Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Cut DJ Swearinger!

skinfan2k

Said it was coming. 

Good player gone. However, I'll take that as some positive action against players talking **** against the coaching staff.

It was interesting at the time that Jon Allen came out in support of Manusky. Reckon he's the big dog in the D lockeroom group these days.

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

if this team wants to be taken serious, Jon Allen needs to be the defensive captain.  

Just alluded to that. Agree.

Stupid, stupid move.  He was one of our best defensive players.  I get that he was crossing the line calling out coaches, but if you really want him gone with only one game left in the season, make him inactive for the last game with a paid one game suspension for conduct detrimental to the team.  That will send your message.  It also allows the the team to retain his rights and trade him during the off-season. With the way he was playing and the affordable contract, we could've gotten a midround pick for him.  Just plain stupid.  

This guy acts getting tiring after a while.  4 teams and only 27 years old.  You keep everything in house regardless of the issues.  Also, for all the talk, he goes for personal stats.  He's good awful in coverage anyways.  The NFL is built now to have 2 free safeties.  He aint one. 

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Stupid, stupid move.  He was one of our best defensive players.  I get that he was crossing the line calling out coaches, but if you really want him gone with only one game left in the season, make him inactive for the last game with a paid one game suspension for conduct detrimental to the team.  That will send your message.  It also allows the the team to retain his rights and trade him during the off-season. With the way he was playing and the affordable contract, we could've gotten a midround pick for him.  Just plain stupid.  

Terrible use of assets. Was playing above his contract with another year of control. But sure, let’s cut this guy. Now we traded a 4th for a garbage 1 year rental in haha, to replace Nicholson who was just arrested, and DJ is cut, so we can’t even get a COMP pick when he signs elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

**** the Redskins!!! I’m done with these ****es. It tells me these ****ing coaches are going to be back next year. 

Done me with it!!! ****ing done with it! 

I agree with you in the sense that the move would only happen if those decision makers were returning.  I just hope that wasn't Bruce Allen's call, bc that means we are stuck with him for at least another year.

1 minute ago, fordranger76 said:

Say what you will but this was the right move. His performance can be replaced. Hopefully the next guy is a professional.

How many years has it been we've been looking for a safety to perform to the standards Swearinger has this year? 

Off the top of my head Meriweather, Clark, Ihenacho, Goldson, Bruton, Archuleta, Doughty, Landry etc

Nothing about what our front office has done the past ten years says we can easily replace a quality starter like Swearinger. 

Archived