Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2019 Season Prediction Thread: What Will Be Our Record This Year?

zCommander

Record  

118 members have voted

1. 1. What Will Be The Record

Now that the draft is over and mini-camp is underway and Haskins has already connected with a WR for 30 yards.... 

I am just going to go on a limb here and say we will be 11-5 this year and win our 1st playoff game. My prediction reserves the rights to 2+ or 2- margin of error. :)

What do you say?

HTTR!

Absolutely still a .500 team at best in 2019.  The defense might be a bit better however the offense run by predictable Jay isn't going anywhere until he does something drastically different or is replaced. 

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

11-5.  This is a last place schedule, it just doesn't look like it because of the start.  Survive that, that defense is going to roll downhill the rest of the way.

Maybe roll downhill on fire straight to the first overall pick in 2020

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nonsense, Haskins gonna put some respeck on that name, too, watch.

That's hilarious. Haskins won't even play until after the season is over likely after the bye week unless they go 1-4 and Jay is fired for O'Connell.  I'd be more down with your expectations for 2020.

Last year I picked 6-10 so they exceeded expectations. This year they're just a .500 team and I picked 7-9 for a below expectation performance 

8 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Absolutely still a .500 team at best in 2019.  The defense might be a bit better however the offense run by predictable Jay isn't going anywhere until he does something drastically different or is replaced. 

Maybe roll downhill on fire straight to the first overall pick in 2020

With 4 different QB last year our record wasn't even good enough for the 1st overall record. With Keenum and Haskins you really think we will win just one 1 or 2 games. You are forgetting about our D and we still have Peterson and the unproven rook, Guise might still be a force to reckon with if he stays healthy for the whole season. 

Just now, TheShredder said:

That's hilarious. Haskins won't even play until after the season is over likely after the bye week unless they go 1-4 and Jay is fired for O'Connell.  I'd be more down with your expectations for 2020.

Life is a journey, make the most of it instead of rushing to what you hope are the good parts.

Haskins starts game 1, Case is garbage and Jay isn't going to risk his job on that.  It really is amazing how much he got out that team with 4 different QBs, I'm excited about the possibility of only having one again.

14 minutes ago, zskins said:

With 4 different QB last year our record wasn't even good enough for the 1st overall record. With Keenum and Haskins you really think we will win just one 1 or 2 games. You are forgetting about our D and we still have Peterson and the unproven rook, Guise might still be a force to reckon with if he stays healthy for the whole season. 

Every year at this time it's the same hope.  Guice isn't a force in the NFL. He's still an unproven rookie. Peterson is still worth 1000 yards but that was only worth 7-9 record. There's upside to the running game but only optimism. QB play could push .500 Past that it's highly unlikely that this team is ready to compete. Probably 2020.

9 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Every year at this time it's the same hope.  Guice isn't a force in the NFL. He's still an unproven rookie. Peterson is still worth 1000 yards but that was only worth 7-9 record. There's upside to the running game but only optimism. QB play could push .500 Past that it's highly unlikely that this team is ready to compete. Probably 2020.

That is why I said rook for Guice and hoping the force to be. :)

The way the draft went this year it makes you believe the push for playoffs is this year and not next.

I picked 5-11. That would be a break of Grudens propensity for 7-9 Jeff Fisher-ness, but I'm not liking the QB situation. 

We have a rough schedule out the gate, at the time of year where offenses generally struggle. Compound that by the fact we have as murky a picture at QB as any team in the league, and you have to imagine we are going to really struggle to score points. We do t have a lot of offensive firepower. Our defense should be better, but as we saw last year, it can't hold us up if we are only scoring 17 pts per game. 

It'll be a rough year. I just hope Haskins gets a chance to sit and learn for a while before he is thrown to the wolves. 

Did not vote, to many unanswered questions . O line questionable to say the least, when are the Skins going to sign Brandon Scherff? Haskins should just sit and learn. Proven fact, Rookies who sit for a year are better prepared to take the reins of the offense, ala, Farve / Rodgers or Alex Smith / Patrick Mahones.

Plus we have a question at Safety. Plus what about wide receivers, unproven group. Will Derrius Guice, Adrian Peterson, and maybe Bryce Love answer the bell at running back?

I know, we have some very young but very good talent and some great vets , I just hope the Skins coaching staff can put it together. Hail

1 minute ago, BTBIRD 227 said:

Did not vote, to many unanswered questions . O line questionable to say the least, when are the Skins going to sign Brandon Scherff?

Scherff is signed for this year. It's his option.

All the talk is about extending him beyond this year, not signing him for this year.

So his situation should not be a factor in predicting this year's record.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Scherff is signed for this year. It's his option.

All the talk is about extending him beyond this year, not signing him for this year.

So his situation should not be a factor in predicting this year's record.

I stand corrected. At the same time why is sighing Shreff such a major topic of discussion.

I understand the importance of keeping our own,  and at the same time are the Skins trying to gauge his interest in staying and how is Schreff responding to rehab on his injury .

I would think the health of our O line has a lot to do with our win / loss record for this 2019/2020 season. Hail

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Right?? We can easily beat the patriots!! Come on @bakedtater1, yee of little faith :P 

We will..wanna bet money on that skins Patriots game?..if ya get the Patriots in the first 7 weeks of the season your chances of beating them are alot better than in the back half of the season..

3 hours ago, BTBIRD 227 said:

Did not vote, to many unanswered questions . O line questionable to say the least, when are the Skins going to sign Brandon Scherff? Haskins should just sit and learn. Proven fact, Rookies who sit for a year are better prepared to take the reins of the offense, ala, Farve / Rodgers or Alex Smith / Patrick Mahones.

Plus we have a question at Safety. Plus what about wide receivers, unproven group. Will Derrius Guice, Adrian Peterson, and maybe Bryce Love answer the bell at running back?

I know, we have some very young but very good talent and some great vets , I just hope the Skins coaching staff can put it together. Hail

Didn't ben rothawhatever win a Superbowl his rookie year?

Archived