Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

3 hours ago, -JB- said:

Juan Soto's bases-clearer increased the Nats' odds of winning this round by .610. By series win probability added, that's the 3rd-biggest play in major league history.

Only Hal Smith's 3-run homer in 1960 WS Game 7 and Francisco Cabrera's walkoff in the 1992 NLCS rank higher.

Wow.

What about Joe Carters walk off Hr in 1993?

6 hours ago, Bacon said:

Thank God we had Hudson to send them off into the night. I want to say he's going to be one of our most important players for the rest of the month.

Only issue with Hudson is that he really needs rest to be at his most effective. Feel like his quality drops if we need him for consecutive nights.

5 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

So my Braves friend has been bitter all morning.  Like he absolutely hates the Nats.  Like I don’t really hate the Braves.  I hate the Phillies.  Do you all hate the Braves cuz I definitely don’t share the same hate of the Braves that he has for the Nats.

McCann and the fans make them hateable. The rest of the team i either like or respect

18 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

So my Braves friend has been bitter all morning.  Like he absolutely hates the Nats.  Like I don’t really hate the Braves.  I hate the Phillies.  Do you all hate the Braves cuz I definitely don’t share the same hate of the Braves that he has for the Nats.

No one hates a team as much as the Braves hate the Nats. I actually hate the Mets and Phillies more--but goddamn--it's viceral with the Braves. They are obsessed with the Nats.

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

I love how after about the 4th inning, the Brewers were smiling, laughing and walking around like this game was already in the bag. Quite the rude awakening.

Dugout shots showed them clowning the fans and it was pissing me off, like they knew because it was us, this was over. Reminds me of those comments from Cubs brass a few years ago, or the Giants pitcher (was it Jake Peavy?) in '14 NLDS where he said we had no balls, even though he was right

**** them. Enjoy the offseason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Just woke up and have already seen Sotos hit again like 3x

Its Kuzys winner against Pittsburgh all over again

I would say like Eric shin in the double OT win against the Blues. All of twitter last night night was making correlations to the Caps 

Edited by just654

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

No one hates a team as much as the Braves hate the Nats. I actually hate the Mets and Phillies more--but goddamn--it's viceral with the Braves. They are obsessed with the Nats.

Ripping this off from someone a few years back:

Braves Fan: What do you think of the Braves?

Nats Fan: We don't.

About sums it up for me. As a kid growing up, they were the "Southern Yankees". Everyone was a fan for no reason at all.

• Like 1