Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

Just now, mistertim said:

Oh ****. Swalwell going hard at Nunes.

Swalwell is one of the more effective people on the committee. He’s absolutely right that Nunes tactics are to accuse others of what he’s been doing, and Nunes should have to answer why federally indicted grifters were feeding him information that led to waste of taxpayer money. 

11 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If I were a Dem rep in these hearings and I didn't have questions, I'd use the 5 minutes to mock the GOP, I'd just spend it repeating, "Hunter Biden, Steele Dossier, Fusion GPS, Basements, Due Process" and just make the point that all of these things have zero to do with these hearings but are being used over and over to distract from the matter at hand which is the President's conduct.

Ma'am, have you ever read the Steele Dossier?

No.  

Do you have any firsthand knowledge about the workings of Fusion GPS?  

No.  

Do you even know what a Fusion GPS is?  

No.  

Have you ever personally seen Barack Obama's birth certificate?  

No.  

Are your dreams haunted by fake cows?  

No.  

I'm sorry, Ma'am.  I have to leave now so I can go announce that I've completely destroyed all the things you said about the subject you were actually called here to testify about, and which you did actually testify about.  

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So they got to Will Hurd.  A once moderate sounding voice in the GOP is going full on, "I don't see any evidence of anything" 

They're banking on their unity lending credibility to this just being a partisan proceeding. Easier to fall back on the lazy "this just happens in washington" narrative with no defectors.

Murica is currently dumb enough for it to work

Conway finds time to throw a few bones to his Pro-fracking donors. 

Just now, StillUnknown said:

They're banking on their unity lending credibility to this just being a partisan proceeding. Easier to fall back on the lazy "this just happens in washington" narrative with no defectors.

I was holding out hope for him because he isn't seeking re-election.

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Conway finds time to throw a few bones to his Pro-fracking donors. 

I was holding out hope for him because he isn't seeking re-election.

Which is why their ground must be burned and the earth salted. No forgiveness for any of these clowns who lack requisite spine to do what they know needs to be done

if you watch, you can sometimes see dr hill making small but definite expressions of disdain when the loony ones do their shtick...she has a great lip/mouth action going on that isn't an open sneer but you get the message

15 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So they got to Will Hurd.  A once moderate sounding voice in the GOP is going full on, "I don't see any evidence of anything" 

sigh

saddens me 

i still like him but this is a real disappointment too

adam kinzinger been slipping down the rabbit hole too, but i'm not seeing him going as far into play along as hurd is...not that hurd is anywhere near as goofed in the head a s most of them, even when he is towing the party line

I had to laugh at the story about Dr. Hill at age 11 having her hair set on fire while she was taking a test.  She used her fingers to put it out and finished the test. She was unflappable even as a kid.  Wow.  I wonder if the story is true. 

One of big takeaway from these hearings is how much of an influence grifters and conspiracy nutjobs have in the GOP now. Someone like Alex Jones went from a low level freak show to someone who now gets millions of conservative listeners every day. The smearing of Yovanovitch which was the precursor to this ****show started initially on his show. And the entry of people like him wasn’t a warning sign, but now Fox et al compete for the same audience by stopping to its levels of insanity and fear mongering. 

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

One of big takeaway from these hearings is how much of an influence grifters and conspiracy nutjobs have in the GOP now. Someone like Alex Jones went from a low level freak show to someone who now gets millions of conservative listeners every day. The smearing of Yovanovitch which was the precursor to this ****show started initially on his show. And the entry of people like him wasn’t a warning sign, but now Fox et al compete for the same audience by stopping to its levels of insanity and fear mongering.  

Wasn't Sean Hannity in on the smearing as well? How has he escaped unscathed?

it's kinda mind-blowing to watch how terribly weak, child-level quality of a rebutting final statement to make his case at this ending to the wek and think how this is the best they can do---and c'mon, objectively it's pathetic---and beyond that, it will indeed be good enough because frankly, the way the right is now, he could just burp and fart for the time and gopers would laugh and call it witty and awesome and woning the libs

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Wait, so the defense is allowed to have strategy sessions with the jury?

It's not a criminal trial.  Which is also why the burden of proof won't be "beyond a reasonable doubt" it will be "beyond any plausible or implausible explanation, whether based on facts, innuendo or **** that 4chan just made up, or as far as the goalposts can possibly be moved, possibly to another galaxy."

Archived