Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Dodgers appear to be out of the Harper sweepstakes.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25841813/dodgers-land-free-agent-outfielder-aj-pollock

Free-agent outfielder A.J. Pollock and the Los Angeles Dodgers have agreed to a four-year deal, league sources confirmed to ESPN.

The Athletic first reported the agreement. The total value of the deal is $55 million and has a player option for a fifth year at $10 million, with a $5 million buyout, sources told ESPN's Buster Olney.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

When he sent Werth in the playoffs and he was out by 40 ft.....

It was a terrible send, on it's face. But what was more likely--a bad throw or Espinosa making any contact, let alone a base hit there?

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

Kolko was great as the sideline reporter because he had his quarks, hopefully this girl is like kristina who i miss!

The best thing he has was the rapport with the players--interviews with Max, Werth, and Rendon come immediately.

48 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

When he sent Werth in the playoffs and he was out by 40 ft.....

I get that the org loves him, just make him the bench coach or something.

I put alot of Eaton getting hurt on him. my memory could be off, but I'm pretty sure he hurt that ankle on a bad send

18 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I put alot of Eaton getting hurt on him. my memory could be off, but I'm pretty sure he hurt that ankle on a bad send

No, not really. He scored on the play and his ankle just caught a cleat. Not that I'm a Sendly apologist...

Throw back to when the Nationals were run by a Bruce Allen-level moron.

This is what makes the Lerner's different--they were saddled with an incompetent boob by MLB (and probably hung onto him far too long). But they surrounded him by smarter people: Rizzo and many FO execs like Roy Clark, et al.

I honestly don’t even care, only liked Harper because he was a Nat, always knew he was only about him, he never wanted to be here in the first place. 

I would rather keep Trea, Rendon, Max, build the bull pen, get what we need to make a deep playoff run. 

Maybe im to much of an old school fan but I would rather ride with guys that want to be here vs guys who only want money, it baffles me that there are teams with players who win championships at all levels that the superstars take less to sign better role players to win championships, yet it seems like a foreign concept to people like Bruce Harper, Desean Jackson, etc. it shows me they don’t really want to win a title they just want money, and while that’s fine, I just don’t respect it and it’s not how you win the big one. 

• Like 1

Harper for a ten year vet min + incentives contract.

On 1/25/2019 at 11:56 AM, Warhead36 said:

Jim Bowden...lol man can you believe that at one point in time the teams in this city were run by Vinny Cerrato, Ernie Grunfeld, AND Jim Bowden? Its like this town attracts incompetence(see: current White House).

Hey, at least we upgraded to Bruce Allen and kept Ernie...

Never mind.