Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

Trade has been recorded. @Gibbs Hog Heaven and the Cowboys are on the clock

@WelshSkinsFan is on deck for 3 picks. 

11 minutes ago, LittleTinyUnbornBaby said:

After a long and strenuous draft process, late nights with coach Vrabel and our ruthless owner, Amy Adams Strunk, the Tennessee Titans GM regrets the confusion with Miami. Mrs. Strunk was furious with the lack of picks at the teams disposal and the holes that needed to be filled. This caused a mentally exhaisted and beaten GM to confuse talks with the Miami Dolphins and a team to be named.

With all of the being said the Tennessee Titans and GM LittleTinyUnbornBaby are pleased to announce the CONFIRMED trade with the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys are sending pick 213 and 223 to Tennessee in exchange for pick 208.

11 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

*TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT* 

The Dallas Cowboys send their 2nd pick in the 6th Round, the rounds 40th selection (Pick #213), and their 9th selection in the 7th Round (Pick #223), to the Tennessee Titans in exchange for Tennessee's 35th selection in the 6th Round. (Pick #208.).

Not quite the trade either party was expecting. (That wasn't the trade delay.) But circumstances change. 

This all now, probably for the last time in this draft, puts 

THE DALLAS COWBOYS ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail.

I am sat here writing this up honestly stunned I'm able to make this selection. The perfect answer to one of our biggest draft needs that I thought had slipped me by. We've SERIOUSLY considered our next selection since WAY back at the Cowboys original 3rd pick this draft. 4-128. But after considerable debate in the 'Boys war room, we continued to 'reluctantly' pass him up for other options on our board. Some that were as equally surprising as this when they fell into our lap and changed our course of direction.

But after seeing 2 TE's go in the last 7 picks, both excellent value for quality talent, we couldn't let him slip through our fingertips again so a move up similar to the very good one @skinny21 and the Texans just made to take Dax Raymond, a guy who was the top 4th Round TE on our board, at 6-204, was in order. And we want to add this piece to our arsenal SO badly that we're forgoing the extra 7th we picked up from the Bengals and reversing that trade. 

So, due to unforeseen circumstances and this all coming together quickly, here we are. 

And, thanking our lucky stars, it's with great pleasure, and a massive dose of luck, that we say .....

With the 35th selection in the 6th Round of the 2019 NFL Draft, and 208th overall, the Dallas Cowboys select 

TE. Isaac Nauta. Jnr. University of Georgia.

october-15-2016-georgia-bulldogs-tight-e

A Question? Anyone? 

Can someone explain to me just HOW one of the most complete TE's in this class is STILL on the board 208 picks in? Because as these picks have been falling, I honestly can't understand how someone of Isaac's undoubted quality has been repeatedly passed on? 13 times he's been overlooked for other TE's. I mean, we here at the Cowboys aren't bemoaning our fantastic look to bag such a quality steal this late in the draft. Just it's left us flummoxed and second-guessing ourselves that maybe we've missed something glaringly obvious that everyone else can see?

Was it the poor way he tested in Indianapolis with the below average times (4:91 in the 40/ 7:45 in the 3 Cone/ 4:43 in the Short Shuttle), short vert (28") and a mere 19 reps the bench? I mean he's a way better, faster player on tape than his horrible combine would suggest. But with that workout, I'd expect him to slide to the 3rd/ 4th Rounds. But not THIS far down!!!!!

Was it the fact, like most every WR/ TE that has played under Kirby Smart in his run-heavy scheme in Athens, his lack of production has put teams off? Even though he made the most of how under-utilized he was to great efficiency.

Is it his smaller size (6'3/ 244') for the position? Even though he's as physical as they come and grades out as the top blocking TE out of the SEC per PFF?

Has his young age (21) with only 3 years of college experience, coming out early, put teams off? Even though his coaches speak of him as a top locker room leader who's work ethic and dedication is unsurpassed by anyone on the Georgia squad?

Because, as eternally thankful as we are that he has fallen this far, we're all at a complete loss as to WHY a guy who was many's 3/4th best TE behind the Hawkeye duo can be had at the back end of Round 6?

Shrugs. 31 other teams folly is the Cowboys great fortune so onto what makes the Bulldog so exciting to all here in Frisco .....

The Need/ Player Background. 

As with our last selection and sorely needed RB depth behind Zeke, one of the very few areas the Cowboys are lacking is a future starting TE. The depth behind the return of future Hall of Famer Jason Witten is thin to be polite. With nobody we foresee as a viable long-term replacement for #82. Who, at 37 next month, isn't getting any younger. So, again, as with the addition of Travis Homer, bringing in a young man of just 21-years-of-age, who has all the traits to be a starting, complete, all around TE in the NFL who can learn for a year or two from one of the GOAT in Jason, whilst contributing from the off in his own right, is the picture-perfect situation for Dallas. 

