Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Hmmm... does one rhyme with Beveon Lell?

I still honestly believe the Bell thing is bunk.   It's one thing to pay Collins that coin at a position that is not paid that much in today's NFL we hear.   But teams aren't dying to pay backs either and Bell has mileage.   BUT, if we do extend Scherff, then Bell can come in to play.   Though I really don't see the point.   With Guice and even bringing back Peterson I think we'd be fine at back.

Just now, Art said:

I still honestly believe the Bell thing is bunk.   It's one thing to pay Collins that coin at a position that is not paid that much in today's NFL we hear.   But teams aren't dying to pay backs either and Bell has mileage.   BUT, if we do extend Scherff, then Bell can come in to play.   Though I really don't see the point.   With Guice and even bringing back Peterson I think we'd be fine at back.

Agree that it doesn't make sense, just trying to piece together your post w/ rumors that have been flying around.

I want to see LB, FS, WR and edge rushers addressed via FA/draft and a trade for Rosen (if available).

1 minute ago, Art said:

With Bell being out if football for a year, i would not give him more than 5 mil on a one year prove it deal.

7 minutes ago, Art said:

I was surprised Landon Collins wasn't a splash article on the front.   It's a big signing and signals something few expected.   Watch for more coming.   At least two more pretty substantial moves.   

You guessing or have sources told you this, Art?

holy **** that’s a lot of bread. But that is a huge signing for us, hopefully he can change the culture around here. Alabama flying all over our defense, Rueben foster up front to solidify the linebacker core. Could be a sneaky good defense, I wonder what this means for Norman or other players eating up cap space 

He's expensive and don't love spending crazy money at SS.   But at the same time, they need high end impact players.   Collins is that IMO.   They have IMO too many average-good  players not and not enough pro bowlers.  Collins is actually an All Pro and big time leader, too.  

Also I agree with Sheehan's point below. Dan couldn't sell an off season with their typically ho hum signings.   That point I don't care about personally.  But as I've said on other threads, I don't think there is any question that the lack of marquee names on this squad has hurt them as to maintaining interest with casual fans. 

3 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

With cash the cap basically doesn’t exist. Snyder has cash. 

Mosley to be announced soon 

This is right.

We have a lot of players carrying huge cap numbers.   If we're again active in free agency with the reported Collins numbers it means we're simply converting Williams and Kerrigan and Norman and Scherff to something other than base this year.    We have all the money we want if the owner wants to spend it.   I had questioned whether Snyder still would given the decline in optimism and attendance and interest around his team and ESPECIALLY so in a world where NO ONE ON EARTH can really be all that happy with the thought of Gruden and Manusky here.   But here we are.

This does mean Smith won't have any acceleration this year, so he'll be IR'd not cut, as if he retired due to injury we'd have been strapped.

4 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Not much of that has anything to do with becoming a contending tackle football team.

Agreed, I am not thrilled with the move, and I am not defending overpaying for a player to try and get the fanbase off their back due to years of mismanagement.  It only puts us in a worse situation in the long run.   

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Ladies and gentlemen your Washington Crimson Skins!

I do think it would be fun to buy a Bama jersey and wear it to a Skins home game.   I'll do that this year for the lulz :).

1 minute ago, Art said:

This is right.

We have a lot of players carrying huge cap numbers.   If we're again active in free agency with the reported Collins numbers it means we're simply converting Williams and Kerrigan and Norman and Scherff to something other than base this year.    We have all the money we want if the owner wants to spend it.   I had questioned whether Snyder still would given the decline in optimism and attendance and interest around his team and ESPECIALLY so in a world where NO ONE ON EARTH can really be all that happy with the thought of Gruden and Manusky here.   But here we are.

This does mean Smith won't have any acceleration this year, so he'll be IR'd not cut, as if he retired due to injury we'd have been strapped.

I have more than one family member who has, or is currently, running the cap for NFL football teams. Little did I know, their jobs were meaningless. The cap is largely meaningless.

The things I pick up here rarely cease to amaze. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Haha and Collins I recall reading are super close friends. 

Not a Ha Ha fan.  He played horrible last year.  I'd rather give the money for him to Mosely.  JMO.  :)

Archived