Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

On 5/31/2022 at 3:41 AM, Vanguard said:

He isn’t top ten because of the QB’s he’s played with.  If he wasn’t on this team we’d have nothing at wide receiver.

That's not leverage for him in a multi million dollar contract extension. Maybe you don't read my post and just argue whatever comes to mind. 

On 5/30/2022 at 6:17 AM, TheShredder said:

If him and his agent play hardball, then they can say well 'We'd consider paying you as the best WR in the NFL but you're not there yet. Maybe it is because you haven't had a good enough QB, but Wentz is here and if you want to wait then we understand.' 

This isn't an argument that gets you an extension, rather it gets you tagged after you play the year for 3M, instead of 23-24M. Or it gets you increases in performance incentives which WSH wants to pay.

Let's be honest, this team has had a terrible, awful offseason in the eyes of the national/local media and a majority of the fanbase.  We've had to deal with the constant off the field scandals of Dan Snyder, the terrible role out of the new team name and uniforms, doing nothing of note during free agency, trading for Wentz (in a move most in the media and some of our fanbase called desperate), and the news about our future stadium being the smallest stadium in the NFL (if it even gets greenlight at all).

The only thing that can brighten this offseason, is a new deal for Terry.  He's one of the only fan favorites on this team, and a Top 10 receiver when healthy.  He's played with this trashbag franchise for 3 seasons now, through 8 different QB's throwing him the ball, and all the dysfunction around him.  To not pay him, would just show how cheap this franchise is, and will show the other players on this team and other potential FA's that Washington doesn't reward and pay their own stars.  We can't suck AND be cheap, that's a deadly combination for a franchise that's hemorrhaging fans at an alarming rate.

4 hours ago, samy316 said:

The only thing that can brighten this offseason, is a new deal for Terry.  He's one of the only fan favorites on this team, and a Top 10 receiver when healthy.

If you can't sign a face of your rebrand, you got problems. Big problems

I expect it to get done, but its very annoying that it is not.

Pay That Man His Money GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 10:10 PM, TheShredder said:

That's not leverage for him in a multi million dollar contract extension. Maybe you don't read my post and just argue whatever comes to mind. 

Nah I think it is leverage.  We’ll see what he does with Wentz who’s probably the best QB he’s played with.

On 6/1/2022 at 3:06 PM, FootballZombie said:

If you can't sign a face of your rebrand, you got problems. Big problems

I expect it to get done, but its very annoying that it is not.

Pay That Man His Money GIFs | Tenor

Wishful thinking. I actually expect Terry to sit out until week 10/11- whatever week he has to come in to get credit for the season. He’s franchised for 2 years and then gone.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Wishful thinking. I actually expect Terry to sit out until week 10/11- whatever week he has to come in to get credit for the season. He’s franchised for 2 years and then gone.

If that happens then I don't wanna hear how it was all Bruce being the dumbass before. It's a Snyder thing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

That doesn't add up. He'll be throwing away over 20M for no reason. That would be foolish and McLaurin seems to be an intellectually mature young man.

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

That doesn't add up. He'll be throwing away over 20M for no reason. That would be foolish and McLaurin seems to be an intellectually mature young man.

Who says we are giving him 20 million this year.  I fully expect us to give a lowball offer.

11 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

There’s absolutely no way this happens.  I wish you would stop saying it.  

He would be giving up ~20M he would never get back.  

I’m not going to post the whole thing again, I’ve done it 4 or 5 times.  The gist is, if he plays on his current contract his total cash comp for the next 3 years (including 2 franchise tags) is ~ 45M.

Any long term deal will net him $65M minimum in cash over the next three years if you look at any comp.

He and his agent damn well know this and they are desperately trying to create leverage.  

He’s not giving up $20M dollars and then hitting FA when he’s 28.  It would be asinine to do that on his side.  His angent would never let that happen.

He’s going to get a deal.  He needs it more than the team needs to do it.