And along with his aforementioned leadership and dedication to his craft, his back-story of the tough upbringing and his fight to get this point is a really interesting read for anyone interested- https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/tough-times-drive-5-star-isaac-nauta-to-be-great

Ala the one I added for our second selection Sean Bunting. ( sean-bunting-nfl-draft-central-michigan-football-life-of-an-underdog-chippewa-valley-scott-merchant-kim-murphy-chippewas-pro-day-story ).

The Player. 

Isaac, a 5-star recruit out of the private IMC Academy in Florida, was universally graded as the Nation's top TE prospect by most every recruiting agency coming out of the 2016 HS class where he ultimately opted for Georgia. And he certainly hit the ground running in Athens, earning all-American honours as the best true freshman TE in the Country. Outshining all his 2016 peers statistically. 

Receiving Rushing Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Rec Yds Avg TD Att Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career Georgia         68 905 13.3 8 0 31   1 68 936 13.8 9
*2016 Georgia SEC FR TE 11 29 361 12.4 3 0 0   0 29 361 12.4 3
*2017 Georgia SEC SO TE 8 9 114 12.7 2 0 0   0 9 114 12.7 2
*2018 Georgia SEC JR TE 14 30 430 14.3 3 0 31   1 30 461 15.4 4

As noted above, his opportunity's thereafter under Coach Smart, with all the great backs coming through Georgia, was limited. Like most typical collegiate TE's, Nauta was severely underutilised in the passing game and never consistently got the chance to showcase just how good of a pass catcher he can be. But, as exemplified in his very efficient Junior Year last season, he certainly made the most of the chances he did get. Through the 2018 season, he pulled in 30 receptions off just 35 targets for 430 yards and 3 TD's.  To finish his career as a Bulldog with a highly efficient 85.7% catch rate when targeted with 12.8 yards per targeted reception. 

Isaac is equally effective out of the slot or in-line with his athletic ability. He has fast play speed, which far belies the testing scores (reinforcing the Cowboy GM's mantra- 'TRUST THE TAPE!), allowing him to separate at all three levels and leads to him often finding the gaps between the LB's and safety's on his film reps. Throw in his soft hands, with many catches away from his body (which as mentioned on some of our other draftee's this class is a bonus whilst Dak fully develops his accuracy to be the true franchise QB we all hope he'll become), Nauta really is a serious pass-catching talent in the making out of the position. 

As mentioned previously, his blocking is already of a real high standard that should see him well entering the pro-arena. He's a real solid, physical,' flat back blocker.'  Namely, someone who get's into his man, keeps his back flat, and drives him backwards. Steering them where he wants them to go. And he's always working and hustling on the play. Often he's popping up 10/20 yards downfield using his sound base and anchor to extend plays with his in-space blocking. 

We feel he can add some bulk and get even stronger under our strength and conditioning programme. With his angular frame allowing for that without diminishing his game speed or athleticism. And his hand placement needs refining to round out an already really solid blocking core. 

To get a prospect as good as Isaac, at this late stage, to round out the Cowboys 2019 draft we could not be feeling more blessed.

Solid in-line blocker/ get's down the field/ runs routes underneath ..... the complete, well rounded TE package who impacts every aspect of the game at the position. And one who, when paired with Witten mentoring him, we fully believe will WELL outplay his (very surprising) draft status and be a worthy long-term successor to our great in the #82 jersey. Outside of the Iowa pair, there may well not be a more ready TE to slide straight over from college to the pro-game in this class. 

Welcome to the big State Isaac Nauta. 

THE CINCINNATI BENGALS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail.

3 minutes ago, LittleTinyUnbornBaby said:

@Gibbs Hog Heaven

And you took my guy lol! I had a feeling after making this trade you would take who I was looking at... haha, good pick and great value

Really? 

Oh my. What an utterly mad turn of events today has been. 

Sorry bud but I'm even more happy I moved up now knowing I'd have lost him. 

Hail. 

Today's useless facts- 

Nauta is the 100th Offensive player selected. With WR's leading the way individually at 29. And WR/TE's and the DB's collectively at 42.

We're up to 88 schools now having at least 1 player selected. (Alabama leads the way still with 11. Followed by Georgia and Ohio State with 8.).

And 21 different conferences have sent at least 1 guy to the pro's. 

The variety from the research and effort put into this by everyone has been brilliant to see. As the new guys will attest, this is a really draining process to commit yourself to when you do it properly. And as far as I can tell, everyone has. 

Credit to us all. 

