Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Al Galdi on Team 980 just mentioned that the Skins saved millions of dollars by shutting out Williams and that fans could care less.

But if you are the Danny and know you need millions more to fund a new stadium and buy the land maybe the ownership team cared

to recapture the money and are not concerned about losing trade value by not trading him sooner.   I never thought it was about saving

money until I heard Al and Doc this morning talking about it.  Also Doc Walker seems to think Williams made mistakes including not going 

on your own to get more than one medical opinion.  Also Doc indicated most players would not give up losing millions of dollars.  At 11:00 am

this morning they will interview Mike Jones about his story on Williams.

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Because it’s a black mark on an already horrendous GM tenure. I’m not talking about absolute current events. I’m talking about the franchise. 

The team lost because of Allen’s ego.

But we knew that weeks ago lol...I prefer to try and understand all the new info we are learning about now, regardless of whether or not Allen has already proven himself worthy of termination. For this specific issue, I definitely want to learn "who's at fault" because it deals with people's health and literally their lives. The effect of not trading Trent falls waaaaaay down the priorities list in my view.

Again: Trent says the Skins' neglect by the management and medical staff almost lead to his death. Finding out the truth and if anyone is to blame should be priority #1. Nothing else even compares.

I also just realized that there have been three different reasons given why Trent is refusing to cooperate with the independent 3rd part review:

1) Doesn't want to relive the pain of the experience and worries about his health records becoming public

2) Doesn't want anyone with the medical staff to lose their jobs and fears that will be the result of the review

3) Doesn't feel the Skins' motives for asking for the review are sincere

The fact that he said he'd gladly take part in the review if he believed the Skins weren't wanting to cover their ass pretty much tosses those first two reasons out the window. Because apparently, if the Skins seemed sincere in finding out exactly what happened, he wouldn't give a rat's ass if anyone on the medical staff lost their job. The more reasons he gives for not taking part in the review, the more sketchy it seems that he would decline. And the more sketchy his reasoning becomes, the more questionable his reasons for holding out become. Now that Trent's finally talking, he needs to provide some clarity and consistency to an issue that is wildly in need of both. He's not providing any.

“There are a lot of situations they could have looked into. Why didn’t they do it before now? Why didn’t they do it in (quarterback) Colt (McCoy’s) case

Just to add (edited my post to remove extra quotes, didn't realize others had already posted)...I've always wondered why Colt's situation is never talked about more.  The fact that he had a medically unnecessary procedure in order to possibly play, if needed...is intriguing.  

13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Again: Trent says the Skins' neglect by the management and medical staff almost lead to his death. Finding out the truth and if anyone is to blame should be priority #1. Nothing else even compares.

Sure. That is absolutely the primary concern in all of this.

But we still don't know anything on that front and looking into it, still to this point, is really an exercise in mind numbing, painful, flatulence. There's not enough information.

The issue we can now firmly assess is that all of this talk around Trent has led to his trade value plummeting and had he been moved in the beginning, though this would all likely have still come out in the wash, we'd have received compensation.

The human side of this, the part that matters more than anything else, is still in complete limbo.

Can you get Cancer from playing football? Nope

Does the redskins medical staff perform surgery? Nope..Andrews yes, but he is a certified surgeon.

When the players start blaming the organization for Every Single deed or mishap, the game becomes destroyed with overbearing solid, Beatty MEN

Trent should take responsibility for HIs own Actions. What doe that teach his kids, your kids..people who look up to him.

Thanks Not Hero material.....Period

You can go Now Trent ...YOu R Dimissded....Dissmissdededed

This is blood sport for Bruce Allen. He loves these small legal battles. With that being said, there will be no winners here only losers. Bruce can beat his **** all day about he forced Trent to report then shut him down but in the end, the team Bruce created is the worst in the NFL. 

Sadly, I don't think that matters to bruce and Dan. Right now priority #1 is getting a taxpayer funded stadium. Does not matter if the product on the field is ass, the opposing teams fans will pay the bills. 

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I fail to see why having a 3rd-party investigation would upset Trent.

Because it proves he was lying and using the "misdiagnosis" and cancer scare as a tool to try and get his contract restructured to get guaranteed money (which we now know he asked for that).   He probably was expecting the team to cave and give him what he wanted after he drug them through the mud with his lies.  They didn't and instead chose to clear the medical staff of any wrong doing and requested the review.

I don't for one second believe that he requested the NFLPA to not review his medical records because he "didn't want to relive the incident" and put it behind him.  He had no problem "reliving the incident" when he trashed the organization when he didn't get what he wanted.  Didn't look like he wanted to put it behind him when he reported and gave that interview did it?  Just when the Redskins wanted to clear the medical staff of any wrong doing in how they handled his situation.

1 hour ago, megared said:

Just to add (edited my post to remove extra quotes, didn't realize others had already posted)...I've always wondered why Colt's situation is never talked about more.  The fact that he had a medically unnecessary procedure in order to possibly play, if needed...is intriguing.  

It's not talked about because Colt didn't act like a **** about it and toss the team under the bus.  

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It's not talked about because Colt didn't act like a **** about it and toss the team under the bus.  

So that makes it okay to you?  Wouldn't be shocked in the least to find out that they're only keeping him on the roster at this point, to avoid more messiness.  It's pretty obvious Callahan has no intention of him seeing the field.

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Al Galdi on Team 980 just mentioned that the Skins saved millions of dollars by shutting out Williams and that fans could care less.

I said a while back that Bruce was opportunistic here, taking the chance to offset some of the cash going down the toilet with Alex Smith.

Bruce needs to win, what's new. The guy is a dick. Dare say trade value has been effected, although I think Trent will still draw a strong market in the early offseason. 

