Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

10 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

Still don't buy that. Adrianza TOUCHED THE BAG. In Davey's press conference, he said the umpires claimed Adrianza never touched the base, which was obviously wrong. I truly, truly don't get why he didn't play the game under protest.

I listened to Charlie and Dave explain it way later. Sounds like Umps ****ed up. We're confused. New York made a call on just one part of the mess. Unwinnable for the Umps. They were wrong and had to be doubly wrong that would hurt one team. 

• Like 1

Both runners hesitated at contact, then took off as the ball neared Bell at 1B.

No clue why the run counted. No clue why it mattered if Adrianza touched the bag or the Pirate at third first. If there were 0 outs, it would have been an easy triple play. Very similar to Zim's triple play in San Fran.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Was jus coming to ask about this, looks like yall on it, good grief : /

Wild day at Nationals Park includes trip to deep recesses of MLB rule book

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/06/30/nationals-pirates-controversial-play/

Since I didn't see the play, the article explained one of my favorite baseball trivia questions: Is there ever a situation where a team can make 4 outs in an inning? 

Um...I hate to be a Debbie downer, but am I the only nervous about offering $425 million to someone hitting only .224 right now?

I'm not saying don't make an offer at all...just...this would be the largest deal in MLB history at the time of the worst production of his career. 😶

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Um...I hate to be a Debbie downer, but am I the only nervous about offering $425 million to someone hitting only .224 right now?

I'm not saying don't make an offer at all...just...this would be the largest deal in MLB history at the time of the worst production of his career. 😶

Not nervous at all.  

And, to be accurate, Trout’s extension was larger.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Not nervous at all.  

Seriously? Not at all?  Why not?

For comparison sake, Harper was hitting .249 his last year in DC and that was seemingly plenty justification in letting him walk for a lot of people.

9 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

And, to be accurate, Trout’s extension was larger.

Ugh, I see, I saw this, this is annoying:

1372306821_SmartSelect_20220630-164444_BleacherReport.jpg.ddd4837a5e953e3809b66c063e54cfb5.jpg

If the two sides agree, the new deal would put Soto just short of the largest contact in MLB history set by Mike Trout with his 12-year, $426.5 million deal signed in 2019.

51 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Welp, they get a decent draft position this year, and will have a great one next year. Need to keep refilling those minors. 

Also, last night was brutal. a week ago it looked like they were improving on a few things. Now it looks like tanking.

12 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Welp, they get a decent draft position this year, and will have a great one next year. Need to keep refilling those minors. 

Also, last night was brutal. a week ago it looked like they were improving on a few things. Now it looks like tanking.

First year of a rebuild typically looks like this. As for last night, we had 1 legitimate hitter in the lineup and our pitching consisted of a bunch of JAGs who won't be here in two years, at most. Most will be gone next year.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

First year of a rebuild typically looks like this. As for last night, we had 1 legitimate hitter in the lineup and our pitching consisted of a bunch of JAGs who won't be here in two years, at most. Most will be gone next year.

Wait, are you giving up on Garcia and Ruiz as legitimate hitters?