Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

I got a mini season ticket plan for the first time, tix for myself, wifey and 3-year old.  I expect significant time will be spent at the playground, or for a few games we will leave her home with mother-in-law and bring father-in-law to the game.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I got a mini season ticket plan for the first time, tix for myself, wifey and 3-year old.  I expect significant time will be spent at the playground, or for a few games we will leave her home with mother-in-law and bring father-in-law to the game.  

Or me!  I can totally pull off a 3 year old!

• Haha 1

Miller's fun fact: Not only did Soto show up with an extraordinarily mature approach at the plate as a teenager last season, but he also showed the in-season growth associated with youth. In the first half, Soto's chase rate was the 48th best in baseball, out of about 300 batters. In the second half he was sixth, just ahead of Alex Bregman. (This coincided with the league's first big adjustment against him, a shift away from fastballs.) The next step -- combining that eye with selective aggression in the zone -- would push him into the Joey Votto tier of elite approaches.

tenor.gif?itemid=5283403

• Like 2

Weren't we supposed to work on fundamentals?

5 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

I see we're already to the point in the season when the fans blame pitching/bullpen for us not scoring runs...

It was definitely ****ty approaches with man on 3rd, less than 2 outs. It was a problem all last year.

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Weren't we supposed to work on fundamentals?

It was definitely ****ty approaches with man on 3rd, less than 2 outs. It was a problem all last year.

Edit: Nevermind, i get what you were saying now...

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Damn. Bad opening day for the nats. What are the expectations for the team this season btw? You guys know more about this than me, how do you think we’ll be? Playoffs? About the same as last year? Worse?

I honestly think this is one of the best rosters we've had in years... how far that takes us though depends on a) learning to consistently hit, and b) if martinez has grown at all since last year.

Edited by mammajamma

36 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Already out on Martinez learning a damned thing.

It is unfortunate. You want him to "get it" and to be able to push the right buttons. This year folks are going to examine ever little thing he does. 

It's fair an all. He did preach this all spring. 

• Like 1