Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

So...Pea**** started game 6, their last bullpen game. He's already been used tonight. If Cole doesn't go tomorrow, maybe Urquidy starts? I have no idea. 

yeah they said him already.  Ross probably can finish this game for us if he keeps 0 up.  

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

yeah they said him already.  Ross probably can finish this game for us if he keeps 0 up.  

As much as I've **** talked Corbin tonight, I do like his chances against the Astros bullpen after they've been worked tonight. 

Just now, skinfan2k said:

I'm pretty sure it was in the high 70s for that series. 

At Nats Park? Maybe. But the Busch Stadium games were chilly. 

Regardless, they've been able to get key hits even in the cold. They just suck tonight. 

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I'm pretty sure it was in the high 70s for that series. 

Game one was in the 40’s.

Also, not to second guess Davey BUT if we knew he was gonna trust Ross to give us multiple innings gotta question why he let Sanchez bat with RISP his last AB.

Edited by -JB-

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Game one was in the 40’s.

Also, not to second guess Davey BUT if we knew he was gonna trust Ross to give us multiple innings gotta question why he let Sanchez bat with RISP his last AB.

He didn't know that. It was 2-1 in the bottom of the 4th with Greinke reeling. Sanchez blew it by not getting a bunt down; no one in their right mind dumps their starter after 4 innings with one out and a man on third unless their bullpen is the focal point of the team. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bacon said:

He didn't know that. It was 2-1 in the bottom of the 4th with Greinke reeling. Sanchez blew it by not getting a bunt down; no one in their right mind dumps their starter after 4 innings with one out and a man on third unless their bullpen is the focal point of the team. 

Joe Ross is a guy to give you multiple innings since he’s a natural starter.  I’m not saying it was a no brainer to pinch hit for Sanchez, just an option.  Especially considering Nats couldn’t get anything going with guys on base.  Sanchez also didn’t have his best stuff tonight.  He was getting hit hard & guys were getting on each inning.  Also, Expecting to bunt Sanchez to get the run home was a bit of a stretch.

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1