Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Paul Richardson and Josh Doctson?

Paul Richardson hurt his shoulder in camp.  He was never 100% and played hurt, actually landing multiple times on an injured shoulder.  He gets open.  He catches the ball if it's close enough and I don't think you can fully grade PR off of the 2018 tape. 

Doctson... watching the tape, Josh started to show a little more aggressiveness at times.  Made some nice grabs in the slot.  Maybe he gets more slot assignments moving forward as he can't get any separation.  Then, RedZone jump balls.

Skins need someone they can target on the outside.  They must have someone that can separate over the top.  There's nobody available in FA that can do that now.  You're not going to solve the problem for this in the draft with a rookie for 2019. 

Basically when they get behind they're going to lose.

3 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Paul Richardson hurt his shoulder in camp.  He was never 100% and played hurt, actually landing multiple times on an injured shoulder.  He gets open.  He catches the ball if it's close enough and I don't think you can fully grade PR off of the 2018 tape. 

Doctson... watching the tape, Josh started to show a little more aggressiveness at times.  Made some nice grabs in the slot.  Maybe he gets more slot assignments moving forward as he can't get any separation.  Then, RedZone jump balls.

Skins need someone they can target on the outside.  They must have someone that can separate over the top.  There's nobody available in FA that can do that now.  You're not going to solve the problem for this in the draft with a rookie for 2019. 

Bull****..........Screen pass to CT on third and 15 to take to the house.  Championship!

Related image

51 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I am meh on the AP signing... 2 years/raise for a 33 year old back....   I would rather see what Guice Marshall Bibbs and Perine can do.  Follow the obvious trend of the rest of the league and roll with kids. Instead, we'll risk our young backs to the PS.

IIRC he was upset that he lost the starting job to Ingram and Kamara. I hope he is OK with a backup role.

I love the AP signing and see him as a key piece to our offense, especially early in the season. Let Guice ease back in and then unleash him as the games get bigger during the season. AP in the Fall, DG in the winter....with CT sprinkled in all the way. Perine does nothing for me.

In todays NFL you need 2 quality RBs that can carry the load.. Skins now have 2 + an often injured game breaking RB. That should make the team feel good.

Plan looks to be similar to last year.. play great D and run the ball well. Pass only when you have to. 

If the team stays healthy there is some potential here

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yep, I would post the tweet but this site gives me issues trying to do so.  He's meeting with them 2night and 2morrow.  Skins are going to have to up their ante to get him.  Man, this ticks me off!  I wanted a Bama reunion between the two Coliins and Ha Ha.  Get Boston now I guess.,

How about Eric Berry? Or is he a strong safety like Collins?

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

I am meh on the AP signing... 2 years/raise for a 33 year old back....   I would rather see what Guice Marshall Bibbs and Perine can do.  Follow the obvious trend of the rest of the league and roll with kids. Instead, we'll risk our young backs to the PS.

IIRC he was upset that he lost the starting job to Ingram and Kamara. I hope he is OK with a backup role.

AP's 2 years 8 million dollar deal is really just a 1 year 2.5 million deal. Don't really see a problem with it.

24 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

On the video I posted weeks ago in the Kirk Cousins thread, the two guys doing the podcast or whatever mentioned intangibles like leadership, work ethic, approach to the game, etc...one of them said something like "You are absolutely nuts if you don't think things like leadership and toughness don't matter (as much as stats)", and the other guy said one of the advantages they have over most fans is that in their position, they get to constantly be in the locker room and see the effects of leadership and interaction between players, and how it translates to the field and games. In other words, fans understand intellectually and theoretically that these types of intangibles matter, but can't possibly know just how much they can affect a team's performance because they don't see the things that go on behind the scenes on a daily basis. From everything I've heard and read about both Alex Smith and Adrian Peterson, they have it in spades.

Love all this and believe in it 100%. I’ve spent time coaching high school basketball for years and establishing a winning culture is unbelievably valuable, especially when you think about the day in and day out process of it all. 

Im with you, both guys AP and Smith displayed authentic and genuine intangibles earned through hard work, ups and downs, maturity, and how each are individually wired. Unique stuff, IMHO. 

