Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Giving a lefty that's been awful to a team of righties 

Rhey haven’t seen a lefty in a while.  

And Corbin could have a really good outing .  He’s very good and is due.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Nah I'll pass

Fernando Rodney is on the mound...

Pass the tequila. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Maybe but the Astros will be throwing out a bunch of bullpen guys. Hopefully well actually get some offense. 

They'll throw out Cole tomorrow and try to get the advantage. 

Which could backfire terribly, I'll admit. 

1 minute ago, stoshuaj said:

As resilient as this team has been, there’s some lame ass commentary in here right now.

This is a fair post. But it's baseball. Sometimes a game just doesnt go right. It happens. No way anyone was expecting a sweep in the series regardless. 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This is a fair post. But it's baseball. Sometimes a game just doesnt go right. It happens. No way anyone was expecting a sweep in the series regardless. 

Correct, they may lose this one but to some of the commentary being 3 runs down in the 6th, you’d think it was a foregone conclusion.  Think this squad would have earned a little more heart from their fanbase

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bacon said:

3.5-4 runs per game is average for an MLB team, so if your starter gets you 2/3rds of the way there and your relievers only give up 1 more, it's "quality." A colloquial term but a decent rule of thumb. 

Sanchez was average tonight. He likely won't be the one to cost us this game if we lose. 

I don’t know. Giving up 4 runs in 16 outs is not a good night IMO. Yes we have been spoiled and 4 runs isn’t insurmountable but he was definitely off tonight 

• Like 1

Just now, Metalhead said:

Some of you guys are posting like you've never watched baseball. Sure you can try a reverse jinx but odds are you are making the jinx lol.

I'm mostly frustrated by the awful fielding. Like yeah, lose one to a great team, but don't play like dog**** with the fundamentals.

• Like 2