Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can We Just Tee It Up Now?

Veryoldschool

Yeah, I'm ready and excited to see the start of the season.  The draft, the drama, the roster decisions are finally over I hope we see some winning now.  Philly may be favored but I want to see the Redskins go in there fired up and come home with a win.  Time to tee it up and started winning!

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:31 PM, hatchetwound said:

10 wins.  I think we should do 10 wins "easy".  Consider the facts:

Fact #1: Last year, with a lesser team, we were well on our way at 6-3.

Fact #1a: The downfall started with Smith going down.  We got better at Quarterback, both starting and backup.

Fact #2: Our defense is NASTY

Fact #3: No team has committed more $$$ to the offensive side of the ball, we may be a surprise there

Fact #3a: Don't forget we have young studs coming back like Guice

Fact #4: Based on 2018 records, we have the easiest strength of schedule this year.  (Some how the cheaters have the second easiest)

Rebuttal:

1. We had a consummate game manager at QB, and got more than we could have ever imagined out of AP the first half of 2018.

1a. I don't see Keenum and an unproven rookie who played 14 games in college as an upgrade over Smith/McCoy.

2. Our defense looks good on paper, except for the inside LB position, which is the heart of any good defense.   

3. Really? I tend not to focus on the business side of the game. Where exactly did they spend the money? Certainly not on luring their best offensive player back from a holdout. Certainly not on bringing in targets for our QBs. 

3a. I hope he is a stud, but at this point, Guice is also unproven. Who are the other young studs coming back? 

4. We may have the easiest schedule, but our first 5 games are against Philly, Dallas, Chicago, NYG, and New England. How is that going to be easy? We'll be lucky to not be 0-5 after that stretch. I'd predict 1-4, but the GIants are never a gimme, even when they aren't very good.

The only real thing we have to look forward to this season is when Haskins finally gets to be the starter, so we can see if we really have our QB of the future. But after what looks to be about a 6-10 season (at best), we'll likely be bringing in a new coaching staff for 2020, and young Dwayne will have had to learn 2 systems in his first 2 years in the league.   

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:40 PM, Veryoldschool said:

Had my summer vacation so now my thoughts turn to football.  I have no idea what to expect, or maybe I want to ignore what I expect and hope for more.  I think I picked 6-10 in a prediction thread awhile ago and I guess I don't really feel more optimistic now but I am eager to have it get started.  Sure, I'd love to have a better season than I really expect but at this point, I am just eager to see them play.

We got some new guys I want to see them play and I hope the OL holds up much better than I really expect and we surprise the NFL and have a lot of fun this year, despite my tepid expectations I almost feel we are overdue to get lucky, maybe things will break our way this year.  Who else is Jonesing for them to tee it up and get going? 

Good god, please don't use the word 'break'.

The last thing this team needs is more injuries.

I've even sworn off Rice Crispies, you know, for the whole 'snap crackle pop' thingy...

I want to get excited but everybody on the planet says we'll suck including most fans. 

It's like sitting next to the tree on Christmas eve, slowly picking up your gift to give it a little shake, and determining that the most likely contents is a big bag of ****!!!!

Kinda takes the excitement out of Christmas morning.

Not me, I've managed without the aid of drugs to convince myself that the Skins led by their defense are ready to do some winning on the field.  I just watched the Bears & Green Bay go at it and can't wait to see the Skins beat Philly and set the tone for an unexpected winning season.  I have discarded my fears and embraced my hopes and I am relishing with childlike anticipation the countdown to the kickoff, no correct that, the count down to victory!  Be quick about it lads climb on the bandwagon we're going to win in Philly!

Archived