Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Really?  Trump has the authority to order the entire executive branch to simply ignore any and all congressional subpoenas "at this stage"?  

Could you tell me what "at this stage" is?  At which point do congressional subpoenas, for documents or testimony, stop being mere requests that can be ignored with impunity?  And if you could, based on what legal reasoning?  

No you don't.  You like the Republican Party, and every crooked thing they stand for.  

Subpoenas can be countered and are not absolute.....even more so when Congress acts outside the norm (no vote for impeachment hearings .ect)

I do like them better than the Dems.

There needs to be protest marches. The people need to make a statement.

7 minutes ago, twa said:

Subpoenas can be countered and are not absolute.....even more so when Congress acts outside the norm (no vote for impeachment hearings .ect)

I do like them better than the Dems.

Care to point out where a vote for impeachment hearings is legislated?

1 minute ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

There needs to be protest marches. The people need to make a statement.

Care to point out where a vote for impeachment hearings is legislated?

it is certainly customary...but I'm perfectly willing to let the court decide the matter.

as is the administration obviously

So the WH will cooperate if the House ends the process:

"Senior administration official, in call orchestrated by White House, declined to specify what would need to change for White House to cooperate with impeachment inquiry. A "full halt," official says on the call, of interviews or document requests."

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

republicans changed the law. And it grants congress the same legal authority as it previously had after an impeachment inquiry vote, rendering the inquiry vote meaningless. 

unless the court disagrees

18 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

So the WH will cooperate if the House ends the process:

"Senior administration official, in call orchestrated by White House, declined to specify what would need to change for White House to cooperate with impeachment inquiry. A "full halt," official says on the call, of interviews or document requests."

Oh and I'm sure that they'd totally keep their word too. These are people who have shown themselves thus far to be the pinnacle of honesty and good faith.

What exactly is the difference right now between Trump and an emperor? He can't be indicted, can't be investigated, can't be impeached. The only thing they haven't done yet is ignore a court order and say the court has no authority over them. But I have a feeling it's only a matter of time until we get there.

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

Really?  Trump has the authority to order the entire executive branch to simply ignore any and all congressional subpoenas "at this stage"?  

Did he not just do precisely that?

Come back to me when I;m wrong. Even if Pompeo or the Ambassador guy heve to answer to Congress they won't say anything or release any uncensored stuff. 

Could you tell me what "at this stage" is?  At which point do congressional subpoenas, for documents or testimony, stop being mere requests that can be ignored with impunity?  And if you could, based on what legal reasoning? 

This stage = impeachment inquiry  (sorta, haven't voted yet though that is trivial) 

I'm not claiming any legal reasoning, I'm just pointing out reality. Mike Pompeo is sitting on his couch right now, he's not under indictment any more the the House Sergeant of Arms is standing outside his house with handcuffs.  (@mistertim that aint happenin anytime soon buddy) If the Ambassador guy has to talk to Congress he won't say anything, if he releases whatever documents on Ukraine they will be heavily censored. 

Forcing any of these people to do what you are saying, holding people in Contempt, that's like 500 hoops down the line. Actually having Donald Trump testify in front of Congress is like 5,000 hoops. 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I guess that’s why they stacked the courts with partisan lunatic trolls like yourself 

You don't like the courts now?

Don't wanna vote

Don't like the court

Hmmm.

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Try to spin this one for the guy you didn't vote for twa.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/08/politics/trump-perry-giuliani-state-department/index.html

That one is easy, lotsa citizens have been used as envoys of presidents over the years.

If you operate under a potus directive anyone else under his authority is duty bound to assist you.

28 minutes ago, twa said:

So impeach him.

Till then we dance.

They're trying, but the WH won't comply with document requests and subpoenas that the House needs in order to get the facts. And there are no House rules or anything in the Constitution that says there has to be a full House floor vote before an impeachment inquiry can begin. The WH is basically just throwing the word "unconstitutional" around because it sounds hefty (and why not? they throw around treason and hint at executions readily enough). There's precisely zero about what the House is doing that is unconstitutional, and they know it. So do you.

Nothing is unconstitutional until ruled so.....more so every day.

They are co-equal....till they ain't.

Congress can say they don't need to vote for impeachment inquiry and POTUS can say it is not valid w/o a vote.

Neither position has been determined by the court....the other equal

Archived