Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker


Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

For some reason, apparently the Giants were offered a 1st round pick for Collins...and they declined lol...

 

So just throw that into the mix.

Here's the tweet, in case it wasn't posted...

 

Got to imagine that team will be all over him in FA. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Guess we should remember that we only have a reported approx 16mil in cap space. In reality that means we've only got 8-10 we'd want to utilise now. Collins would easily eat away 2/3rds of that.

 

So, we simply have to make some roster/contract moves. I'd suggest at least two players on significant contracts will need to be moved on, either cut or traded, or we see a raft of contract restructures. 

 

Dont see how we can retain all of Norman,Reed, Z Brown, Davis, Kerrigan on their current money.

I would release everyone on your list apart from Kerrigan.  Free's up around 24m cap space. 

 

HTTR 

 

 

What's the hold up with the new deal for Brandon Scherff, thought they would have had it sorted by now. 

 

HTTR 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kind of souring on Collins, honestly. It's not exactly a secret that he's a liability in coverage. I know he'd be playing SS, and not FS, but I think it might be a good thing to sign a safety that can cover, especially if we're going to have to fork over $10-12M per to sign him. No safety is worth that kind of money if they can't even lock down RB's and TE's.

 

For similar money, I'd rather have Earl Thomas/Weddle.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

I'm kind of souring on Collins, honestly. It's not exactly a secret that he's a liability in coverage. I know he'd be playing SS, and not FS, but I think it might be a good thing to sign a safety that can cover, especially if we're going to have to fork over $10-12M per to sign him. No safety is worth that kind of money if they can't even lock down RB's and TE's.

 

For similar money, I'd rather have Earl Thomas/Weddle.

Earl Thomas is going to break his leg for the Dallas Cowboys. i'll pass!!!!

Weddle, maybe, depends on the asking price.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

This is a trade I would make, depending on the cost...

 

https://nfltraderumors.co/browns-could-also-move-on-from-g-kevin-zeitler/

 

Browns G Kevin Zeitler possibly on the trade block...

 

It doesn't make sense for the Browns to trade a G like Zeiter unless he's included in a package deal to get someone big in return.  G/C/G combos are important, especially for a shorter QB like Mayfield.  They won't trade him just because they like Corbett.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Earl Thomas is a much better football player than rest of the safety market. If going to spend, get the future hall of Famer on a contract that pays him big money in first two years with ability to get out easily after. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, drowland said:

 

It doesn't make sense for the Browns to trade a G like Zeiter unless he's included in a package deal to get someone big in return.  G/C/G combos are important, especially for a shorter QB like Mayfield.  They won't trade him just because they like Corbett.  

 

New GM, they don’t want to pay his salary... at least that’s what the article makes it sound like

Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be the year of Safety or something...

 

Makes a lot of sense.

-Joyner (fits, but pricey)

-Amos (fits probably the best)

-C. Geathers (more of a SS only; No)

-Glover Quinn (fits well; might want to be on a contender)

-Darian Stewart (fits well)

-Adrian Phillips (stud this year only, young--sounds like Bruce signing)

Edited by HigSkin
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

 

New GM, they don’t want to pay his salary... at least that’s what the article makes it sound like

 

They only save $1.7M in cap and would have to eat $7.2M.  Releasing Collins I get.  He was a good LB getting paid elite LB money and they saved almost $10M in cap space.  Zeitler's playing to his contract.  Again it only makes sense if they're getting someone equal in return, like Dee Ford who Dorsey drafted in KC.  

 

Edit: saw your post, or a package deal for OBJ, and maybe they'd take Oliver off their hands as well.  

Edited by drowland
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

And I’m going to go out on a limb and say the Browns are going all in for Odell Beckham...

 

just a hunch ;)

 

prime opportunity to get Zeitler

 

I saw this was the big rumor yesterday and it's got all the Browns fan slobbering over news.  😂 

 

Wouldn't surprise me.  It does really weaken an NFC east team so that's good!

 

 

Edited by HigSkin
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

1st round pick for Collins and they said no? Baloney. Fake news.

 

If you recall, the Skins were offered a 1st round pick for Patrick Ramsey...twice...by two different teams...and we said "No" both times lol.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

If you recall, the Skins were offered a 1st round pick for Patrick Ramsey...twice...by two different teams...and we said "No" both times lol.

 

so instead we didn't protect him and got him murdered and ruined his careers.  Makes sense.  Thanks Ball Coach.  5-11, Not too good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

 

so instead we didn't protect him and got him murdered and ruined his careers.  Makes sense.  Thanks Ball Coach.  5-11, Not too good.

 

IIRC it was Gibbs who turned down trade offers for him.  Ole' Ball Coach didn't really want him to begin with.  He was content with his former Gators.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, drowland said:

 

IIRC it was Gibbs who turned down trade offers for him.  Ole' Ball Coach didn't really want him to begin with.  He was content with his former Gators.  

 

really?  I guess you're right since StevO loved him some former gators in Danny and Shane.  But we did have Ramsey with him, prob just in his 2nd year. 

 

Why would Gibbs keep Ramsey then trade up for mediocre Jason Campbell?   God was a hot mess this QB position has been since Gibbs 1.0.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, drowland said:

 

IIRC it was Gibbs who turned down trade offers for him.  Ole' Ball Coach didn't really want him to begin with.  He was content with his former Gators.  

 

I think the first trade offer was by the Bears in 2002, before Gibbs. But they offered a 2nd round pick and the Skins wanted a 1st. And this was before Ramsey ever played a down for the Redskins lol...I think the next offseason the Bears made another attempt and that time they offered a 1st (I think), which the Skins decided to turn down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RabidFan said:

 

really?  I guess you're right since StevO loved him some former gators in Danny and Shane.  But we did have Ramsey with him, prob just in his 2nd year. 

 

Why would Gibbs keep Ramsey then trade up for mediocre Jason Campbell?   God was a hot mess this QB position has been since Gibbs 1.0.

 

Gibbs saw more value in having Ramsey as a backup to Brunell then draft picks.  Gibbs always valued veteran players over draft picks.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...