Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

I hate this so much.  I put about 80% of the blame on Boras, but the Lerners have some role here too.  Terrible time to be selling the team and adding that much uncertainty.  The best way to approach this would be just ask Soto what he wants and give him everything.  There is basically no feasible contract that would not be worth getting this guy locked up for the next 10+ years.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

I hate this so much.  I put about 80% of the blame on Boras, but the Lerners have some role here too.  Terrible time to be selling the team and adding that much uncertainty.  The best way to approach this would be just ask Soto what he wants and give him everything.  There is basically no feasible contract that would not be worth getting this guy locked up for the next 10+ years.  

I posted this on twitter, and will reiterate here. Boras is asking for Max Scherzer AAV over 10-12-15 years. Soto wants to play for/build a winner, but take up ~25% of the luxury tax by him self? How is that helping build a winner? This is clearly Boras pulling the strings. Rizzo constantly says he wants players who are more concerned about the name on the front of the jersey, rather than the back of it. This sounds like Soto is more concerned about the name on the back of it. We'll see what happens--but when it starts the back-and-forth through the media, that's usually the end of it.

That being said both Mark Lerner and Scott Boras can rot in greedy ****ing hell.

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

So Olney is saying that OTHER teams’ GMs say they’ll trade him?  Does that really mean anything?

Probably not. I'd be shocked if he got traded by this deadline. I'd set the timetable at a year to get the deal done.

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Probably not. I'd be shocked if he got traded by this deadline. I'd set the timetable at a year to get the deal done.

Yes, the keep/trade decision should be made at the next deadline.

Of the teams mentioned, Texas probably has the best prospect targets.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What's next, reminding me of the ****show that the Chris Davis contract was?  

I could remind you of a lot of things. Like having just almost as many 100+ loss seasons (3) as winning seasons (4) in the last almost 25 years? But go ahead, I'll let you play the annoying little brother. It's good for you self-esteem, given you still need the Nationals to exist.

• Haha 2

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I could remind you of a lot of things. Like having just almost as many 100+ loss seasons (3) as winning seasons (4) in the last almost 25 years? But go ahead, I'll let you play the annoying little brother. It's good for you self-esteem, given you still need the Nationals to exist.

jordan-laughing-michael-jordan.gif

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Yes, the keep/trade decision should be made at the next deadline.

Of the teams mentioned, Texas probably has the best prospect targets.

If I had to pick one, I'd say San Diego or Seattle. Center a deal around CJ Abrams? I don't think the Mariners would give up Rodriguez in that deal--but one can dream...

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

jordan-laughing-michael-jordan.gif

No comeback? Didn't think so. 

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

What a duplicitous ****. This jackass runs to the media whenever it suits him. **** him.

He is pissed that the FO leaked the $440M to Rosenthall.

He’s mad that he’s not controlling the narrative through Heyman.

As for the targets, I think I’d be more interested in a package of Leiter, Jung, Duran +++ than what SD will be able to put together.

23 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

He is pissed that the FO leaked the $440M to Rosenthall.

He’s mad that he’s not controlling the narrative through Heyman.

As for the targets, I think I’d be more interested in a package of Leiter, Jung, Duran +++ than what SD will be able to put together.

Seriously he is not doing Soto any favors here. But Abrams, Hassell, Gore, plus a couple wild cards.

57 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Seriously he is not doing Soto any favors here. But Abrams, Hassell, Gore, plus a couple wild cards.

That is a good start for a return.  I’d also add in pitchers Lizarraga, Lawson, and Haynes.

I do think this is all fantasy because I don’t think a team will give up enough.  Also, I can’t see how SD would be able to keep Soto with their commitments to Machado and Tatis.

• Like 1