Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

11 hours ago, tshile said:

I in no way wanted Houston to win. I hate Philli but the cheating thing will always be a stain to me. 

But I’m happy baker gets to walk away with a ring. By all accounts an incredibly awesome dude, and deserves to have the moment.

I think what makes it worse is that they were barely punished,

• Like 1

McGriff should be in. Murphy. ****, let Mattingly in, too. 

I used to be a "small Hall" guy where I thought only the absolute best of the best belonged. Inner circle guys only. 

But if they're going to let Baines in, ****it, it's pretty wide open.  And I LOVE Harold Baines, he was fantastic.  I don't think he deserved the raft of **** he got for being elected.  All that guy was through his career was quiet, humble and productive.  If not for bad knees, he'd have coasted past 3,000 hits and 400 homers.  But despite my personal feelings on the guy, he just didn't stack up.  

But if he's going to be in the Hall, all of those guys listed on the newfangled whatever the **** committee deserve to be in.  And the biggest travesty, the biggest name that's not on there that deserves to be in and should have been in a long, long time ago is Thurman Munson.  But that's another argument for another time. 

As we bicker and argue about who killed who, can we please refrain from the "Well they never failed a test!" defense of Bonds/Clemens/etc.? That's as flimsy an argument as saying  <<Insert Politician I hate with a sketchy as **** back ground here>> has never been convicted of anything.

Sorry, but as a casual fan, baseball looks like a cheater's club. The Astros hardly got any punishment for winning a world series while cheating. Hell, the players who retaliated against the Astros got a bigger punishment. Screw baseball, call me when the Nats make it to the playoffs.

On 11/8/2022 at 11:08 AM, Simmsy said:

Sorry, but as a casual fan, baseball looks like a cheater's club. The Astros hardly got any punishment for winning a world series while cheating. Hell, the players who retaliated against the Astros got a bigger punishment. Screw baseball, call me when the Nats make it to the playoffs.

Baseball has never been clean.

• Thumb up 1

• 2 weeks later...

eh, good for Trea. That deal is insane. Thought for his time of game, most teams would offer 4-5 years thinking around year 4 he will be slow and could play some 3rd.

Nats ownership and terrible roster aside. Wild to see how the Braves are doing it by signing their mid-20s players long term and the Phillies/Mets are going a bit or way older via FA.