Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the average age of our real fan base?

clskinsfan

What is the average age of our fanbase? Tell us your age. Names will not be made public  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your age group?

• 0-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • Older than 70

47 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Fixed that for you.

The Redskins are rapidly losing the 20-30-something demographic and that demographic is now having kids, who are absolutely not going to be Redskins fans. Even older folks are jumping ship as far as watching religiously every week. It's an exodus, the attendance and ratings prove it.

But the true effects of this **** show won't be felt for about 10-15 years when today's kids are the main consumers and none of them have a connection to the franchise. They did just see a championship parade though.

Good fix, Wizards are more example of what Redskns could become where the die hard are limited to local area because we have a team but no one else really cares about anymore.  They come to see their team.

I used to say winning would fix this, but Wizards have had a couple playoff runs to hid just how bad our front office is and that still doesn't really move the needle.  Now that's about to come apart and it will go right back to nobody cares at all, except the few that defend and root for the team out of habit.

If someone like @stevemcqueen1 can make a threat to be done with the Wizards, absolutely the Redskins could become an after thought that would take more then a generation of being run well and winning to fix.  This is the key to my posts a couple playoff runs won't fix this, a fad diet here and there won't get this body in shape.  It's in need of a total lifestyle change or the franchise will die from heart disease.

What is the average age of the Redskins' fan base?

Hang on just a second... let me pull up the spreadsheet. 

This is trickier than it looks - for one thing, 41.3% of all the fans listed now say they "hate the Redskins with the burning fire of 1,000 suns." Not sure we can count them.

Okay, we'll take a broad view of the issue. The analysis will include not only people who say they are still fans (including those who have been placed in institutions against their will), but also those who say they would be fans if the owner, front office, stadium, coaches, and players weren't all so appallingly bad. Best I can do.

So... load into Access database... calculating...

The average age is 54.3157 years old. Make of it what you will. 

I’ll be 33 in a couple weeks. Been a fan since day 1. Spent way too much money over the years on the Redskins, but such is life. Still go to every home game, but it’s turned more into a time to hang out with friends so the results of games don’t ruin my week.

59 years old, grew up with Sonny poster over my bed, George Allen and over hill gang.

Two sons early 30's married with kids of their own.

Took my boys to the games each year while they grew up but I don't even think they watch them anymore.

Maybe my new years resolution should be to not visit this depressing sight and team anymore but it's in my blood too much.

Young people don’t do message boards so naturally this poll will skew old.  Also, I think it became harder to find ES after it was absolved by the team.

As much as I love this place, it skewed younger in the 2000’s before Dan picked it up.  Not sure if that’s his fault or simply the fact that kids don’t join anything except reddit and Instagram these days.

52years old myself, lived in Maryland until third grade. Redskins were my team when we moved to North Jersey,  still are. Definitely getting much harder to be a fan. Will not leave, but haven’t given the skins/nfl a dollar in at least 3 years. The rules, qb cannot be hit, tuck rule, pass completion bs to name a few are making the game unwatchable for me. Haven’t been a college football fan, all that much, but this year definitely watched more of it. And a new stadium for the skins, living in Atlanta for 20 plus years, Atlanta is  still paying for the Ga Dome and got soaked for another stadium. Make Dan pay for it out of pocket, if he actually has the cash. 

Happy New Year to all.   

Archived