Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can We Just Tee It Up Now?

Veryoldschool

All we know is what we’ve seen for almost 30 years. Maybe they are in contention for the playoffs, most likely, not. I’m over getting excited about this team. They are not a championship organization and I don’t have any good suggestions on how to fix it. It seems like it comes from the very top. The fact that five or so people are going to decide on the starting QB and not exclusively the coach is sad, pathetic, and laughable and is a prime example of the dysfunction. What other organization makes a major team decision that way, other than crazy old senile Jerry (see Al Davis in his later years). Irrespective of the record they will not be competing for a title and will continue to ruin good young prospects and chase away good players. Players almost never give discounts to play for teams in the modern NFL, but certainly, no players look at this organization as a chance to win a championship. Dysfunctional is a mild way to put it. Not only will Gruden probably be gone but my guess is Kyle Smith and O’Connell will leave as well. I wish I were wrong, but history and the odds are on my side. Snyder has stolen my Joy for this team and Bruce has stomped on it for good measure.  

5 hours ago, posse87 said:

All we know is what we’ve seen for almost 30 years. Maybe they are in contention for the playoffs, most likely, not. I’m over getting excited about this team. They are not a championship organization and I don’t have any good suggestions on how to fix it. It seems like it comes from the very top. The fact that five or so people are going to decide on the starting QB and not exclusively the coach is sad, pathetic, and laughable and is a prime example of the dysfunction. What other organization makes a major team decision that way, other than crazy old senile Jerry (see Al Davis in his later years). Irrespective of the record they will not be competing for a title and will continue to ruin good young prospects and chase away good players. Players almost never give discounts to play for teams in the modern NFL, but certainly, no players look at this organization as a chance to win a championship. Dysfunctional is a mild way to put it. Not only will Gruden probably be gone but my guess is Kyle Smith and O’Connell will leave as well. I wish I were wrong, but history and the odds are on my side. Snyder has stolen my Joy for this team and Bruce has stomped on it for good measure.  

Well, there is that.....

Redskins defense surprisingly stays healthy and dominates all season, forcing the most turnovers and registering the most sacks with Montez Sweat leading the way with 12.5 sacks while also blocking multiple field goal attempts.  Matt Ioannidis, on one particular sack, picks up Dak Prescott and folds him like a piece of cheese for a game winning safety.  Overall, the defense is so wildly dominant that they carry the Redskins to 12-4 record even with Trent Williams sitting the season out and rookie QB Dwayne Haskins sitting behind Case Keenum.  Redskins earn first round bye and host their first home playoff game vs Dallas.  Redskins win 33-3 with all 4 TDS scored on defense.  In NFC Championship the Redskins host the LA Rams and lose 3-2 because, well, it’s still the Redskins.

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Redskins defense surprisingly stays healthy and dominates all season, forcing the most turnovers and registering the most sacks with Montez Sweat leading the way with 12.5 sacks while also blocking multiple field goal attempts.  Matt Ioannidis, on one particular sack, picks up Dak Prescott and folds him like a piece of cheese for a game winning safety.  Overall, the defense is so wildly dominant that they carry the Redskins to 12-4 record even with Trent Williams sitting the season out and rookie QB Dwayne Haskins sitting behind Case Keenum.  Redskins earn first round bye and host their first home playoff game vs Dallas.  Redskins win 33-3 with all 4 TDS scored on defense.  In NFC Championship the Redskins host the LA Rams and lost 3-2 because, well, it’s still the Redskins.

Nice, I see it that way too with  Scarlette Johanson dropping by my house to watch the game and prepare snacks because that's the kind of year it is going to be!

11 hours ago, -JB- said:

Redskins defense surprisingly stays healthy and dominates all season, forcing the most turnovers and registering the most sacks with Montez Sweat leading the way with 12.5 sacks while also blocking multiple field goal attempts.  Matt Ioannidis, on one particular sack, picks up Dak Prescott and folds him like a piece of cheese for a game winning safety.  Overall, the defense is so wildly dominant that they carry the Redskins to 12-4 record even with Trent Williams sitting the season out and rookie QB Dwayne Haskins sitting behind Case Keenum.  Redskins earn first round bye and host their first home playoff game vs Dallas.  Redskins win 33-3 with all 4 TDS scored on defense.  In NFC Championship the Redskins host the LA Rams and lose 3-2 because, well, it’s still the Redskins.

You Sir, are now my hero. Anyone who perceives a vision like that should be put on a pedestal and surrounded by armed guards for their on protection

6 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Scarlette didn't show whereas many of my worse fears about the team materialized if you must know. 

If everyone here is completely honest with themselves (that means taking off your Fan Hat), we all pretty much know how this is gonna go.  

At least it's a familiar feeling.  Just think -- lots of free time on Sunday to do many other more enjoyable things.

20 hours ago, Probos said:

If everyone here is completely honest with themselves (that means taking off your Fan Hat), we all pretty much know how this is gonna go.  

At least it's a familiar feeling.  Just think -- lots of free time on Sunday to do many other more enjoyable things.

Yeah. I've seen this movie before...

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth I wasn't particularly excited about the prospects of last season either, yet the team started out 6-2.  (We know what happened after, but still....).   There is always going to be the "You never really know until" factor that is the NFL, but this season feels like a transition kind of season where I don't really care so much what happens until Haskins gets in there and mixes it up. 

I don't foresee the team being anything better than .500ish with the combo of Keenum/Colt, maybe a lucky break goes the team's way and they end up 9-7 when all is said and done, but if a playoff spot is out of the question at the halfway point, then just let Haskins finish out the season and get him some playing time with the other young players on offense. 

On 8/8/2019 at 6:53 PM, Veryoldschool said:

Nice, I see it that way too with  Scarlette Johanson dropping by my house to watch the game and prepare snacks because that's the kind of year it is going to be!

So typical...we are coming up with pie-in-the-sky dream scenarios and we have a beautiful a-list celebrity simply cooking. The Redskins have completely broken this fan base. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been this way for decades friends...

This is the doldrums week! It’s the natural order of things, we must be in pain 7 days before we get relief by watching the skins smash the Eagles a new one! 

Some call it skin fasting...

Let me please suggest how to handle this required annual  week of no wind in your Redskins sails with that heavy  burden of Extreme anticipation... rum, women, Rock & Roll with lots of sleep!

Substitution of music Type is completely optional! The rum is not! 

This week shall pass! 

HTTR 

F48985EF-7EE6-4631-B7C0-7DFEA2ADC58F.jpeg

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Can't wait!!..damn it feels good knowing a week from tomorrow I'll get to get Into my sunday football ritual!!...

Same!! And next Saturday night the Jay Gruden coaches show will be on once again! First time since the end of last season. And the weekly insomniacs thread as well!!! 

Our defense will have to keep us in the game..

Donald Penn needs to play that veteran roll as well as scherff and rally the line cuz its gonna be a tough task on sunday..run the ball,  control the clock, minimize mistakes take the ball from them. I think collins leadership will be wayyyy over looked and with his experience playing the eagles I see our defense scoring a td...pair that with the offense scoring 11 points we might have a chance..either way I'm ready to tee it up..I'm ready for Redskins football!!

Archived