Finally on Trent, I think it's clear he needs to be held accountable for his share of this. Not that he'll care, but he has gone down a fair way in my estimation.

29 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

This is blood sport for Bruce Allen. He loves these small legal battles. With that being said, there will be no winners here only losers. Bruce can beat his **** all day about he forced Trent to report then shut him down but in the end, the team Bruce created is the worst in the NFL. 

Sadly, I don't think that matters to bruce and Dan. Right now priority #1 is getting a taxpayer funded stadium. Does not matter if the product on the field is ass, the opposing teams fans will pay the bills. 

I think we can all agree that Bruce is a giant douche bag and has ruined the franchise and has done a horrible job of not setting us up for potential success (trading players for future draft picks, contract extensions, free agency, etc.).  

2 minutes ago, megared said:

So that makes it okay to you?  Wouldn't be shocked in the least to find out that they're only keeping him on the roster at this point, to avoid more messiness.  It's pretty obvious Callahan has no intention of him seeing the field.

I didn't say that I'm fine (or not fine) with anything.  But it's Colt's choice to go public with his situation if he wants to, he obviously chose not to.  Well, that might come out later now that TW felt the need to name drop Colt in his interview by asking why the Redskins didn't investigate his situation.  Which is yet another candy ass move, imo of course.

And Colt shouldn't see the field, they brought in Case to be the starting QB and drafted Haskins.  Colt playing anything other than a 2nd/3rd string QB (depending on Case's health) takes away from Haskins getting reps/experience.  But because of Case's health and what happened last year (Alex and Colts season ending injuries), you absolutely keep him on the roster.  

Trent said nothing until that locker room session last week. Nothing. The team has been steadily leaking misleading information to make Trent look bad. And I think we know where it came from.  Trent didn't want to get the NFLPA involved for several very good reasons (including advice from former Redskins Park royalty that you all love). One of those reasons is that DeMaurice Smith is basically Chrissy from Three's Company, Rose from the Golden Girls. Secondly, I wouldn't trust my medical information being out there, either, knowing that people like Schefter are routinely paying hospital and clinic staff for patient information (it doesn't always come from the agents, folks). And the team would surely leak information that wasn't even remotely related to the tumor. Going through a joint review process puts Trent's privacy at risk. He was wise not to agree to it, and there are people at 345 Park Avenue who agree with Trent. Nobody absolves Trent of the error of not going earlier for 2nd/3rd opinions. But he consistently asked about having that growth removed, and was repeatedly told that it was either nothing serious or could wait. This is not about money. The man could have died. This is about the medical issue and the lack of taking it seriously and/or not being thorough and competent enough to know what the hell they were doing. Colt's issue is a prime example, and I've mentioned it before. Wonder why the team president phoned him this week. He hasn't done it in 4 years. Worried about something? Nah, probably just wanted to talk about the Nats.......or the weather.

2 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Trent said nothing until that locker room session last week. Nothing. The team has been steadily leaking misleading information to make Trent look bad

What was the misleading information that was leaked before Trent started talking?...NOT speculation, which was rampant. And it was rampant because there was so little info to go on. But leaked info that damaged Trent's rep?

8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I don't care.  He's gone and I predict he will be a bust for his next team. I agree with noony, only a third rounder for him. 

Similar, although I think we more than a third. I could see a couple of mid round picks more like a 2 and 4.

8 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Trent said nothing until that locker room session last week. Nothing. The team has been steadily leaking misleading information to make Trent look bad. And I think we know where it came from.  Trent didn't want to get the NFLPA involved for several very good reasons (including advice from former Redskins Park royalty that you all love). One of those reasons is that DeMaurice Smith is basically Chrissy from Three's Company, Rose from the Golden Girls. Secondly, I wouldn't trust my medical information being out there, either, knowing that people like Schefter are routinely paying hospital and clinic staff for patient information (it doesn't always come from the agents, folks). And the team would surely leak information that wasn't even remotely related to the tumor. Going through a joint review process puts Trent's privacy at risk. He was wise not to agree to it, and there are people at 345 Park Avenue who agree with Trent. Nobody absolves Trent of the error of not going earlier for 2nd/3rd opinions. But he consistently asked about having that growth removed, and was repeatedly told that it was either nothing serious or could wait. This is not about money. The man could have died. This is about the medical issue and the lack of taking it seriously and/or not being thorough and competent enough to know what the hell they were doing. Colt's issue is a prime example, and I've mentioned it before. Wonder why the team president phoned him this week. He hasn't done it in 4 years. Worried about something? Nah, probably just wanted to talk about the Nats.......or the weather.

Is this you Trent?

If I have a serious medical problem/issue, I'm in no rush to tweet it or ensure that everyone on earth knows about it. It's become, unfortunately, a part of our culture these days. Instant news....about everything. Trent remained silent, which I credit him for. He communicated with the team, not with the media, which is how it should be done. The team decided to spread the  misinformation that he wasn't there because of contract demands. All the while, the man was recovering from surgery and waiting for additional procedures. He wasn't visiting his accountant to devise strategy on how much he could get from the team.

2 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

If I have a serious medical problem/issue, I'm in no rush to tweet it or ensure that everyone on earth knows about it. It's become, unfortunately, a part of our culture these days. Instant news....about everything. Trent remained silent, which I credit him for. He communicated with the team, not with the media, which is how it should be done. The team decided to spread the  misinformation that he wasn't there because of contract demands. All the while, the man was recovering from surgery and waiting for additional procedures. He wasn't visiting his accountant to devise strategy on how much he could get from the team.

Trent didn't really remain silent...he had his surrogates putting out his side for him, Moses and Hall in particular. And I'm not sure how reporting that Trent wanting a new deal being the reason he's holding out is making him look bad...players do it constantly and nobody really bats an eye.

Archived