Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

53 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I saw the Robles video and it was much more tame than I thought it would be. He sorta twisted through the follow through and watched it for an extra split second. Getting pissed about that says more about Bumgarner than anything else. 

Bumgarner is a ****: 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 7/24/2022 at 8:40 PM, Riggo#44 said:

We won a game! Suck it America! WHOOOWHEEEE!!

Hey @Spaceman Spiff, your boys really impressed me this weekend. They went into a really hostile environment and battled the Yankees on their turf. Very impressive. They got something going there.

I also saw a tweet that said the Cardinals were the front runner for Soto. Here are their Top 30: https://www.mlb.com/prospects/cardinals/

If rumors are true, we'd get at least their top 3 on that list--Jordan Walker being the #1 get. Plus a few others.

I hope you guys get a massive haul for Soto.  I thought the Padres were a front runner with Gore/Abrams being the headliners but this Cardinals news is interesting.

And yeah, the Orioles did alright until the last game which was a bit of a clunker.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I hope you guys get a massive haul for Soto.  I thought the Padres were a front runner with Gore/Abrams being the headliners but this Cardinals news is interesting.

And yeah, the Orioles did alright until the last game which was a bit of a clunker.  

I definitely don’t want to trade Soto.  I want to resign him between now and the 2023 deadline.  But, if he does get traded, I’d like to see the Padres and Cardinals try to outcompete each other.  

SD: Gore/Abrams/Hassell/Wood/Haynes + Merrill

StL:

Walker, Donovan, Liberatore, Graceffo, Nunez, + Gorman/Carlson

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I definitely don’t want to trade Soto.  I want to resign him between now and the 2023 deadline.  But, if he does get traded, I’d like to see the Padres and Cardinals try to outcompete each other.  

SD: Gore/Abrams/Hassell/Wood/Haynes + Merrill

StL:

Walker, Donovan, Liberatore, Graceffo, Nunez, + Gorman/Carlson

Don't sleep on the Mariners--Jerry DiPoto is a wheeler-dealer. 

And of course no one wants to trade Soto--but given the situation, and that Boras is a soulless greed demon, there is a single-digit percent chance they resign him. They have to trade him.

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Don't sleep on the Mariners--Jerry DiPoto is a wheeler-dealer. 

And of course no one wants to trade Soto--but given the situation, and that Boras is a soulless greed demon, there is a single-digit percent chance they resign him. They have to trade him.

I don’t see Seattle having the pitching prospect like SD and StL have.

And I wouldn’t say “no one” wants to trade Soto.  After all, he is hitting sub .250. 🤣

I’d set a very, very high bar to trade him this deadline.  If it’s not met, you have a whole year to work on the extension and you’ll likely be able to get a great return next deadline.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

And I wouldn’t say “no one” wants to trade Soto.  After all, he is hitting sub .250. 🤣

Oh there are a not-insignifcant number of BFiBs who think like this, they also don't like his "antics" and should be more like Goldschmidt, Arenado et al. Aka White.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Oh there are a not-insignifcant number of BFiBs who think like this, they also don't like his "antics" and should be more like Goldschmidt, Arenado et al. Aka White.

I don’t see Arenado or Goldschmidt doing anything in this Toronto series starting today…

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

"insiders" on twitter think Soto to SD is pretty much a done deal. I've seen this before with max though. You guys think Riz will throw one more offer at Soto before accepting?

I've accepted he's gone and will be traded. I actually prefer doing it now to maximize value. I'll also be surprised if they actually pull the trigger, but we'll see.

Whether he's traded or not, I'm 100% convinced he isn't signing **** until free agency.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

I've accepted he's gone and will be traded. I actually prefer doing it now to maximize value. I'll also be surprised if they actually pull the trigger, but we'll see.

Whether he's traded or not, I'm 100% convinced he isn't signing **** until free agency.

I agree. just curious if Rizzo will try 1 more deal at him before the deadline, especially since there's still some time. based on some these offers ive seen, im pretty confident he's gone by next week if they don't throw him one more offer

• Sad 1

I wonder if they've been getting input on this from prospective buyers.  If I was the new owner, making a can't refuse type of offer, regardless of whether it's accepted or not, would be a good way to drum up good will with the fan base.  Is the franchise really more valuable with prospects than a marquee star?  

50 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I wonder if they've been getting input on this from prospective buyers.  If I was the new owner, making a can't refuse type of offer, regardless of whether it's accepted or not, would be a good way to drum up good will with the fan base.  Is the franchise really more valuable with prospects than a marquee star?  

Same here. I gotta believe - Soto, Corbin, Stras - have all been discussed by prospective buyers.