Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wanna trade the Nats future for the Orioles future?  You're lying if you say no. 

Who knows what the future holds?

I do know that in the present the O's look really good.

And as for the Nats, they are obviously in a rebuild.

Probably best to revisit this once the Nats young talent makes it to the majors.

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Who knows what the future holds?

I do know that in the present the O's look really good.

And as for the Nats, they are obviously in a rebuild.

Probably best to revisit this once the Nats young talent makes it to the majors.

Orioles young talent or Nats young talent, who would you take?  

Of course who knows what the future holds, that's a no duh statement.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Anyone hear Anthony Rendon's comments yesterday? Dude basically doesn't enjoy playing baseball at all and admitted as much. So glad we didn't pay him(but still love the guy for helping us win a ring).

Yeah, we knew he was weird here. But when he was healthy, he was playing well and nothing else seemed to matter. His comments suck because there are guys in the minors who live this game and won't ever get to the show.

Nobody after 2019 was saying let both him and Stras walk, and give that money to Turner or Soto (who wouldn't have taken it because **** Boras). 

17 hours ago, Forehead said:

You guys see the Rendon story?  You don't expect that from pro athletes since they're being paid millions to play a sport, but he said what millions of people feel about their own jobs.

You don’t really hear about in baseball. It’s a tough game if you don’t love it. You see it more in basketball and football.

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Anyone hear Anthony Rendon's comments yesterday? Dude basically doesn't enjoy playing baseball at all and admitted as much. So glad we didn't pay him(but still love the guy for helping us win a ring).

he said the literal same thing when he was here 

he said he doesn't watch baseball because it's his job 

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I thought he said something similar when he was in DC, right?  

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Tbf, his actual quote is not that bad.  I would even say it's fine and probably the norm (or should be anyway).

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39558347/anthony-rendon-baseball-never-top-priority-me

The injury-plagued former All-Star said his enthusiasm for baseball has remained the same throughout his career before being asked whether his perspective on the game has changed.

"It's never been a top priority for me," Rendon said. "This is a job. I do this to make a living. My faith, my family come first before this job. So if those things come before it, I'm leaving."

he also emphasized that baseball remains a priority -- even if it isn't his top priority.

"Oh, it's a priority for sure, because it's my job," he said. "I'm here, aren't I?"

I mean how many people place job above family and ,if applicable, faith?  If they do, I would say that's screwed up priorities.  If it is a priority like he said, just not a top one, it's fine.  If his numbers haven't been so disappointing since he signed with LA, this probably doesn't make as much noise.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Uh oh @Riggo#44is here!  Can't wait to see what truth grenades he's gonna drop!  Maybe another great post about DC income vs Baltimore income?  

I know you have about 7 years of silence to make up for...it's ok. Not only am I not the one trolling O's thread, I actually congratulated you all on dumping Angelos. But to each their own. I will take the high road, the same way I did for several years while you all were losing 100+.

47 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Brady Casa is gonna be a good one.

Last year he averaged 91 off the bat, peaking at ~117, Per BA.

• Haha 1

Just now, bearrock said:

I mean how many people place job above family and ,if applicable, faith?  If they do, I would say that's screwed up priorities.  If it is a priority like he said, just not a top one, it's fine.  If his numbers haven't been so disappointing since he signed with LA, this probably doesn't make as much noise.

I think it raised a bunch of eyebrows yesterday because he's also been hurt.  And I think there have been whispers of him playing through injury or taking too much time coming back from injuries.

Also, I think there's a lot of people out there that think these guys should love it since they make so much.  

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Orioles young talent or Nats young talent, who would you take?  

Of course who knows what the future holds, that's a no duh statement.

To be fair, you brought up the future.

Perhaps you should have just asked "which team has more young talent?"

But this isn't a serious conversation anyway.

You're an O's fan who is feeling himself after lasts year's success....and that's fine. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

27 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

O's fans, for whatever reason, are obsessed with showing up the Nationals.

I'm really just here to give you a good ribbing since I'd heard it from you for years :ols:

I hope the Nats youth movement goes well and that these two teams can meet in a I-95 Series someday.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm really just here to give you a good ribbing since I'd heard it from you for years :ols:

I hope the Nats youth movement goes well and that these two teams can meet in a I-95 Series someday.

Yeah, it's going to take some time. The lottery sucks.

11 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Bunch of Crews missiles incoming this year. Crews, House,  Wood, and Abrams..future looks bright. Just need some of these pitchers to pan out. 

I really wanted Skenes heading into the draft. But am really happy with Crews. Seems to be a really good dude…a guy who could be the face of the franchise.

9 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wanna trade the Nats future for the Orioles future?  You're lying if you say no. 

Nats will eventually start spending money I'm not buying the Orioles will even with new ownership...they need to prove it, and Nats will still have yall beat on market size and revenue.  Addressing the main situation helps both teams, but Nats more.