24 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Fans think a guy like DJ Swearinger is a "leader" because he's "holding his teammates accountable"...in the press lol. Guys like these two podcasters/radio hosts would see how the actions of a player like DJ are truly affecting the locker room and his teammates. They would hear about all the ways players gravitate to someone like Alex Smith and what effect it has...and how the young RBs prepared differently with AP in the fold than when it was just Fat Rob and Perine doing it themselves while Chris Thompson continued his almost annual rehab. 

Yes, I liked DJ and appreciated his energy in games when rest of unit appeared to be dragging. His style of leadership seems like  it wears thin with some during rough times. He’d be better served as 2nd or 3rd in command, not being the leader. 

43 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I haven't checked lately but I recall weeks back the Redskins were considered the 2nd worst team in the NFL by most Vegas odds makers -- Dolphins usually last.  I guess on that one we leapfrogged them to the bottom.

Personally right now it feels more like a 6-10 roster as opposed to 2-14 as that odds maker is essentially predicting.    Keep in mind statistically speaking we have the easiest schedule in the NFL next season. 

I do like the Collins signing.   I am ok with the Keenum signing, too.  But on the aggregate they still have plenty of holes.  O line -- LG, depth.  Edge rush.   Weapons in the passing game. QB.   But FA isn't over with.  And the draft is still to come.

As I said before about FA, the off season is no lose for me.  If by chance they upgrade the roster and surprisingly become a playoff team -- that's great.  If they don't and its the same old same old or worse -- I think we got a good shot at a needed reboot in 2020.  If its a choice between take 2-14 and 7-9 -- I'd choose 2-14 any day especially when you got a loaded draft at QB coming up.  See the Cleveland Browns.    

IF they go TE high in the draft maybe we can imagine it as both helping the o-line and WR positions.   You have talked about wanting to draft a TE high before and I am warming to the idea quickly.

We might have to get creative if we want to pretend we are filling all these holes. haha

39 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

I agree with all of this. I like Deebo Samuel in the 2nd for us. A WR that provides JUICE... that explosive..quick athlete. A playmaker. He has better size then marquise "Hollywood" Brown who I like..but due to size I feel like Deebo would be the better value. This is why I'm on board with either a WR early and late or..my real preference would be a TE who can help in the run game and catch passes.. ala  TJ Hockenson (thanks sip!) And a WR. we need weapons..healthy ones!

11 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

I agree with all of this. I like Deebo Samuel in the 2nd for us. A WR that provides JUICE... that explosive..quick athlete. A playmaker. He has better size then marquise "Hollywood" Brown who I like..but due to size I feel like Deebo would be the better value. This is why I'm on board with either a WR early and late or..my real preference would be a TE who can help in the run game and catch passes.. ala  TJ Hockenson (thanks sip!) And a WR. we need weapons..healthy ones!

39 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

How about Eric Berry? Or is he a strong safety like Collins?

Berry is pretty versatile, not the very best at any specific assignment but there is nothing that a Safety does that he is bad at which is why when fit and productive many considered him the best Safety in the game.  The issue is he is the wrong side of 30 and has played a grand total of 3 games over the last 2 seasons.  He won't be cheap and you are going to be gambling that he can stay healthy and be the player he was in his prime.  Those kind of gambles rarely work and when you factor in our luck with players with an injury history I would rather pass.

13 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

That's the kind of pick that could produce on ST as a returner and grow into a valuable asset. 

Definitely like it. 

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

That's the kind of pick that could produce on ST as a returner and grow into a valuable asset. 

Definitely like it. 

Deebo is good but what about Isabella from UMass.  I think he has star potential.

2 hours ago, Bang said:

Not to pick, but didn't this thread usually have the tracker updated on the opening post?

trying to find the Clinton Dix news

~Bang

Gonna have to go back to around 1998 for that Bang

2 hours ago, Bang said:

Not to pick, but didn't this thread usually have the tracker updated on the opening post?

trying to find the Clinton Dix news

~Bang

Gonna have to go back to around 1998 for that Bang

44 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Post youtube highlights when throwing out a prospect...pretty easy and we can all take a look.  Cheers!

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.
It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post,you can simply highlight text, click the popup that floats over it, and it just quotes that text.  When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

I haven't been able to post/attach videos, tweets in the past on this site but can no longer do it.  I can on other sites but not on ES.  I would if I could.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I haven't been able to post/attach videos, tweets in the past on this site but can no longer do it.  I can on other sites but not on ES.  I would if I could.

just click the SHARE link on youtube and copy the link and paste the link in the post.  It will automatically show the video.  👍

Archived