Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

We're about 2 weeks shy of being half-way through the 2023 season and only 5 of 15 NL teams have a + run differential. 4 of them are in the NL West.

The Central divisions are definitely disappointing so far this year.

I think it’s going to be interesting to see the differences in records by the end of the year now that the schedules are more balanced. How much less is a bad division propped up by playing so many games against itself? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

The Central divisions are definitely disappointing so far this year.

I think it’s going to be interesting to see the differences in records by the end of the year now that the schedules are more balanced. How much less is a bad division propped up by playing so many games against itself? 

And also how good is a division that used to beat up on itself. Maybe there are truly 4 playoff teams in the NL West.. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

And also how good is a division that used to beat up on itself. Maybe there are truly 4 playoff teams in the NL West.. 

And this is why scaling back divisional games from 18/19 to 12 works well with the expanded playoffs. Being in a super competitive division is less penalized while being second in a garbage can division is. 

50 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I feel bad for Oakland. Some good teams with great fans it would seem. All of that taken away in matter of years. 

We **** and moan a lot about local teams but at least we still have them. 

100% bad ownership and also what  Raiders owner Al Davis did to the Oakland Coliseum with Mt. Davis.   

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 9:42 PM, The Evil Genius said:

100% bad ownership and also what  Raiders owner Al Davis did to the Oakland Coliseum with Mt. Davis.   

It seems like A’s ownership wants to move come hell or high water. It’s a billionaire making a financial decision over what should be a public trust. He will probably sell a couple years after the cement is poured in the desert, gaining an extra few hundred million in the process. 

And Manfred continues to be terrible as commissioner, essentially carrying his water, blaming the city of Oakland. 

I hope a couple owners vote against the move but I doubt it. 

14 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Isn't that a long drive from L.A.? 😁

Ahaha yes it is. Got nothing else to do!

Nah I'm in DC right now on vacation, just found a random burger bar, gonna go have a big burger then head to the stadium. 4 hour drive....**** it. Never been to Pittsburgh. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 6/14/2023 at 8:49 PM, CobraCommander said:

I feel bad for Oakland. Some good teams with great fans it would seem. All of that taken away in matter of years. 

We **** and moan a lot about local teams but at least we still have them. 

There gonna be a lot of ominous sayings and figures of speech that relate to this going forward...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I heard Juan Soto sucks now, what happened to him over there? Why does he suck now?

You’ve been lied to. He doesn’t suck. Far from it. He has an OPS+ of 157, leads the league in walks, and currently has a 3.3 WAR. He may no longer command the $440M he was offered from the Nats. But he is far from the suck.

22 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

You’ve been lied to. He doesn’t suck. Far from it. He has an OPS+ of 157, leads the league in walks, and currently has a 3.3 WAR. He may no longer command the $440M he was offered from the Nats. But he is far from the suck.

Ah, ok. Can't trust anyone's opinion anymore...