Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

57 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Brandon Woodruff vs. the Nats for his career:

4 G 2-0 18.2 IP 0.96 ERA 11 H 2 ER 2 BB 23Ks.

This is going to give me more grey hair...

It's worth noting that he's coming back from an injury.  He's been eased in going 2 innings each in his only two starts since July.  Have to wonder where his conditioning/endurance are at.  Get the pitch count up and go to work.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigHuv21 said:

It's worth noting that he's coming back from an injury.  He's been eased in going 2 innings each in his only two starts since July.  Have to wonder where his conditioning/endurance are at.  Get the pitch count up and go to work.  

I would assume he’ll serve as effectively an opener for them. 2-3 innings for Woodruff most likely.

Zach Davies will be on 4 days rest so he should be available. Chase Anderson will be on 5 days rest. Both of them are approx 1.2 WHIP guys this year (FIP north of 4.50 though). 

The thing that worries me most is the Nats tend to do best after seeing a pitcher 2-3 times. They won’t have that opportunity tomorrow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I would've been skeptical of 7/210-215 getting it done this close to free agency.  With 7 yr post contract deferred money, there's no chance.  Maybe it might have worked in February.  Not in September.  There no chance he doesn't get at least an offer that good in the open market.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, bearrock said:

I would've been skeptical of 7/210-215 getting it done this close to free agency.  With 7 yr post contract deferred money, there's no chance.  Maybe it might have worked in February.  Not in September.  There no chance he doesn't get at least an offer that good in the open market.

I'd be very curious who leaked this--Boras or the Nats?

26 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'd be very curious who leaked this--Boras or the Nats?

Me too.  And day before the WC game?  I would imagine neither side would have much interest in having that be a topic.  Although I doubt it would be that much of a distraction.

Atta boy Nats, way to lowball the hell out of Rendon.  You’re going to have to at least give him what Arenado got & that’s 8 years 260.  So if you’re going to offer him 7 years I think 230 at the minimum plus an opt out after about 3 years but what do I know?!

Edited by -JB-

12 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Can someone explain to me how this works? I thought baseball was about series, how does one game decide a wildcard spot? Is this apart of the series? I thought the Nats were already in for sure?

Two teams from each league make the wild card game.  Whatever team wins that game then advances to the Divisional round of the playoffs.  Winner of Wild Card game between Nationals/Brewers will face Dodgers in the next round because Wild Card winner plays the team with the best record during the regular season.

Things I'm nervous about:

-- NLWC Home team is 2-5.

-- Woodruff-Lyles-Hader aren't big names, other than Hader, but can shut a line up down.

-- Nats have never hit Woodruff

-- We've won 8, they've lost 3. We're due for a loss, they're due for a win.

-- DC team in an elimination game does not instill a boatload of confidence, Caps Cup Run aside.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

All that being said, I hope the crowd is ready to rock and roll. Don't any bad juju permeating Nats Park

And no bull**** wild pitches, errors or passed ball type ****. If you're gonna go down. Go down like men.

I'm banking on the Corey Spangenberg or Travis Shaw with the bent over, one-handed, 2 RBI double...

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm banking on the Corey Spangenberg or Travis Shaw with the bent over, one-handed, 2 RBI double...

I have a feeling the young guns answer the bell today. May be in store for something epic. Lord knows I need it. Sports is gonna suck for awhile, outside of the Nats

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1