Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

36 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I agree in the sentiment that im tried of being burned by pre-existing injury / potential players. More so, I agree that at the top of the 4th, id like to get another weapon. Its why Albert O is still my number 1 target at #108. While I do like Tyler Johnson, I loathe the idea that our TE core consists of Sprinkle/Rogers/Thomas/Hentges/Wilson. Thats an awful list. But I would still go with high upside players with elite potential at the bottom of the 4th over players like jags like Shane Lemieux. 

#108 Albert Okwuegbunam, TE

#142 Netane Muti/Prince Tega Wanagho 

#162 KJ Hill, WR 

If we miss out on tight end, what I would do is scheme around our weakness at TE by using Gibson as an H-Back.  We have (potentially) big roster strengths at receiver and especially running back, where we've got 8 or 9 players who are better than our best tight end.  So build a system where they're on the field instead of tight ends.  You're going to have a few problems slowing the rush, but you mitigate it with quick throws and run checks and our backs are good enough to create against unfavorable numbers.

This is where @volsmet's theory about building up the quality of our interior OL really becomes a major necessity.  So our TEs and OTs are weak and we want to compensate for this with a quick passing game and by running the ball, then we need guards and centers who are excellent.  The interior rush is the only thing that will have time to get home and we need consistent A and B gap holes and consistent pullers.

Just now, UKskins said:

**** off trent. 5th today and 3rd next year is ok

As poorly has Allen and then Trent and his dip**** agent handled this, I'll take it.

I do feel for Trent, I don't begrudge him. He stuck through some of the worst.

And there is his replacement. Charles is a Redskin

Archived