Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 hour ago, carex said:

really?  Cause I've been saying we're around .500 for years and we're a game off, half a game off while others keep predicting us as around a 4-12 team at best and who's been right?

Last 10 years, averaged 6.3 wins.  Gruden years 7 wins. 

I'm not saying 4, but losing the QB that was around for 6 of 7 wins last year and now a LT, it's not something that makes people think maintaining status quo of that 7 win average makes sense.  That would be 6 or less.  Maybe it doesn't happen, but thinking those predictions are unfounded is pretty silly too.

38 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Last 10 years, averaged 6.3 wins.  Gruden years 7 wins. 

I'm not saying 4, but losing the QB that was around for 6 of 7 wins last year and now a LT, it's not something that makes people think maintaining status quo of that 7 win average makes sense.  That would be 6 or less.  Maybe it doesn't happen, but thinking those predictions are unfounded is pretty silly too.

8 minutes ago, wit33 said:

How many wins with a healthy Alex Smith? 

Okay, and Trent... for topic purposes 

Trent may have lead to a healthy Smith, he missed the Texans game

But we finished with seven wins with Kirk and with Smith and co and Case took a team to the NFC championship so it seems viable

We're a 6 win team. We just won't have the QB play. The rest of the offense is essentially gaining experience (RB, WR, OL) with multiple key players in those positions in their 1st or 2nd year inNFL.

A 1st round pick at this point is a no brainer if we could get it, EVEN IF TRENT WANTED TO BE HERE!!!

Bruce should seal the deal in the next 2 weeks. 

2 first round picks in next years draft (with ours likely in top 10) would really start to chart a course

My god the anticipation is killing me.

It's not that I'm pumped we have to trade Trent. We certainly won't get a player as good as he is back or draft a player that good with a draft pick--it's just unlikely. 

BUT--knowing the situation we're in...he's old enough that he'll be gone or washed by the time we're competing with Haskins anyways. So getting a younger player or picks for him now, when Bruce would never make that big call, when he's trying to save his job, without having his hand forced....it's kind of exciting, on a weird level. 

9 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

We're a 6 win team. We just won't have the QB play. The rest of the offense is essentially gaining experience (RB, WR, OL) with multiple key players in those positions in their 1st or 2nd year inNFL.

A 1st round pick at this point is a no brainer if we could get it, EVEN IF TRENT WANTED TO BE HERE!!!

Bruce should seal the deal in the next 2 weeks. 

2 first round picks in next years draft (with ours likely in top 10) would really start to chart a course

Imo, we are below average at:

OL

QB

WR

LB

CB

HC

Stadium

Owner

Sexy ES mods

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It's not that I'm pumped we have to trade Trent. We certainly won't get a player as good as he is back or draft a player that good with a draft pick--it's just unlikely. 

BUT--knowing the situation we're in...he's old enough that he'll be gone or washed by the time we're competing with Haskins anyways. So getting a younger player or picks for him now, when Bruce would never make that big call, when he's trying to save his job, without having his hand forced....it's kind of exciting, on a weird level. 

Absolutely, finally we’ll have some clarity on what to disagree with one another about next.

I'll take the Browns 1st...they are the type of hype team that isn't actually ready yet and could easily finish middle of the pack or worse despite how excited I would be if I were a Brown's fan...even better if they include another pick too. 

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'll take the Browns 1st...they are the type of hype team that isn't actually ready yet and could easily finish middle of the pack or worse despite how excited I would be if I were a Brown's fan...even better if they include another pick too. 

Totally agree. People jumping the gun a bit on this team. I just saw for the first time a breakdown of Bakers wins. Those stats and wins may be a bit inflated. 

Also a lot of immaturity on that team. Couple of losses, things might start getting said. 

11 minutes ago, ArtMonkwastheman said:

I can't see us getting the better end of a deal with the Patriots. They always come out on top with their trades. 

I don't see a Pats deal happening. It'll be someone else imo

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I agree, it's a strange feeling.  But it's the right call. And we probably won't get a player as good as Trent was during his whole career, but we should get a player with more production from this point forward.  We had Trent for the bulk of his prime, almost a decade in all.  To get that production, then get a first rounder 10 years later, would be insane value.  But he is 31 and injury prone, his next few years will have flashes but may not be all that special overall.  The goal for any first round pick is a long term starter, so we could plug a hole for the next decade.   Easier said than done I know.

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh good lord....there’s a rumor that redskins and Vikings are finalizing a deal to send Trent to them in exchange for Stefon diggs and a pick (@NFL_Trade_News on Twitter reported this rumor....i doubt this is true 😂

I would love this. Diggs has top-3 NFL route running ability and Haskins anticipation was on display last night. They would be an incredible pair. Even if that means we don't get a 1st or 2nd, let's be real...we all would assume that pick and our original 1st is going toward a WR and LT anyways...getting a stud 24 year old at one of those positions frees up resources for OL and everything else.

Can we fit Diggs' contract? 

6 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I agree, it's a strange feeling.  But it's the right call. And we probably won't get a player as good as Trent was during his whole career, but we should get a player with more production from this point forward.  We had Trent for the bulk of his prime, almost a decade in all.  To get that production, then get a first rounder 10 years later, would be insane value.  But he is 31 and injury prone, his next few years will have flashes but may not be all that special overall.  The goal for any first round pick is a long term starter, so we could plug a hole for the next decade.   Easier said than done I know.

This is what smart teams do

Archived