the Charlottesville area?

Hi.  Totally not what you asked for, but,  West Virginia isn’t that much further. And early October correspond with Bridge Day at the new river, where people gather to jump off the largest arch bridge in the western hemosphere. Now that’s romantic.

https://officialbridgeday.com/

Archived