On 6/3/2022 at 8:03 PM, Vanguard said:

Nah I think it is leverage.  We’ll see what he does with Wentz who’s probably the best QB he’s played with.

Probably?

Wentz is unquestionably the best QB he’s played with snd it’s not close. Keenum, McCoy, Haskins (RIP), One Leg Alex, 16 plays of Fitzy, and TH.

Thats awful.

Even if Wentz is the 19th best QB in the league (I thinK he’s better than that) all the rest of the options are 25+ at best.  And a few shouldn’t ever play, they are backups….

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, TheShredder said:

As an intellectually mature young man he may also decide that can still make millions in the NFL, while also making moves to put himself in a position to  find success greater than his personal stat line. If he's intent on finding the best/shortest path to ring, that certainly ain't here. 

He could also just be tired of being associated with the drama and disfunction that comes with multiple sexual abuse scandals and financial malfeasance from ownership -- and is set on not resigning to this dumpster fire of a team where he has to play for a piece of human garbage like Snyder.

Personally, and I hope I'm wrong, I'm feeling like we see Terry play on the tag for 2 years and then move on the greener pastures. 

3 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

As an intellectually mature young man he may also decide that can still make millions in the NFL, while also making moves to put himself in a position to  find success greater than his personal stat line. If he's intent on finding the best/shortest path to ring, that certainly ain't here. 

He could also just be tired of being associated with the drama and disfunction that comes with multiple sexual abuse scandals and financial malfeasance from ownership -- and is set on not resigning to this dumpster fire of a team where he has to play for a piece of human garbage like Snyder.

Personally, and I hope I'm wrong, I'm feeling like we see Terry play on the tag for 2 years and then move on the greener pastures. 

If he felt that way his agent would already be using the local and national media to manipulate the situation to try to get him off the hook with us as quickly as possible (and into FA). That isn’t happening, even though we know he’s a smart dude and his agent is shrewd. Ergo, he is open to signing here for the right price. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The WR contracts have taken a staggering upturn, personally it does draw some questions on how much Terry is really worth. 22mil per year is a high investment at receiver.

That said, on balance, it feels like a must to pay him what he wants. Figurehead player at a key stage of an organisational relaunch.

I could definitely see Terry take a big gamble on himself this season, knowing he will have solid QB play and some other weapons around him.

Wouldn't shock me at all to see him go over 1,500 and 10 this year and then go get really paid by someone else.

After the abuse he took last season putting the offense on his back and getting straight murdered for it, I wouldn't blame him for going that route either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I could definitely see Terry take a big gamble on himself this season, knowing he will have solid QB play and some other weapons around him.

Wouldn't shock me at all to see him go over 1,500 and 10 this year and then go get really paid by someone else.

After the abuse he took last season putting the offense on his back and getting straight murdered for it, I wouldn't blame him for going that route either.

I agree. When a team goes all in on promoting you and put you on everything and talk you up as one of the major pieces every chance you get... then its on the team to step up. They can't exactly pretend he wasn't their highest priority (or second after getting a QB.)

Finish the damn bathroom!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I agree. When a team goes all in on promoting you and put you on everything and talk you up as one of the major pieces every chance you get... then its on the team to step up. They can't exactly pretend he wasn't their highest priority (or second after getting a QB.)

It's a Redskins Tradition kept alive through the rebrand!

cart-before-the-horse.jpg&ehk=%2B2SZy8pT

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

There is no way he can bet on himself.  If he does that he gets franchise tagged twice after playing for $2.7M this year. 

He gives up $20m which he will never get back by not sighing s long term deal this year.  

His only 2 options are to sign a LTD or demand a trade.  That’s it.  He’s not doing anything else.  

• Like 2

The question I have now is if he will participate in the mandatory parts of the off season.  

Voluntary stuff is fine to skip.  There is a mandatory mini camp in June.  Does he show up or skip that one.  

And obviously if he’s not signed by training camp, that’s mandatory and fines are not recoverable. 

