Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

21 minutes ago, MEANDWARF said:

Just heard an interesting theory from Michael Jenkins and Tim Murray Youtube video that Casey Keenum may be use in a package to bring Josh Rosen here from Arizona. Sounds far fetched, but unique! 

That was semi stated about.  I don't see Bruce having the ability of a multi-layered long con like that but if that happened I would applaud the dbag.  🤣

I'm no scientist... but if this Case Keenum deal goes through, won't we be left with essentially pennies to spend in FA?  We'd have something like $45M tied up in QBs with Case and Colt to show for it. Not exactly a winning formula. Still, I can't help but get in the flow of the usual Redskins offseason optimism.

I wouldn't give a 5th for AB.  he is a cancer, he will take up significant cap room, and he is in his thirties.  These types of acquisitions are the reason we can't ever get over the hump.  How is AB going to react when he has 800 receiving yards on a 6-10 team.  I don't want him killing a positive culture that we are trying to establish.  Just say no to AB.  

42 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I'm no scientist... but if this Case Keenum deal goes through, won't we be left with essentially pennies to spend in FA?  We'd have something like $45M tied up in QBs with Case and Colt to show for it. Not exactly a winning formula. Still, I can't help but get in the flow of the usual Redskins offseason optimism.

The deal for Keenum has the Skins paying him $3.5m for one year. That is it. Less than most of the QBs on the market will get this year.

Just now, SemperFi Skins said:

Damn, terrible trade for the Browns. Vernon overpaid, Giants get out of that contract and get one of the best Guards in the game...

Agree.  It makes me think of one of my debates with some people who discard everything the Giants do on the premise that the Giants O line will be bad in perpetuity.  Will Hernandez who they drafted last year is a stud.  Now they have another stud guard.  They are working on fixing their O line.  We can't count on the idea that their O line will be bad forever.  Last year if I recall they were ranked 21st on PFF so at least according to their metrics I presume this acquisition makes their O line at least average.  

Some really good free agents this year. I wish Bruce want such a tightwad. He prefers to pay inflated contacts to mediocre players, but won't pay decent market average ones for better talent.

Not crying for the return of the deion fa signing days, but there are some really good players in their prime available who could really help things around here.

Many of the players released today were part of the 2016 & 2017 free agency classes. Meaning, those UFAs signed next week stand a good chance of being released 2-3yrs from now. This is why 2yr & 3yr Cash are far more important metrics than the large APYs you'll hear next wk.

A couple of things to remember as teams -- including the #Redskins -- ponder releasing players to clear cap space. Clubs can only designate two players as post June 1st designated releases and the cap space created cannot be used until June.

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Jags releasing DT Malik Jackson, RB Carlos Hyde, RT Jeremy Parnell, and S Tashaun Gipson  - Great year for teams who need a starting safety in free agency

I recall going on for weeks about how we should get Parnell from the Pukes. I'm actually depressed to see he has had 4 seasons with the Jags. My God, time flys.

Archived