Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

Also, tbh Guardians isn't bad, especially when you realize most yeam names are more about the message/history than its actual name.

I mean, there's a team named the Cubs... 

The ****ing Athletics...

The Mariners...

The Padres?

The Dodgers? What's a Dodger? Silver spooned 'Nam recruits that fake medical exam results? Yuppies that avoid retail?

You get the idea

They'll be fine

People were crapping all over OKC too, and then they got good, and all of a sudden people were bopping to "Thunderstruck "  by AC/DC and yelling "Thunder Up"

Same with the Heat, and Magic, to a far lesser extent.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Even worse, the Brooklyn Dodgers were originally the Brooklyn Bridegrooms. 😆

They didn't become the Dodgers until the 1930s (after changing their names several times in between). 

You're ****ting me

* Oh man, no you aren't. LMAO 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You're ****ting me

Nope. They were the Brooklyn Grays as a minor league team but then combined (married) with a few other minor league teams and joined the National League and were called the Bridegrooms. 

Old time names and current minor league team names are the best.

My favorite is the Rocket City Trash Pandas. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Nope. They were the Brooklyn Grays as a minor league team but then combined (married) with a few other minor league teams and joined the National League and were called the Bridegrooms. 

Yeah I just Wiki'd it. Lol. Guardians will do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 10:54 AM, The Evil Genius said:

Old time names and current minor league team names are the best.

My favorite is the Rocket City Trash Pandas. 

Check out the 1901 NL 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/NL/1901.shtml

Brooklyn Superbas  (I read that as super bras)

Boston Beaneaters

Chicago Orphans

5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Not being dismissive here... but if true, the Rockies uber Dinger fan story/uproar would have been hilarious 3 years ago. Not so much now that racial tensions are where they are.

If I’m the Rockies, I would probably think about changing the mascots name. If I’m Kieth Olberman and the like, I’d probably make sure I have all the info before I make statements that I am unwilling to admit I’m may be wrong.

2 hours ago, Yohan said:

If I’m the Rockies, I would probably think about changing the mascots name. If I’m Kieth Olberman and the like, I’d probably make sure I have all the info before I make statements that I am unwilling to admit I’m may be wrong.

I say change the name to 'The Mascot'

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Yohan said:

He's been Dinger for 27 years. No need to change..unless it's to something like Bagget or Dolores. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The Marlins dude’s response yesterday was pathetic

he took the question of what to think about the outraged drummed up over something that didn’t happen, and seamlessly pivoted to “well if it didn’t happen this time, the truth is it happens all the time”

surely if it happens all the time then there should be no issue finding players to confirm that? Finding some specific instances where it happened?

or maybe he’s so infatuated with racism he just finds it anywhere he looks for it?

• Haha 1