This is going to get interesting.  The best way to stop it from getting interesting is to come to a deal. 

The only thing I think which could be a sticking point would be deciding on a comp.  I can see how it would be challenging if he was trying to set the market.  But if he’s somewhat reasonable, this shouldn’t be that hard. 

• Like 1

Who's to say the Commies even offer Terry a deal at all or what the current market for WR's is offering.  They could say, we'll just ride the season with Terry on the last year of his rookie deal.  If Jahan has a good year and Curtis bounces back; why spend that money on Terry.  If we have to franchise him in 2023; so be it.  I know you all think that the team will offer something shortly to Terry and they might but they could also just push this to 23 and could let Terry walk; if Jahan and Curtis do well. 

They have to prioritize where to give the big bucks to.  Do we give Terry the big dollars or hold that to pay for Sweat next year and then Chase?    With this team being headed by a defensive coach; they may prioritize the big dollars for defense except QB and go cheaper on offense. 

I could be dead wrong but if you don't see Terry signed to an extension  by the start of training camp; then I think this team will gamble on seeing if Jahan and Curtis can be the primary WRs and they will be able to move on from Terry in 23.   The longer a new deal doesn't happen; then I think this is what the team wants to do.

@88Comrade2000 if the team doesn’t offer him a contract he will demand a trade.  

He’s not playing on his deal.  

That would be a remarkably bad look for the team, they know it, and they are going to try and avoid yet another remarkably bad look.

A lot of the bad looks they’ve had recently are because of the past.  This would be on the current regime. They don’t want that, especially with going into the rebrand year and needing to win.

There is absolutely no way Terry plays on his rookie deal, and there is no way the team wants a press release from his agent demanding a trade.  

It will get done.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Who's to say the Commies even offer Terry a deal at all or what the current market for WR's is offering.  They could say, we'll just ride the season with Terry on the last year of his rookie deal.  If Jahan has a good year and Curtis bounces back; why spend that money on Terry.  If we have to franchise him in 2023; so be it.  I know you all think that the team will offer something shortly to Terry and they might but they could also just push this to 23 and could let Terry walk; if Jahan and Curtis do well. 

They have to prioritize where to give the big bucks to.  Do we give Terry the big dollars or hold that to pay for Sweat next year and then Chase?    With this team being headed by a defensive coach; they may prioritize the big dollars for defense except QB and go cheaper on offense. 

I could be dead wrong but if you don't see Terry signed to an extension  by the start of training camp; then I think this team will gamble on seeing if Jahan and Curtis can be the primary WRs and they will be able to move on from Terry in 23.   The longer a new deal doesn't happen; then I think this is what the team wants to do.

Not offering Terry a deal and a good deal is bad for several reasons. First off, I honestly thinks it impacts team morale. I mean if the team won't take care of its best player, of the player it repeatedly says is its best player, than how does any player think the team will take care of them? If this was a one off, then you can say, "Hey, it's the player," but this team has history of not rewarding its best players and letting them walk. Now, we can say that was mostly the last regime although this player technically let both Trent and Scherrf go (I think both were probably the right call btw, but it doesn't matter in this context.) So, the players look around and say, "Trent, best left tackle in the league thrown out with the garbage. Scherrf, "Top right guard and they couldn't get nothing done? Now, Terry? ****! This is a team where you make your name to leave."

Now, you can say "Jonathan Allen," but you can also say that Jonathan Allen was the exception that makes the rule.

• Like 1

If the team thinks they can generate excitement around the new brand by trading for a QB and winning some games, and they obviously do—it would be dead in the water before it even began if they didn’t re-sign McLaurin, or got into a drawn out Scherff-like face-off with him. They obviously will try or they’ll just lose more people in droves. What’s the point of rooting for a team that, even when they hit on a face of the franchise gem in the 3rd round, can’t keep its best players? Or refuses to? They’d be ****ed, and they know that. They almost have to overpay McLaurin the way they’ve used him as the face of the rebrand. 

• Like 2