Hail. 

I am going to be merciful and not drag this out too long, with 3 picks in a row I am going to go ahead and announce them all in this one post.  I would just like to say thanks to the preceding 10 GMs for not taking any of these guys since I finalized my decisions yesterday.  I trust this means that I am more perceptive than all of you and is not an indication that I am overvaluing trash 🤣

To kick things off.  With the 209th pick in the ES Mock Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select

Cameron Smith, ILB, USC

1225028607_CamSmith.jpg.915317cd2480b0ea815b34c835cbcbe9.jpg

The Bengals have many needs on defense and having addressed EDGE at the top of the 3rd with Oshane Ximines and traded back into the 4th to get some DL help with Chris Slayton it is now time to solidify the middle of our linebacking group.  Smith may not be a talent that jumps out at you but in a 4 year career at USC he has been a model of consistency, bouncing back from a serious knee injury in his freshman year to become a leader on the Trojans defense, earning first team PAC 12 honors in 2017 and earning second team honors in 2018 despite missing a few games.  Smith is a reliable and consistent tackler with the ability to read the game and diagnose plays at the line and the football intelligence to take smart angles in coverage to avoid being exposed.  He might not have the highest ceiling but his floor has him contributing in year one and once he finds his feet at this level he should be at worst a rotational player in the Bengals revamped defense and quite possibly an every game starter.

Next up.  With the 210th pick in the ES Mock Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select

Saquon Hampton, Safety, Rutgers 

Saquon.jpg.33b881880e1a3ef0b67e36450a33d3d5.jpg

Continuing the focus on rebuilding a defense that has become soft and slow in the final years of the Marvin Lewis era we are thrilled to add a player whose leadership skills and on field play should have seen his name called before the end of the third round.  Shoulder injuries might have contributed to the lack of draft buzz but Saquon is a real player earning team MVP honors in his Senior year and honorable mention in the All-Big Ten team.  Played close to the line he can be a ferocious tackler in run support but also has the ability to man cover tight ends on shallow routes , even playing as a linebacker in nickel and dime packages, his ratio of pass break ups and interceptions also demonstrates his skill at tracking the football and knack for being in the right place to make a big play.

Finally.  with the 211th pick in the ES Mock Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select

Kerrith Whyte, RB, FAU

kerrith.jpg.973aaf4586f12692521aaebe788e7081.jpg

Our retooled offense will certainly need production from the ground game and we expect most of this to come from Joe Mixon but behind him the cupboard is pretty bare.  Gio Bernard is an excellent 3rd down back but is never going to manage 20 carries between the tackles and we only have last years UDFA Quinton Flowers on our roster backing these 2 up.  Kerrith Whyte gives us an immediate high quality backup to Joe Mixon and a player who can not only chip in with a few carries per game but could carry the load as the lead dog in the event Joe is hurt or suspended.  The presence of Devin Singletary kept Whyte in a backup role at college but when asked to play he showed impressive burst and twitch at the line of scrimmage totaling 866 yards on only 134 carries in 2018 and also becoming a factor in the passing game.  He also logged a 4.36 40 at his pro day so he has the breakaway speed to turn plays into home runs.  Finally, and most significantly, he is a 6th round running back from FAU and we all know what they can do!

Thus concludes the 2019 Cincinnati Bengals draft, time for a few cold ones as I watch the 7th round play out.

4 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

With the first pick in the 7th round The Tampa Bay Bucs select

Jarrett Stidham QB Auburn.

Arians loses his Kangol over JS being available in the 7th. Underrated athletic and something to definitely work with. 

I was wondering how much further he would fall.  No way he lasts this far IRL. He goes 3rd 4th at the latest. 

Great get at this stage for this exercise. 

@Morrison J and the Jets are on the clock!

@Chump Bailey and the Raiders are on deck - I have a short list so:

@Redskin21502 and the Pats are up right after. 

Two guys available that are sticking out on my board as insane value. Neither in big positions of need but I may take one of them. 

The New York Jets select Penny Hart, WR, Georgia State. 

His size obviously a concern but can be a really good slot receiver imo. Nice insurance for the injury prone Crowder. 

AXQELMFNIWZRHYP.20181124233615.JPG

12 minutes ago, Lacesout said:

With the 216th pick of the ES Mock Draft, the KC Chiefs select: 

L.J. Scott, RB, Michigan State

57C00D88-2A3E-417C-AE45-4CB340CDCA72.jpeg

Really nice pick here. If he can stay healthy he will surprise a lot of people. Although he never rushed for 1000 yds, he did a lot for the State offense. Although a bit inconsistent showed he could pass blocking and is a very good pass catcher.    Good place to take a flier on him.  

Archived