Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

After failing to make the playoffs, the Padres may entertain trading Soto to get their payroll down.

Soto started slow, but heated up. His WAR has gone down the past two years, but he’s still a force at the plate. 

He’ll likely get close to $30M in arbitration next season. How much would someone give up for 1 year $30M? Where does he end up?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ball Security said:

After failing to make the playoffs, the Padres may entertain trading Soto to get their payroll down.

Soto started slow, but heated up. His WAR has gone down the past two years, but he’s still a force at the plate. 

He’ll likely get close to $30M in arbitration next season. How much would someone give up for 1 year $30M? Where does he end up?

Wish the Nats would get new ownership and then pay for him when he hits FA.

Seriously that trade was one of the worst I've ever seen.

To this day it can't be defended.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Need to head out but I'll just drop this:

The Soto deal was the Bailey to Denver for Portis deal. Yes the Redskins got good players in return. But they let go of a generational talent to do so.

Now it's yet to be determined how the trade pans out, but Washington basically didn't want to re-sign a great HOF corner. Guess what he did in Denver.

Getting the same vibes here. Not that Portis was bad here. He was good. But you gave up on Bailey because ownership was too stingy. Same here.

7 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

He has 3 other accusers still to deal with, right?  Plus the 1 accuser only settled (allegedly) because she ran out of money to pay her lawyers. 

I've got no idea.  I just saw his video on Twitter earlier.  Apparently the evidence that the one accuser was totally in this for the money is staggering.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've got no idea.  I just saw his video on Twitter earlier.  Apparently the evidence that the one accuser was totally in this for the money is staggering.

It’s all over Twitter.  He’s claiming that he got her text messages and a video from the morning after taken by her, while still in bed with him. In the video she is entirely injury free and smiling. If that’s all true, I imagine lawsuits will result from this. I believe they’re another major league pitcher involved somehow too? Might be a former player, but I can’t recall his name.

Edited by Destino

The Rays might have the most depressing ambience in all of sports.  Their stadium is such a dump, that it's hard for me to watch a full game, without getting disgusted.  If any team in sports deserves a new stadium, it's them.  By the way, they reportedly had only 19K at the Trop yesterday for Game 1 Vs. the Rangers.  It's the lowest attended playoff game since the 1919 White Sox.  I hope the Rangers sweep the Rays, so that we don't have to deal with looking at depressing crowd shots at the dump called Tropicana Field.  MLB must really despise the Rays, especially when they're in the playoffs, and the Yankees and Red Sox aren't.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

What an amazing season for Tampa to just throw away be getting swept in the WC round. Oh well.

I’m glad we don’t have to keep seeing the worst stadium in sports, with the weakest fanbase.  Good for the Rangers.