Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Those were the days...(a pictorial)

9 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Glenn Brenner was The Man.  When he died, I was stunned (I had left the area and this was pre-modern internet).

Agree.  Growing up, my father worked long, hard days.  But every evening he and I would watch Glenn and my father would laugh.  It made me happy to see my father happy so I immediately took to Glenn.

Still watch clips of him youtube now and and can't stop laughing.  I especially liked it when the weather forecaster on Ch 9 would blow a snow forecast and Glenn would sarcastically mock the forecasts of snow that never materialized.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Glenn Brenner was The Man.  When he died, I was stunned (I had left the area and this was pre-modern internet).

When he died I was really upset because I knew they could not find a better sportscaster that could fill his shoes.

I remember watching his sports reports every night on Channel 9 because you never knew what funny thing might happen.

I ran in a 10 mile race in Williamsburg VA years ago and at the last mile I looked up and saw Glenn Brenner running so I started

talking to him for a few minutes then later saw him at the finish line.  He was so cool and talked to anyone who wanted his attention.

He was approachable and not egotistic.  Fast forward years later to a Channel 9 sponsored 10K race in D.C.  I got to talk with Sam Huff and Sonny Jurgensen.

Jurgy was smoking a cigar and talkative.  Sam was sort of gruff and you could tell he did not want to be there but since the race went right

in front of the Channel 9 studios I guess he had to be there for a while after the race ended.

• Like 1

A little before my time, but I am pretty sure that "those were the days" for someone.

An older gentleman, who bowled with my wife, gave us a bunch of old Skins stuff. Mainly programs and magazine articles. His Dad used to take him to games at Griffith Stadium, when he was a kid.  He also gave us a scrapbook that he made when he was a kid, full Skins pics and articles.

The pic of Sammy Baugh is autographed. Not sure if it's authentic,  but it looks cool.   These are in my Skins curio cabinet. I have a bunch of programs, and they're fun, and interesting, to read.

Check out the dates on this stuff.

20200416_210452.jpg

20200416_210504.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...