Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

On 7/7/2022 at 7:27 AM, Riggo#44 said:

I'd love to see a study of teams that benefit from bad calls more and teams that get screwed more. I guarantee we're one of the teams that gets screwed more.

https://twitter.com/umpscorecards/?lang=en

This account doesn't do every game. But I like to see the stats

Here is one from a few games ago

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

This account doesn't do every game. But I like to see the stats

Here is one from a few games ago

I saw this one--and Bill Miller was terrible--it's interesting the Nats benefitted more. But I was also referring to the clear blown call on Garcia's SB as well. We always seem to be on the wrong side of weird 4th Outs and Trea Turner base path calls.

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I saw this one--and Bill Miller was terrible--it's interesting the Nats benefitted more. But I was also referring to the clear blown call on Garcia's SB as well. We always seem to be on the wrong side of weird 4th Outs and Trea Turner base path calls.

yeah, I get what you mean. The terrible calls that really stand out. Still, the Umps who have reps for being terrible are typically terrible on these charts too. So at least that's not in our heads.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is because when a bad call goes our way, we are like THEY GOT IT RIGHT!

• Haha 2

I'd love to see a study of teams that benefit from bad calls more and teams that get screwed more. I guarantee we're one of the teams that gets screwed more.

Man...I wouldn't be shocked if this post existed in some form on every sports message board on the Internet...

• Like 2

Said every fan of every team ever.

Anyway, just wanted to invite you former Orioles fans to dust off your old O's gear and hop on the bandwagon.  Feel free to come on home.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Anyway, just wanted to invite you former Orioles fans to dust off your old O's gear and hop on the bandwagon.  Feel free to come on home.

Glad you guys are having a nice season. Reminds me of 2012ish here for Washington fans. Things starting to click. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Thank you, sir.  I mainly just come in here to give @Riggo#44 a hard time.

It's definitely more fun when the Nats are going good, too.  

Yep. We'll see what happens with ownership. We're accepting of the suck right now. Gave up a lot of make a run. Now the bill is due. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, you need someone in that stadium...

49 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Glad you guys are having a nice season. Reminds me of 2012ish here for Washington fans. Things starting to click. 

I think it's more 2011. We got hot midseason that year, but 2012 we started 14-4 on our way to a 98 win season....****ing Pete Kozma.

Nashville is going to be really excited to get that team.

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Who do we want to come away with this weekend.  I can’t imagine Jones or Holliday falling to 5.  But it’d be damn cool if they did.

I'd like to see them get a big bat: OF, 3B, 1B? 

5. Nationals: Elijah Green, OF, IMG Academy, Bradenton, Fla. (No. 3)
Green may have the highest ceiling in the Draft, but there's a sense that he might be sliding. He probably falls to No. 9 or lower if he doesn't fit in the Top 5. Lee, Parada and Johnson are other options for the Nats as well.

Edited by EmirOfShmo