Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Thought Gallo was much older than 30. The hope is that he goes on a heater before the deadline. Not getting distracted by his ugly batting average, he’s overall a fairly average hitter. 2023 OPS+ 101. Career 109. Dreadful 2022 season. Very good in 2021.

Haven’t seen the corresponding 40

man move (Call, maybe). I would have rather gone Brandon Belt if they insisted on a lefty. But this is overall meh. Slightly better than Dickerson.

As of now, without a minors push:

Abrams 6

Thomas 9

Meneses 3

Ruiz 2

Garrett DH

Garcia 4

Senzel 5

Gallo 7

Robles 8

Millas, Young, Vargas, Nunez

5 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Hoskins going for 2/34 to Milwaukee, it appears. Should have been on that, in my opinion. Unless they plan to use that $10-$15M in savings on a frontline pitcher, which doesn’t seem likely at all.

Wholly agree. It's entirely possible he didn't want to come to a rebuild, but still feels like we could have topped that--3 years, $18m per? Hell $20m per wouldn't be outrageous. Feels like a miss. 

Who knows, they could be in on Blake Snell...more likely Blake Treinen though.

I will say I'm getting the spring training vibes man the social media put out a post where the Nats are loading up the trucks and driving down to Florida, soon pitchers and catchers will report. And Rizzo, Martinez and Doolittle will hold a hot stove event for season ticket holders this Saturday so I look forward to seeing how the fans feel over the last few years and the progress on the "rebuild"

Looking at the roster though--we have some young arms we're going to want to give innings: Gore, Gray are locks, Irvin probably is too. Cavalli is coming back, and we have Jackson Rutledge that needs to show what he has at the MLB level. That will shove Williams to the pen later. 

46 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Looking at the roster though--we have some young arms we're going to want to give innings: Gore, Gray are locks, Irvin probably is too. Cavalli is coming back, and we have Jackson Rutledge that needs to show what he has at the MLB level. That will shove Williams to the pen later. 

We got lucky with SP health last year. Things will get pretty thin, pretty quickly if Gore or Gray have problems.

There’s still a logjam of SP out there that may not get settled until the end January/early February. 

I could see us land Ryu and try to move him when Cavalli gets back.

As of now, it makes sense to start Rutledge in the rotation and move Williams to the pen. 

Bullpen: Finnegan, Harvey, Rainey, Floro, Weems, Garcia, Adon, Williams.

I did read something about Houston being in on Finnegan.

Baseball America has their org top 30 out. (I haven’t seen the full list, subscription)

Guys who have been added to the system within the year:

1 - Crews

5 - Morales

12 - Hurtado

14 - Sykora

15 - Herz

17 - Nunez

19 - Pickney

24 - Feliz

25 - Made

Industry guys sure are high on Hurtado. Should be a fun watch.

• Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Bullpen: Finnegan, Harvey, Rainey, Floro, Weems, Garcia, Adon, Williams.

I did read something about Houston being in on Finnegan.

I saw that too, that was probably before they signed Hader. I like our Pen--lot's Ks coming from Rainey, Finny, and  Harvey. Floro, Weems, Adon make a solid bridge. Also, don't forget Ferrer who I think will be good and Brzykcy coming back.

• Like 1

I honestly think the new DC logo and the block letters look ok but they should be combined as the alternate. I don't like the pullover at all...not a fan of pullovers as a uniform in general.

Nike is going to screw up baseball uniforms now with absurd made up rules about having limited time for each. Same thing happened to the NBA, can't even identify some teams by their traditional colors or logos because they change so often.

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

The Washington block letters look like they were designed by Costco. The Kirkland Signature baseball team. 

They’re as bad as the Os city connect and the Great Britain WBC jerseys

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

They’re as bad as the Os city connect and the Great Britain WBC jerseys

Orioles’ was pretty uninspired, considering the color trim was the best part and that was in the lining and they recycled the B logo. I’m get that minimalism is the style of the time but oof sometimes. 

• Like 1